Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Simple Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Simple Tuning Questions

1. Im thinking about taking my car to someone to have them dynotune it with LS1 Edit, but i think the previous owner used SOMETHING to get rid of the 02 sensor codes and permanetly turn traction control off.... will they still be able to use LS1 Edit to tune the car? I ask because i was reading a book and they said if another tuning software was previously used on my car that it wouldnt be compatible anymore, I really dont want to make the drive only to find out it cant be tuned

2. How exactly do you figure out when you tune the car yourself wether its making more power? Is dynoing the only way?

3. It says the requirements on the laptop for HP Tuners is the following:
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 98 or Better
300 mhz PC or Laptop (Minimum)
600 mhz PC or Laptop (Recommended)
64 MB of RAM
40 MB of Disk Space
Native Serial Port or PCMCIA serial adapter

I meet all the requirements except my laptop is 233 Mhz..... Think I'll still be able to run the software?

Thanks for any help
Old 08-30-2005, 06:10 AM
FormerVendor

Im pretty sure a tuner wouldnt lock the pcmfor rear 02's alone...and you cant "tune" out traction control.I would look under the car and make sure that it doesnt have MIL sims installed.(little black box's where the rear 02's used to plug in)you could also have a GM dealer flash a stock bin. file to your PCM if it is "locked"...or Im sure someone around you has HPT
Old 08-31-2005, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tunafish
Im pretty sure a tuner wouldnt lock the pcmfor rear 02's alone...and you cant "tune" out traction control.I would look under the car and make sure that it doesnt have MIL sims installed.(little black box's where the rear 02's used to plug in)you could also have a GM dealer flash a stock bin. file to your PCM if it is "locked"...or Im sure someone around you has HPT
yea i guess..

Im still curious.. If i use LS1 Edit or another tuning software if i will be able to use HP Tuners later on my own
Old 08-31-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exit
yea i guess..

Im still curious.. If i use LS1 Edit or another tuning software if i will be able to use HP Tuners later on my own

if you're the one tuning it... then you can use HPT or whatever tuning software you want
Old 08-31-2005, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by horist
if you're the one tuning it... then you can use HPT or whatever tuning software you want
what i mean is... If i take it to someone and have them tune it with LS1 Edit... and later on i buy HP Tuners .. will i be able to tune it or does LS1 Edit like lock it up specifically for LS1 Edit?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Tunafish]...and you cant "tune" out traction control.

Yes you can. At least with EFILive. I can tune it out just a little or all of it. I can even tune how the traction is controlled.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

You can set up the delay for when it activates after power ignition to pcm. But the limit is 400 something seconds.. Still plenty of time before you remember to push the button.. I can look up the table number later..
Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by exit
what i mean is... If i take it to someone and have them tune it with LS1 Edit... and later on i buy HP Tuners .. will i be able to tune it or does LS1 Edit like lock it up specifically for LS1 Edit?

you should be able to stil read the PCM after na edit tune....

if the tuner locks the PCM (before getting a tune ask them if they lock their PCMs... if they lock them... that means they don't want your money) then there's a slight chance of not being able to read w/HPT .. but as far as I know.. HPT can read even locked LS1 edit tunes
Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Thanks for cleaing up some of questions

Any idea if the laptop will be ok with 233 Mhz for HP Tuners?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

as far as i know ..GM PSP will take of it ...HPT..EFI. not edit ,LS1 edit is the only one that cares that EDP2Z isnt ED5F2....but i only know what I heard
Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wait4me
You can set up the delay for when it activates after power ignition to pcm. But the limit is 400 something seconds.. Still plenty of time before you remember to push the button.. I can look up the table number later..

B6613 max time 410 secs