Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues installing 2 versions of HPT 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Issues installing 2 versions of HPT 2.0

I am having a problem loading both cables on my laptop. I have 2 different cables to cover all of the years for the C5s. WHats the trick to getting both cables loaded?
Phil
Old 10-19-2005, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hrmm I'm not sure but you may need to install the software twice in 2 locations. 1 instalation per cable?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
7 Second Club

I copied all the files and deleted the one I installed and reinstalled the 2nd set and seems to work fine.
Phil
Old 10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
I am having a problem loading both cables on my laptop. I have 2 different cables to cover all of the years for the C5s. WHats the trick to getting both cables loaded?
Phil

I am having the same issues with my cables, did you get it working yet? I even tried it on a computer that NEVER had HP Tuners on it before with all the windows updates. Never had this problem with version 1.x. I have a very bad feeling about this........

When I was testing out beta ver 2.0, it worked fine with my other cables but the installer was your "normal" installer, it asked you where you wanted it to go.

This is the error message I get:

Old 10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when do you get that message bill? When opening a file? When trying to flash someone? I have 2 cable softwares on 3 computers with no issues viewing or modifying anything...havent used it to flash anything since i got .16 though
Old 10-20-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foff667
when do you get that message bill? When opening a file? When trying to flash someone? I have 2 cable softwares on 3 computers with no issues viewing or modifying anything...havent used it to flash anything since i got .16 though

Is yours with Ver 2.0?

To verify the error, I got out my extra laptop that never had any HP Tuner software installed on it, basically just a clean install with all the Microsoft updates including all the .net framework updates. The only thing installed was Office 2002.

I installed my first cable/software. That program works fine. I moved the folder where it installed it to, to a different location (which the program still works fine) on the HD like I did with Ver 1.x and then tried to install another cable/software.

I click on the file, then click run, then I get the error message. I even deleted the "HP Tuner" folder too.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

huh...i dunno man
worse comes to worse go into the control panel & delete it from there...i had to do that fwiw but it doesnt really do anything lol...pm me if you need any help...funny how things go full circle...you helped me doing it initially now im having to help you lol
Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
7 Second Club

I got mine working....Here's what I did
Every HP Tuner version I have is in a filed named HP Tuner year xx - xx - xx - xx
When you load HP Tuners it makes a new folder on your program files directory called "Hp Tuners"
Copy the V2.0 into your HP Tuner year xx - xx - xx according to what program it is.
Delete the "HP Tuners" Folder and all of its contents which were copied to HP Tuner year xx - xx - xx
You should be able to load the 2.0 for the next cable onto the computer.
Take the 2nd loaded HP Tuners folder for your other cable and copy that to your other named HP Tuners 2 - xx - xx - xx
Phil
Old 10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Bill,

I finally got it to work. After I installed one version, I renamed it and moved it. Then I went into the Control Panel and "removed" it. I went to the next file/update and it installed fine. I was told it will get a lot harder to have multiple cables on the same computer in the future from a VERY reliable source. I'm glad we could help each other out.....

Phil,

I tried that, as that's how I did it before and it wouldn't work....

Thanks guys for all your insight!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just like to say though that it will become more difficult due to features and increased license support..

We will not make it more difficult on purpose. It is not our intent to make it more difficult for our customers to use our product.

Remember, we're adding LS2,s LS7's, Ecotecs, Colorados .. and then Ford and Dodge support as well... so our licensing methods will become a lot more complex.