Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PE Vs. RPM table question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PE Vs. RPM table question

My values at a few points in my table seem low to me, yet I'm still showing rich readings at them. Should I keep taking small amounts out, or is something crazy? At 2k my value is .948 and at 100kpa at 2k I'm reading a mv of 951. at 4k I have the same thing happening, value of .975, at 100kpa at 4k a reading of 938 mv. The tune and log are below in the zip:

http://e-junky.net/drive%20to%20work.zip

Any input is appreciated. Am I way crazy? I tried getting my LTFT's right fist, and seemed to, but they always seem to end up off. Once I get them right, do I set my maf fail freq back to normal to do the WOt tuning?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Michael55123
My values at a few points in my table seem low to me, yet I'm still showing rich readings at them. Should I keep taking small amounts out, or is something crazy? At 2k my value is .948 and at 100kpa at 2k I'm reading a mv of 951. at 4k I have the same thing happening, value of .975, at 100kpa at 4k a reading of 938 mv. The tune and log are below in the zip:

http://e-junky.net/drive%20to%20work.zip

Any input is appreciated. Am I way crazy? I tried getting my LTFT's right fist, and seemed to, but they always seem to end up off. Once I get them right, do I set my maf fail freq back to normal to do the WOt tuning?
I'm sure others will chime in on this, but your narrowband O2's aren't the most accurate to tune this table with. Also, if you're going to reconnect your MAF then you need to recalibrate it or it will throw off your trims.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I know the narrowbands aren't very accurate. I'd love to get a wideband and the eio, but to be honest I'm tapped out for cash. I was hoping if I could keep them in the 890-920 range it would be close enough for this operation, until I could get a wideband. seems I have alot to learn.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You're using sub-1.000 values in the PE table? That
would command leaner than stoich. But it won't happen
because the Open Loop Fuel Air table is backstopping it
with higher values. That would account for the lack of
movement perhaps.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Something is not right. Perhaps your IFR. you should not have values under 1.0 in the PE table and those O2 mV values are way rich.

Setting the MAF fail freq to 0 allows you to tune the VE table. Once you get this done you need to tune/calibrate/scale the MAF calibration table with the MAF enabled. There are two different spreadsheets to do this. Or you can take a more simplified route like I did. I just ended up averaging my LTFT's with the MAF enabled, they were ~+10% so I added 11% across the board to my entire MAF calibration table and then made the end of the curve look like a 5th order polynomial fit line until I got to 512 gms/sec. Then LTFT's with the MAF enabled were ~-2 to -4%. Once your fuel trims are in line you should be able to tune the PE to high 800 to low 900 mV remembering that this is just a ballpark at best. My O2's are ~950mV throughout the whole dyno pull and my AFR is 12:1 from 2k to 4.5k and then it falls to ~11:0 or richer to redline. This change in AFR cannot be seen in the stock O2 voltage.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 02-01-2006 at 12:01 PM.