PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a p1514 today while in speed density?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a p1514 today while in speed density?

I have an 02 z06 with a fast90 and an ls2 throttle body, headers and an f13 camshaft. I have it in speed density so I can get my ve table straight. Well this morning I was driving it to work and I was winding out 3rd gear and the engine shut off and I got a reduced engine power in my dic. Well I started it back up and it ran fine. When I got to work I checked my dtc's and I got a p1514. I did a search for it and found this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=p1514
but this does not help me though because I have hptuners not efi live. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Ok nevermind I just now found it!!! I multiplied the calc. airflow by 15% for the time being!!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 AM
10 Second Club

I am still having idle problems and I just can't seem to shake them. I have tried my best with the etc scalar to get my dynamic airflow and my idle desired airflow to match and it does for the most part. My stit's and ltit's are well with in range and yet it still want to hunt idle when I am coming to a stop and when I press the clutch in. It dips and surges at least for 5-8 seconds after I press in the clutch until it finally finds the idle. Does anyone else have any suggestions for me. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Teching In

reference your first post, my 02z did the same thing. suspected it might be the same code. is that all you did was change the airflow % to keep the car out of limp mode?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vector1
reference your first post, my 02z did the same thing. suspected it might be the same code. is that all you did was change the airflow % to keep the car out of limp mode?
I just now added 15% percent to the cal. airflow table and I have not yet tested it. As far as keeping your car out of limp mode all I did to put mine into speed density mode was to set the MAF fail frequency to 0. Anyone else feel free to add anything that I missed!!

Last edited by hc_performance; 02-24-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may end up going a little higher depending on your mods - I had to take one Vette up 25% to stop the reduced power. Just try it and see if you are in the clear.

As for the idle, try adding a little air to the cracker table in the rpm/vehicle speed where you are experiencing the problem. You can also adjust the decay rates if need be, but I generally solve it with a little air. Whatever you do, only make small changes and only change one table at a time (i.e. don't add air and change the decay rate at the same time).

You may also want to check the timing in the area where it is surging at idle - around 24* usually works well.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by BLK02WS6; 02-24-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
You may end up going a little higher depending on your mods - I had to take one Vette up 25% to stop the reduced power. Just try it and see if you are in the clear.

As for the idle, try adding a little air to the cracker table in the rpm/vehicle speed where you are experiencing the problem. You can also adjust the decay rates if need be, but I generally solve it with a little air. Whatever you do, only make small changes and only change one table at a time (i.e. don't add air and change the decay rate at the same time).

You may also want to check the timing in the area where it is surging at idle - around 24* usually works well.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the help!!! Believe it or not I started messing around with my cracker airflow table last night before I even read this post this morning and I feel like I really made a lot of headway!!! You def. had the right idea on where to go in my tune though!! I have my idle timing right at 24* too.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hc_performance
Thanks for the help!!! Believe it or not I started messing around with my cracker airflow table last night before I even read this post this morning and I feel like I really made a lot of headway!!! You def. had the right idea on where to go in my tune though!! I have my idle timing right at 24* too.
Glad you got it straightened out! And figuring it out on your own feels good huh? After tuning so many cars, I've gotten a good idea of what solves what. Post up if you have any more issues. Take care.

Quick Reply: Got a p1514 today while in speed density?