Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2bar upgrade help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2bar upgrade help....

so I cant get a straight answer from hptuners, just a copy and paste of basically whats on the website, maybe some of you guys can help,

I wanted to do an upgrade on my old cable to the EIO one and 2bar support, what all will I need to be UP AND RUNNING!!!?, do I need to spend more money than the $160 for the cable or is there some kind of new cable crap that cost 2bills?, I dont need a usb adapter, and whats this about credits?, I get kinda irratated when I dont get a straight answer just like at a car dealership if ya know what I mean , is there another tuning program similar to hptuners that I can get a straight answer and decent price for running 2bar?
I also have a dynojet wideband and was wondering if the hptuners is compatable, and if I can still switch from sd to maf w/the new software if I wanted to, and....... **** any other advice you guys can give will be great
Old 03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

the old serial adapter is no longer available... upgrades are for the new cable (I believe it's 199)

The credits ONLY apply if you have the USB cable (they've said this from the beginning, if you keep the serial you use the old pricing, if you upgrade to the USB you use the credit system)

So all you would need is the 2 bar single vehicle upgrade (sales @ hptuners dot com can provide the price... basically you send them a copy of your PCM, and they upgrade it to 2/3 bar) , don't need the USB version to do this.

Now, if you want to upgrade to EIO also then you'll have to pay the upgrade fee to go to the new hardware (which will be USB) ...

So to go from the standard cable to EIO + 2 bar, you will need to upgrade to the USB cable (I believe 199, but not sure if it's more for non EIO upgrades), then you can get the 2/3 bar OS upgrade for $100 (2 credits) ... otherwise to use your current cable, you'll email sales at hptuners dot com and they will give you the price (it'll be the same as the rice was before the credit system was integrated)

Yes the HPT cable is compatible with the dynojet wideband (Keith @ HPT ran this one for a while before he switched to the LC1)
the 2 bar SD is designed for SD operation only, you can go back to MAF operationg but would have to remove the custom SD OS.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

so because I have the old cable and they dont use the old cable anymore I have to pay extra to get the new usb eio = $200 and because its the new usb I have to pay another $100 for 2bar, and I buy the map sensor from gm for $50, comes out to $350 before shipping, roughly $370 for everything and no more trick 100dollar charges anywhere I should be watching out for right?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Assassin
so because I have the old cable and they dont use the old cable anymore I have to pay extra to get the new usb eio = $200 and because its the new usb I have to pay another $100 for 2bar, and I buy the map sensor from gm for $50, comes out to $350 before shipping, roughly $370 for everything and no more trick 100dollar charges anywhere I should be watching out for right?
actually you'll be paying less NOW then before...

OLD
Std to eio interface upgrade $150
2 bar SD enhancement $199
Total=$349

New
Your STD to EIO/Pro upgrade $199
2 bar SD enhancement $99
Total=$298
Old 03-12-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

as long as this is EVERYTHING I will need then I still may do this, but do you know if it still takes a week to process?, I wanted to overnight my stuff tomorrow...
Old 03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

talk to sales @ they can probably let you know how early your unit will ship and how quick it can get to you.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can add 2bar licenses to the existing interfaces. You don't have to upgrade to the new interface to add licenses to your current interface.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

I also need to log wideband..
Old 03-13-2006, 03:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

then u will need to upgrade to the usb..transitions arent always easy..or cheap