Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vats Trouble Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vats Trouble Need Help.

Went to start my car after coming out of store and wouldnt start. Security light in dash is flashing. Someone told me key could be bad so got a new one, no go on that. Called the dealer and they said they would have to trace it down. I dont want to get raped for that ****, so I called MTI to see if they can delete VATS from PCM and they can. Question is does anyone know if this will work or has anyone had this problem before? Thanks, Jason.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

ive researched this same thing and this is the best i have found some people say it works and can be deleted but there are alot of people who say that after having it tuned off that they still had the problem later on. i know this dont help but its what ive read for the past week because im in the same position. the problem i think would be that if the car is in security mode the gm techs that are working on mine are having a hared time getting back into the computer. that being said mine is not the typical case so good luck and hope they can get it turned off for you
Old 03-22-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Second Club

I dont know how hard its in security mode cause I have power everywhere and even the fuel pump comes on.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Gotta be someone who knows more about this.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Had the same thing happen to me. My security light was on and my car wouldnt start just turned over. I measured the resister on the key with a ohm meter and went to radio shack and bought some resisters that equaled the same resistance. Then there are two white tiny wires under your steering column. They look like they are coming from the ignition switch. I cut those wires and wired in the resistors (that equaled the key resistor) leading toward the front of the car. I did this and have not had a problem since. It is very easy to do. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Staging Lane

i believe turning off vats will solve the prob., good luck
Old 03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmy01ss
Had the same thing happen to me. My security light was on and my car wouldnt start just turned over. I measured the resister on the key with a ohm meter and went to radio shack and bought some resisters that equaled the same resistance. Then there are two white tiny wires under your steering column. They look like they are coming from the ignition switch. I cut those wires and wired in the resistors (that equaled the key resistor) leading toward the front of the car. I did this and have not had a problem since. It is very easy to do. Hope this helps.
That sounds good but my car is not turning over at all and I have already bought a new key but still wont turn over. Tried resetting PCM and disconnecting the battery also. Im hoping the VATS delete on the PCM will help.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MY car just did this today
Old 03-30-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My z06 is doing this !! After I got it out of storage the pos wont recognise the key. It was starting and idling but as soon as you go to drive it the fuel is shut off. ( Security light on , pull key wait ten seconds on dic etc )

I used HP Tuners to disable the "vats" system and it worked great until I turn the car off , after that it wont run for more than 5 seconds before it gets shut off again and I have to rewrite the pcm each time I need to drive it or restart it. What a **** up of an electrical system these cars have !!

Anyways Im in the middle of this hell too . . . tuning out the vats did squat so Im going to give the resistor meathod a try . . . .
Old 03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Took my car to the dealer and it was the key cylinder. There is two very small wires that come off of it that are prone to breaking. The tilt column speeds this up.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

OK,nice to know!!