Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just going to give up on lc-1

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just going to give up on lc-1

what would be the next best wideband to get? Something that has been used on ls-1's and really works without having to be a electrical engineer? I have tried and tried and I cannot get this lc-1 to open up the lm-1 programmer so I can change the output for hp tuners so to heck with it!!!!!!!!!

Thxs. Robert
Old 03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by firebirdls1us
what would be the next best wideband to get? Something that has been used on ls-1's and really works without having to be a electrical engineer? I have tried and tried and I cannot get this lc-1 to open up the lm-1 programmer so I can change the output for hp tuners so to heck with it!!!!!!!!!

Thxs. Robert
I use the LM1 without any probs. I just plug the cable into the computer & controller, make sure it has a 9v battery, turn on controller, & dbl click on the "LMConfig308" and it fires right up. Never used the lc1.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

The problem could be with the serial connection to your laptop. Just make sure you have all of your connections correct before making any rash decisions. Make sure the switched 12v source powering your LC1 is turned on, you have the serial cable connected to the right wire and the terminator piece in the end of the other wire. It should work....
Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used the LM1 with no problems. On your LC1, have you connected it to the computer with HPT plugged into the car and then turned the key on to make sure it has power? After that, then open Log Programmer. Just an idea.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

I use the dynojet wideband commander, havent tried anything else though... check the dynojet website for more info..
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ............

wanna sell it?

Thxs. Robert
Old 03-29-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ESR
wanna sell it?

DAMN!!! beat me to it...
Old 03-29-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Resident

Thxs. Robert
I am in the same boat. LC-1 is reading high voltages(AFRs) using HPtuners, I can connect to LM Programmer (and reprogram which I did) but I CANT connect to Logworks to determine my ground offset voltage. Its really starting to **** me off.

Oh yeah, and Klaus has stopped trying to help me over on the innovate forum.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found you need to connect the Logviewer program to monitor the lc1 first. You can then connect straight afterwards to the configuration program. I spent a day or two tearing my hear out first, main problem is the configuration program wont let you chose the serial port, but the monitor one does.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

There is no reason to use Logworks. Regardless of if you use HPT or EFILive. Make a map/histogram in either program that shows the average of your 0-5v input from the wideband. Basically you are using the program as a multimeter. After you do this you can see in HPT exactly what the voltage it is reading and compare that to your actual voltage that you have set it to. If you have set the flatline voltage to .5 volts and you see .480 in EFILive/HPT, then you need to use .480 as your starting voltage instead of .5 The same will apply to any other voltage that you set in LogProgrammer. If you set a flatline voltage to 4.5 and see 4.492, then you will use 4.492. So you then will make a calculated formula that can be used as a custom PID. You may do this in excel to fine the slope and correct formula.

Example:
Programed outputs is
.5=10
4.5=20

You see

Use these values as your formula
.490=10
4.489=20

I guarantee you that you will have a perfect formula if you do it as I have stated. I have done this on countless cars/widebands and it always comes up perfect.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
There is no reason to use Logworks. Regardless of if you use HPT or EFILive. Make a map/histogram in either program that shows the average of your 0-5v input from the wideband. Basically you are using the program as a multimeter. After you do this you can see in HPT exactly what the voltage it is reading and compare that to your actual voltage that you have set it to. If you have set the flatline voltage to .5 volts and you see .480 in EFILive/HPT, then you need to use .480 as your starting voltage instead of .5 The same will apply to any other voltage that you set in LogProgrammer. If you set a flatline voltage to 4.5 and see 4.492, then you will use 4.492. So you then will make a calculated formula that can be used as a custom PID. You may do this in excel to fine the slope and correct formula.

Example:
Programed outputs is
.5=10
4.5=20

You see

Use these values as your formula
.490=10
4.489=20

I guarantee you that you will have a perfect formula if you do it as I have stated. I have done this on countless cars/widebands and it always comes up perfect.

What did you mean by "If you have set the flatline voltage to .5 volts and you see .480 in EFILive/HPT, then you need to use .480 as your starting voltage instead of .5"?

How do I set a flatline voltage of 0.5 volts?

THanks

Last edited by 99whitews6; 03-29-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Open log programmer and set the voltages to reflect .5 for both 10 and 20 volts. This will make the LC1/LM1 output a constant .5 volts, but you won't see .5 in the software due to the gound offsets.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Open log programmer and set the voltages to reflect .5 for both 10 and 20 volts. This will make the LC1/LM1 output a constant .5 volts, but you won't see .5 in the software due to the gound offsets.
Ok, thats what I was hoping you meant. So I will set 0.5 volts for both 10 and 20 and find difference. Then I will set 5 volts for both 10 and 20 and find the difference. Then I will make a custom PID. Sounds good.

Only thing that scares me is how far off they will be! LOL
Old 03-29-2006, 07:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thxs. Robert

you may need to get logworks 2 from the inovate website..it used ti ship with logworks 1..which was very very flaky
I couldnt connect at all until I did this...
also make sure the terminator plug is in the "in" cable
Old 03-29-2006, 07:58 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

also..to determin your ground offset..you dont need to reprogram the lc1..
you can just do it with the sensor in free air...
measure the analog output 2 voltage with a multimeter..and then check against datalogger inputs(usually you can select RAW Voltage)..then its simple math on th edata logger side..

this will help you understand it some I hope
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5267
Old 03-29-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by soundengineer
measure the analog output 2 voltage with a multimeter..and then check against datalogger inputs(usually you can select RAW Voltage)..then its simple math on th edata logger side..

That sounds good and all but if I can use LMprogrammer to set voltages and it works then I am happy.

Nice write-up(link) but what scares me about reading all these voltage offset threads is that mine voltage offset is going to be like 1.X + volts. When I do logging with HPtuners on some part throttle driving I get my VE to be pretty much right around the -2 to 4 range but the AFR from the LC-1 is ALL around 18.9-20.0 !
Old 03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ....

funny how we all think alike.

Originally Posted by SideStep
DAMN!!! beat me to it...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also had to play with teh serial port speed. Whatever stock was, the program couldnt communicate with it. After choosing another speed, everything worked perfectly. Sadly I forgot what speed it was.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll pay $1 more then what everyone else here would pay for it... assuming its a killer deal since its "broken"
Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by soundengineer

Just use the program as your multimeter. Its this simple guys. No need to use logworks. You will find like quoted below, that the offset isn't always consistent. I normally take up to 3 points, .5 2.5 and 4.5 and see what it is. You guys are making this way harder then it is.
Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Good luck with that one...the voltage offset on mine isn't the same throughout the 0-5V range. It is fairly linear, but not exactly. I just made a new linear graph using some data points and Excel.