Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nooooooooooo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nooooooooooo!

Last nite i was cruising around with my buddies.. and i came across this ford lightning... i raced him twice... and lost but n e wayz.. heres the problem... my SES!!! light came on i dont have any major mods.... and i dont know what happend... it still runs fine... and idles fine and everything.. so i dont know what happening.... what do you guys think? any ideas???
Old 04-09-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Go to an Autozone type place and have them scan the code to see what the problem is. There's hundreds of reasons that light could come on...guessing is pointless.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

umm, get the codes scanned so you know what the hell is going on. We cant really help ya unless you pull the codes. They do it for free at autozone.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

ol rite... will do... ima go do that in a few.. ill come back and let you guess know what codes come up...
Old 04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
umm, get the codes scanned so you know what the hell is going on. We cant really help ya unless you pull the codes. They do it for free at autozone.
comon guys we could've had some fun with him and said it was probably a intake manifold failure or something and to make sure the floorboards were still in place
Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by foff667
comon guys we could've had some fun with him and said it was probably a intake manifold failure or something and to make sure the floorboards were still in place
Damn should have done. "Check the floor boards for looseness because in FNF they came loose and fucked everything up"
Old 04-09-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry.. im not THAT stupid...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

So what code did they pull?

Last edited by GuitsBoy; 04-10-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I...feel....an O2 sensor code...yessssssssss...that's what I'm seeing in the crystal ball.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

well on my way to autozone the SES light turned off... i still went, but the idiot at auto zone said they done check the codes for free... he said i had to rent the tool to do it.... and he made sum kind of stupid face cuz i thought it was free...i wanted to sock that foo! but anywayz... as of rite now. the light is off. im thinking maybe one of the o2 is loose or something... ima check that out when it stops raining...
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
well on my way to autozone the SES light turned off... i still went, but the idiot at auto zone said they done check the codes for free... he said i had to rent the tool to do it.... and he made sum kind of stupid face cuz i thought it was free...i wanted to sock that foo! but anywayz... as of rite now. the light is off. im thinking maybe one of the o2 is loose or something... ima check that out when it stops raining...
My autozone says free scans right on the front window. Anyway, it could be an o2 code or it could be something like a gas cap not being on correctly.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Autozone obdII testing has always been free. However seeing that your from CA I wouldn't put it past them to have some stupid law against reading and clearing your own codes.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

they'll just hold your license while you take it outside and use it.. if you wanna take it home, it'll cost you a deposit.. which you get right back when you turn it in.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can still read historical codes even if the ses is gone.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can still read historical codes even if the ses is gone.
i know... thats why i still took it... but the stupid worker there didnt want to let me use it... hes like well u can rent it.. but its not free..it has never been free... and he had that stupid grin on his face ... like he we the smart one.... when i make like 10 more dollars an hr. than he doez... dam that guy pissed me off... o well... the SES is going to come back on soon anywayz... cuz im gutting the cats, A.I.R, THE EGR, AND getting some hooker LT's with a custom 3in. ORY...
Old 04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

No codes? hmmmm

I see you are a Gemini
"Those mischievous stars might throw a few monkey wrenches into the works. Just remember to stay calm -- panic only breeds more panic. If you're able to stay grounded, you'll work this out in no time.
Geminis are associated with the Third House, which rules short trips. Are you planning one
?"

Well there you see. Don't panic about the SES light. It's probably a bad ground fixable by a monkey-wrench. Don't take any long trips until you get this fixed!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white2001s10
No codes? hmmmm

I see you are a Gemini
"Those mischievous stars might throw a few monkey wrenches into the works. Just remember to stay calm -- panic only breeds more panic. If you're able to stay grounded, you'll work this out in no time.
Geminis are associated with the Third House, which rules short trips. Are you planning one
?"

Well there you see. Don't panic about the SES light. It's probably a bad ground fixable by a monkey-wrench. Don't take any long trips until you get this fixed!

wow thats crazy... i live in san jose... and i was planning to drive down to L.A... this WEEKEND! so scence the light is off.. does that mean the problem is fixed?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

wow thats crazy... i live in san jose... and i was planning to drive down to L.A... this WEEKEND! so scence the light is off.. does that mean the problem is fixed?
No... clearly it's your torque converter throwout bearing. Check it before you go.

BTW if it ain't makin funny noises.. there's nothing wrong. Think of the SES light as an indicator of whether or not you are trying hard enough... if it ain't on.. you ain't tryin
Old 04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have a magic 8-ball here at my desk, but a look into the planets may help.

"the red planet Mars tries to play the role of one-man wrecking crew by squaring the Moon (8:00AM PDT) and beginning a void lunar cycle lasting until 10:48AM PDT when the Moon enters Libra. After 10:48AM PDT, relationship issues and themes are back in the spotlight for the next two days, leading up to an enlightening Full Moon on Thursday April 13. This is a good point in the Cosmic Calendar to remember that the two days before a Full Moon are days of preparation -- to become emotionally and mentally ready for a spiritual dispensation at the exact time of the Full Moon. The two days following a Full Moon are days of distribution of the exalted energies received at the moment of the Full Moon. "

If you can go on Thursday, then you may go on your trip.
Go ahead and start that romatic relationship you've been thinking about,
and consider investing into some electronic test equipment for your primary means of transportation.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
No... clearly it's your torque converter throwout bearing. Check it before you go.

sorry no disrespect.. but i smell bullshit