PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can LC1 be wired as both NB o2s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Can LC1 be wired as both NB o2s?

Ive had to replace nearly 20 oxygen sensors in the 50K miles since ive had long tubes. Im getting sick and tired of the sensors throwing codes after a month or two, then slowing down till they barely switch, or switch inaccurately. Im currently running open loop and I have my LC1 tapped into my X pipe. Can I split the analog output # 1 to feed both front narrow band o2 sensors at the same time? Id really prefer to run closed loop, but I just cant take spending all this money on o2 sensors!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you just run two LC-1s? With the money you've already spent, you could of probably bought a few.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by muncie21
Why don't you just run two LC-1s? With the money you've already spent, you could of probably bought a few.
Yeah, tell me about it. Although, autozone is surprisingly liveral with their return policy. Saved me quite a few bucks.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

ttt...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

I'd image you might lose some resolution with splitting up the signal, or at least thats what I was told when I was looking at doing the same thing except instead of simulating another NB sensor, I was going to splice it off to a AFR gauge.

If it were me, I'd just get another LC-1.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because of how the PCM does its trimming and fueling, you cant do that unless you have two sensors, one in each bank.

reason is, the computer independently makes each bank go rich and lean to have it switch... having them the same as one side would confuse it.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

why dont you run open loop?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah forget closed loop. Just run open all the time. Once you have it dialed in, you can probably forget it.
If you want more economy, just lean up at low load points.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Im in open loop right now. I like the idea of running closed loop just incase since its a daily driver. The wideband is in the X pipe, so its reading the average of both banks already. The computer would likely just add or subtract from both banks equally. As far as resolution, id be going off the first analog output, while the second output goes to HPTuners, so resolution should remain unchanged.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im sorry but was somebody serious about an electrical signal losing resolution. You have to be kidding me. ITS NOT MECHANICAL. You can just run one or both outputs of the LC1 to the different banks, short the heaters with a good resistor put a heatsink on it and call it a day. Just for the record the only thing that will change if you wire this right is the load on the LC1's driver. And you can get around that if it turns out to be a problem(although you wont know until the LC1 dies). Therefore call Innovative ask them if its alright to put the load of two o2's on one output.