Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning

EFILive has semi-released their new OS5. With this OS you are able to adjust N20 fueling and Timing all in the PCM. As soon as you hit your activation switch, the PCM will pull the amount of timing you have specified and adjusted the fueling to your taste. This will allow a true one tune for all your n20 needs. Here is a screen shot of the parameters available.

Just two to start with.
One for the Aussies to replace 12225074.
One for the 2002 F&Y bodies to replace 12212156
If you are already running a custom O.S based on one of those O.S's then all existing tunes are compatible.

Same process as the others, Full flash the O.S #5 tune in, then flash the cals only from the existing tune you are running, then read it out and save as your new O.S #5 file and adjust the new tables / parameters.

Setup suggestions.
A0003 - Set to disable for now until the tutorial is done (or you are feeling brave).
N20 monitor is done via the same input as the Valet mode, once it is grounded then the two compensation tables become active, although, there is two parameters to stop those two tables even if the N20 is on.

Good luck, let us all know how you go.

Download here -
http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/softwar...5_OS_Final.zip
Attached Thumbnails EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n201.png   EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n202.png   EFILive Custom Nitrous Tuning-n203.png  

Last edited by Black02SS; 07-02-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet. I'll be giving it a go when I get the laptop back from the shop.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Launching!

I have the personal version but if my memory serves me correct you have to have the commercial version to do the valet mode and custom os. I guess its time for an upgrade. Am I on the right path here? Is this the final version of that os or will there be more revisions. This is a huge advantage over any ther tuning software out there. For nitrous guys not to worry about having 2 tunes is a god sent. EFIlive rocks
Old 07-02-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

.. You can get someone with a workshop or commercial version to flash it in for you and you can then tune with your personal version fine.

Also you guys forgot to explain the full RPM vs TPS fuel map for alpha-n type applications. Large misbehaving cams etc. So you have a choice of Maf tune, Speed denisty tune and Alpha-n tune all in one OS. One OS to rule them all!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TPY2KWS6
I have the personal version but if my memory serves me correct you have to have the commercial version to do the valet mode and custom os. I guess its time for an upgrade. Am I on the right path here? Is this the final version of that os or will there be more revisions. This is a huge advantage over any ther tuning software out there. For nitrous guys not to worry about having 2 tunes is a god sent. EFIlive rocks
As far as this being the final version, I can't say. They are working on other more important items at the moment and this is to just help some of you out that would like to get a head start. If you are wanting to upgrade to the comerical version, I can help you out if you need. After things settle down, I am going to try and see if they will impliment a window switch and TPS switch as well.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ringram
.. You can get someone with a workshop or commercial version to flash it in for you and you can then tune with your personal version fine.

Also you guys forgot to explain the full RPM vs TPS fuel map for alpha-n type applications. Large misbehaving cams etc. So you have a choice of Maf tune, Speed denisty tune and Alpha-n tune all in one OS. One OS to rule them all!
I didn't really want to explain this yet until I have the tutorial done. It has been a long week and I am WAY behind on it.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
EFILive has semi-released their new OS5. With this OS you are able to adjust N20 fueling and Timing all in the PCM. As soon as you hit your activation switch, the PCM will pull the amount of timing you have specified and adjusted the fueling to your taste. This will allow a true one tune for all your n20 needs. Here is a screen shot of the parameters available.

Just two to start with.
One for the Aussies to replace 12225074.
One for the 2002 F&Y bodies to replace 12212156
If you are already running a custom O.S based on one of those O.S's then all existing tunes are compatible.

Same process as the others, Full flash the O.S #5 tune in, then flash the cals only from the existing tune you are running, then read it out and save as your new O.S #5 file and adjust the new tables / parameters.

Setup suggestions.
A0003 - Set to disable for now until the tutorial is done (or you are feeling brave).
N20 monitor is done via the same input as the Valet mode, once it is grounded then the two compensation tables become active, although, there is two parameters to stop those two tables even if the N20 is on.

Good luck, let us all know how you go.

Download here -
http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/softwar...5_OS_Final.zip

AWESOME!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I installed the OS yesterday morning, and other than some funky issues with the Commanded AFR table that we got sorted out this morning... the OS is working great.

I upgraded from my 2001 operating system, for those interested in upgrading from a operating system other than 12212156, there is a good stock tune calibration file on holdencrazy.com

My initial impressions:
- Driveability off idle was increased tremendously, and i've yet to do any tweaking since uploading this new OS, just pasted in all my old tables and went down the road. Got the commanded AFR issue fixed, so fixing to go out and do some logging in a few mins.
- I've yet to play with the N2O tables (mostly since I don't have the kit back on yet), but I'm stoked at now having the ability to drop the timing without having to purchase and wire in yet ANOTHER box (timing tuner) to do it externally.

I'm anxiously waiting for the tutorial Chad, so I can check out the TPS VE stuff. I think it might help the driveability some more with my largeish cam.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black02SS
As far as this being the final version, I can't say. They are working on other more important items at the moment and this is to just help some of you out that would like to get a head start. If you are wanting to upgrade to the comerical version, I can help you out if you need. After things settle down, I am going to try and see if they will impliment a window switch and TPS switch as well.
Great. Can you PM me what would be necessary for me to upgrade to the commercial version. Also I tried to download the link in the original post but I got a message that the link was down. Is there a mirror link or any other place to get it. Thanks again for posting this info I've been waiting for the ability to not have to reflash to go na or nitrous. I'm psyched.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

PM sent. I also fixed the link.