Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poping AT WOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Poping AT WOT

Just installed pacesetter LT , New plug wires. Im using the stock o2's. I hear poping out of my exaust when im at half to Wot. And im reading leaned out at WOT also Normal? Im Going to change My O2's to the bosch 13111 and check all my plug wires again. It also doesnt feel like my car is pulling hard until i run my car for awhile. Any Suggestions. Thanks for you help.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

any words greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Teching In

I'm having what sounds like basically the same problem...everyone keeps telling me it's either a cracked plug or a burned wire. I tested the resistance of all the wires the other day and they are all at 3500 or so Ohms. I don't think they are the problem. Now, I'm going to change all the plugs, but since I've been trying to figure this out for almost a month and it's been to 3 different mechanics, I'm not holding my breath that it will fix it. How do you know it's leaning out at WOT? My car is throwing no codes, and the mechanics apparently haven't been able to glean anything useful from their scanners.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Well since i removed my egr and AIR i havent got my codes removed and i havent check my codes but i do i have a air/furl ratio gauge hooked up anf when my car is warm it idols a little rich and sweeps from lean to stioch. At WOT it leans to where it wont even light up.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

How is you car running XR?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Well, not so good. It's runs fine to drive around, but you can't really get on it hard in 1st because it will start popping/backfiring if you apply the throttle abruptly. If you roll into it will run up to 5,500 just fine, but if you go from 10% throttle to between 50 to 100% throttle, you will get a few backfires and a little stumbling. It's just not right, and things that aren't right drive me insane. If it's not the plugs, I guess my next thing will be to assume that it's the tune that's causing it. Too lean?? I will probably buy HPTuners, despite the fact that I don't have the slightest clue how to use it. There are no tuners in my state, so I will have to learn myself.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

i wouldnt say my car is back fireing although it did my firsst run after i instaled my LT's. Also after i rev my engine or comeing down form a high rpm my engine will idol low i would think if thier was a spark plug cracked then thier might be a ticking from the engine bay. i dont know but im am also going to invest in a tuner so i can atleast run diagnostics.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like misfire for sure.
Check plugs, wires etc.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

XR, I'm having the same issue. If I cruise at a set speed, the car runs great. But if I roll into it, popping and missing begins. I've replaced O2s, plugs, and coil packs with no change. The car will run fine at WOT except it may pop when I first hit the throttle. Can this be a bad throttle position sensor? I'm running out of ideas, so if you figure it out let me know.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Today I put on all new NGK TR55 Plugs, as well as tested all the wires, and I still haven't found the problem. My plugs seem to be extremely light brown, almost white. Perhaps the tune is off and it's just running too lean?? I'm going to live with it at the moment, and hope like hell it isn't damaging the motor somehow.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Your description of the plugs sounds like lean. Get a wideband and check it. A small price to pay compared to $4K for a new engine, or a re-build.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Launching!

im having the same problem and i cant figure it out its driving me insane...its not in the tune because it was fine b4 and all of a sudden it started..under normal driving conditions its fine but when u get on it 50% or more its all over the charts popping and hesitating..and then im getting two lean codes one for each bank now..it was throwing knock codes but my tuner shut them off in the meantime while we try n figure this out...i checked all the grounds everythings good. i changed the injectors with a buddy of mine who has the same injectors without my problem and that didnt do anything. changed the coil packs with a buddy of mines (but he said he ad a similar problem when he took them off "so im not sure if that helped any") i changed the plugs and wires. changed the o2 sensors and the o2 extensions..and im about ready to choke someone..and the worst part is sometimes it does it and sumtimes it doesnt..so thats what pisses me off more...i think i just have to take one for the team and bring it to the dealer and let them hook up tech 2 and see if they can figure it out..i just want to kno what the hell it is already cause its no fun....

Did any of u guys figure it out yet?