Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my 02's

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about my 02's

I finaly got my car with a turbo put on it, put together. I figured that becuase I have not really changed anything but putting the turbo on and possibly moving the 02 sensors that the car should start up and run semi normal while under normal driving conditons aka no boost. boy was I wrong. just cruzing my injectors are shooting at 11% duty cycle the car wont cruze it will keep slowing down and bog untill you hit the throtle hard to get it back to speed.

so, I unpluged my two remaining 02's (yes the rears were deleated a long time ago) and the car runs much better!! at cruze duty cycle is like 2-5% I can drive it semi normal just when you get on the throtle hard it bogs down and dumps mad fuel in.

so I guess I am asking you guys. where do I start? what could cause this?

ok a little more info on the car it was tuned before by a place called hightech motorsports after I put my cam in, changed gears, and put a stall in. nothing has been changed since except the turbo and I went from ford 30# injectors to 60# injectors. Chad from this forum helped me scale my new injectors correctly. the 02's are only about 4 inches from my turbo (I will move them, but do you think thats the problem?) and atleast 2 feet from the end of the exhaust. (the exhaust is not finished yet)
Old 07-30-2006, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

bump!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Banned

To me it just sounds like it needs more tuning. I'm no expert at tuning, but I would think there would be more involved than just simply rescaling the injectors after installing a major modification such as a turbo. I would start by contacting your tuner and see what he can do for you..
Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

But won;t you think that if i am just cruzing obiviously not in boost that it would be sorta close? i mean this is way off i can practicly see my fuel gauge dropping it is shooting soo much fuel...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

anyone else?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by markp03
I finaly got my car with a turbo put on it, put together. I figured that becuase I have not really changed anything but putting the turbo on and possibly moving the 02 sensors that the car should start up and run semi normal while under normal driving conditons aka no boost. boy was I wrong. just cruzing my injectors are shooting at 11% duty cycle the car wont cruze it will keep slowing down and bog untill you hit the throtle hard to get it back to speed.

so, I unpluged my two remaining 02's (yes the rears were deleated a long time ago) and the car runs much better!! at cruze duty cycle is like 2-5% I can drive it semi normal just when you get on the throtle hard it bogs down and dumps mad fuel in.

so I guess I am asking you guys. where do I start? what could cause this?

ok a little more info on the car it was tuned before by a place called hightech motorsports after I put my cam in, changed gears, and put a stall in. nothing has been changed since except the turbo and I went from ford 30# injectors to 60# injectors. Chad from this forum helped me scale my new injectors correctly. the 02's are only about 4 inches from my turbo (I will move them, but do you think thats the problem?) and atleast 2 feet from the end of the exhaust. (the exhaust is not finished yet)
Are you trying to run with a MAF? You will have major problems trying to do so with an 'incomplete' exhaust. Stock O2's can be somewhat tempermental. This is why it probably runs better with them unplugged. You are probably remaining in Open Loop and using the VE table calculations for fueling. However, I would not 'get on the throttle hard' until you spend some time tuning it. What software are you using?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree. It probably needs much more tuning work.
Too much fuel can cool and foul your O2's.

You may be better off going to an OLSD tune, depending on what kind of tune you like.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

i was told that i would be easyer with a maf since i will only be running 9#'s this year... if i go SD will i not even use the o2's?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by markp03
i was told that i would be easyer with a maf since i will only be running 9#'s this year... if i go SD will i not even use the o2's?
open-loop speed density, or OLSD doesn't use O2's.