Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for a conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning for a conversion

I'm planning a LSx conversion into my LX Mustang soon, but need a few questions answered about tuning needed to make it work.

1. If I choose to go with a 5.3 or 6.0 truck motor that originally came with an automatic can the 5.3 or 6.0 PCM be reflashed to work with a F-body T-56?

2. Or, alternatively, if I decide to use the T-5 out of the Mustang and not use a GM transmission, what items would I need to remove from the PCM? I'm thinking the VSS is the only item that gives input to the PCM, but maybe there is something else.

3. How easy or dificult is all of this to do? Would all these necessary changes be doable by somebody with reasonable knowledge of the LSx PCM, or is this type of stuff in the hidden abyss of PCM tuning?
Old 09-17-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. yes
2. manual trans is really not communicating with the PCM, so all manuals should be equally ignored, from PCM's perspective
3. the process is just a full write of the same year, but manual trans tune onto the PCM, and then tune as usual. very easy.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, GM did an awesome job of allowing for such a diverse adaptability of the computer within the varying number of combinations out there, and make it so easy to swith between all of them. This is great news. Thanks RedHardSupra.