Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live and RR question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI live and RR question

with the EFI live -Scan only tool- and the RR can you still do the auto tune features?

and when you purchase the RR would the seller be able to flash the RR with a COS before he ships it out?

and how come the scan only version didnt have a price reduction?

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

As an owner of a RR I don't follow your question? IMHO, if you are in the market for a RR then to take full advantage of it's capabilities then you have to strongly (if not absolutely have to...) consider at the very least the full personal scan and tune version but, in reality why not just get the commercial verison? Maybe I am not understanding the question. Correct me if I am wrong and I apologize beforhand but, it seems as though the way the question was worded to me that you are trying to have full tune on the fly capability at the cheapest price possible? The downside is there is no simple way to do this. First you need to have EFI Live personal scan and tune, a wideband O2 sensor/controller and then the RR. The upside is what with the new Flashscan V2 coming out the prices have dropped dramatically. The RR is an awesome tool but it's total cost of ownership is not going to be for everyone-that is not to say that it is not competitively priced, it just is going to be a little overkill for someone who just wants to do their own car and that is it. In order to justify the cost, you might consider what it is going to take to get thru the learning curve and if you have a good enough sized target audience in your area. It might still be worth finding a good local tuner and bypass all that too. Bottom line, whatever makes you happy-you don't have to spend gobs of cash to do it either way.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 AM
7 Second Club

so with the EFI live scan tool you cannot get full use of the RR with a wideband O2?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Ty_ty - Send an email to sales@efilive.com and ask them the same question.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know of one Oz user who runs the scan only tool and RR no problem (carneb).
You do not need the full version efi tool if you are going to run with the RR installed all the time. RR & license will deal with all your tune AND autotune requirements.
Basically you are using both items as separate products, but with the same software. You use 2 separate USB cables and 2 separate licenses.
It is the best and cheapest way to get a fully functional Road Runner working.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Yes, I believe ringram is correct. I still stand by the idea that it seems a little bit of a strech to acquire all the hardware for just one vehicle and not get the full software to support it.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
with the EFI live -Scan only tool- and the RR can you still do the auto tune features?

and when you purchase the RR would the seller be able to flash the RR with a COS before he ships it out?

and how come the scan only version didnt have a price reduction?

Thanks,

Tyler
Yes in short. When you purchase the RR and EFILive Scan only, you will replace your PCM with the RR unit. You will receive a license to flash the RR with any OS that is supported by EFILive. If you would like to flash you stock PCM after you use the RR, then you would need to upgrade to the Commerical version of EFILive. Same goes if you wanted to tune another car or a buddies, you would need to upgrade. If you wanted to have a custom OS put in the RR before it is shipped, I think I can arrange that.

I can get you into the combo of FS-Scan and the RoadRunner for only $1060 Shipped. But remember, you will also need a wideband as well for this to work optimally. That would only run you $1246 shiped.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 AM
7 Second Club

sounds like a reasonable offer...

right now i might just get the scan only and then after i get confident to tune other cars buy the commercial version/upgrade.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Tyler, now that GreenLight-Chad et all can offer a sweet deal like that, that's pretty good for what kind of hardware/software package we are talking about.