Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey HPT guys Can I make a config for RTT

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey HPT guys Can I make a config for RTT

I would like to make a config of things that could be tuned in RTT. I am tring to get the adaptive idle to do what I want. There are gains there I would like to tune in real time. Not much data but it would be faster to change on the fly. Will there be some type of tool that will let me pick what could be tuned.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes there is a tool, called a road runner
Old 09-25-2006, 02:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently they are preset, but I would definitly love to see this happen.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alvin

Maybe you can give me the 2000.00$ that I dont have for a feature I need once in a while.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey, You are the one that asked. And they are not $2000
Old 09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alvin
Hey, You are the one that asked. And they are not $2000
He asked a question directly related to HPTuners and possible configurations. The Roadrunner was not mentioned even remotely in the topics question.

As for the inital cost to get the roadrunner is:
Roadrunner = $599
EFI-Live/Roadrunner license = $199
EFI-Live Commercial = $549
Total Cost = $1347

In my opinion it is not worth it, especially when I can get a true stand alone for the same cost and do way more.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually the it would be the $599 plus $199 for him to have a road runner and seperate scanning cable which is all he would need to get going with a fully functional seperate stand alone PCM.

There is quite a double standard when it comes to this board. Facts are turned around left and right. If it wasn't for the post I just read by one of the HPtuner guys that said

Its not designed to allow you to tune every table, like your speed limiters, or RPM limiters, or fan turn on speeds.. Most tuners know what they want these parameters to be and do not require real time tuning to adjust them on the dyno.
I probably wouldn't have made my initial post, as it directly relates to the subject at hand.

I don't own stock in either company and have more than $7,000 invested in each. Why would I have a vendetta against one? I am just a customer so if you want a completely unadulterated opinion you know where to look.

Consequently, If you are a software manufacturer and want some tips on how to improve your product ask me as there is not much I either don't own or don't have experience with. I think all the time that if one of these guys would talk to someone who actually owned both they could get some awesome feedback like a feature that happens to be available in one software but not the other.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me go on to say that I didn't mean to be hostile in my first post of this thread. I apologize, I enjoy HPtuners products just as much as I do EFIlives however I feel that one is misrepresented often on this board and its kinda frustrating as I know the qualities and attributes of one would greatly help most on this board make significantly breakthrough's in what they know on tuning.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think we all agree roadrunner is a great tool, but in this case he was asking about the functionality of RTT.

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-25-2006, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey YellowToy/A we can put my roadrunner in your car and get the idle dialed in perfectly. I can't let you use in too much because I don't want you to get attached to it.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alvin

As u can see I have help with Roadrunner but not the 1387.00 to but the set up. I would much rather have a set of heads. There are some idle parameters that I would like to play with in real time where the HPT solution would be great for me. IE NO COST. But are not supported. Ir would be a good tool to be able to make a config and download it. Read my post in the other thread. I am not a big fan of to much real time stuff.