Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KR, KR, and more KR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default KR, KR, and more KR!!!

Seem to be havin a problem. I recently put Pacesetter LT's w/ ORY and Dual/Dual on my car. Now when i do WOT runs anything above 4K gets 2.5-3.89% KR. I don't get it.
No matter how much Fuel i add or Timing i pull, it stays constant, as do the O2 readings. Both between 930-965mV. I've also tried messing with the injector slopes to no avail I have returned to the stock tune and the bastard runs the same way!!
LTFT's changed too, used to read around 0% now have moved to between the 3-7% range. Does go to 0% @ WOT though.
I am using the Daiblo tuner to change things and it does not seem to be doing crap.

List for mods are:
!EGR
MAF ends
Lid
Flow Pac
LT's ORY
!rear 02's
Diablo tuner

that's all that would have any affect on this right. I have chnged the air filter, fuel filter, changing the flugs in the morning. I'm stumped guys. HELP please. BTW it was not doing this before the LT's and ORY. Think it's a faulty Knock sensor?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe it's the long tube headers/ory... those usually require a custom tune... get in touch with Mike (sprayjunkie) from Diablo, he should be able to get you a custom tune whipped up...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

one way to check is if you are low on fuel dump in a few gallons of high octane race fuel, if the knock is still there then it is false knock, Maybe the exhaust is vibrating against the K memeber.........
Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

I think the kr is because of the ory pipe banging and the FTs are because of an exhaust leak somewhere around the collectors.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, my guess is false knock, but anything is possible.
Have you advanced the timing beyond the Predator tune?
I assume no, as I see it is knocking in the stock tune as well.
Email me a copy of your stock tune to mlitsch@diablosport.com and I'll have a tune made to optimize your longtubes, and see if that helps.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks sprayjunkie how would i get a copy of my tune on the computer? I CAN NOT find a data cable that fits. (9pin to usb or other). Is there one you could recommend? Or that you guys sell?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812107108

Is this what you are looking for?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Yes PERFECT Thanks alot bro. I'll order that bitch up.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Im a little new to this too, but since you said that the KR happens above 4000 RPM and that the LTFT level out to 0% it sounds like your PE is off. What is it set to right now and is it consistent across the RPMs? Do you know what your AFR is? Also what spark table are you modifying for timing (high, low or both)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

K, Update the solution was in the Exhaust. Had to cut a half inch off the rear section and clerance the drivers side floor and the KR dropped off to under 2 degrees. W/ a lil tuning dropped off to a flat 0 across the board.
Thanks fellas.
- Sprayjunkie, I will still take you up on that offer as soon as i can get ahold of that serial cable. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Thanks sprayjunkie how would i get a copy of my tune on the computer? I CAN NOT find a data cable that fits. (9pin to usb or other). Is there one you could recommend? Or that you guys sell?
Email me and I'll send you some instructions on Monday to help you with saving the backup file.

You should be able to get a serial to USB at most Radio Shacks.

Thanks for the link Blades....saw you headin up 27 last week, you gonna be out there tonight?