Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuners shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hptuners shipping

I ordered on the 5th. It still isn't here. I have heard nothing but good about hptuners but isn't it 2007? The pony express does not deliver mail anymore. I ordered a radiator for my truck friday and got it yesterday (tuesday). I ordered something from a Chinese retailer of ebay IN CHINA and got it in 8 days. And it weighed a ton more than the hptuners stuff.

Anybody have a reason why it takes 2 weeks+ to receive a $500 product that I purchased?

Its just software what is the holdup?

Sorry I'm kind of ancy cause my car has an intermittent start problem so I cannot drive it for fear of it not starting. I have tried the resistor. It worked, some of the time just like the key. I have tried grounding the wire on the starter relay in any combination with the same stupid SECURITY LIGHT staring me in the face. I need the software to disable this fargin VATS BS and if that doesn't work I can go from there.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All orders placed directly through us are built to order and usually ship within 7 business days of your order being placed. It is not just software you'll be receiving.

With that said I'll send an email to our sales dept to see if they have any further info on your order.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

What do you mean built to order? Its a disc and an adapter right?

I just checked my email (again) and it seems my spam filter caught the ups stuff. According to the site it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow the 18th. Still a really long time though.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

good things take time, i'm worrying about my intercooler from a company right now. but patience some of the time pays off, it will be worth the wait....even though you could have started tuning earlier but do you know everything about all the tuning and such yet? took me nearly a year to sort through the bs and try for myself to see what worked
Old 10-17-2007, 09:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option for many that need it NOW is to purchase through a reseller, many of which can stock them on their shelves and can have it in your hands next day

Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

No I haven't done much tuning besides a watching friends..... In all honesty I'm pretty quick technically (not trying to toot my horn there) so I approach everything as an obtainable goal. The big thing for needing it YESTERDAY is the VATS system acting up. I plan on disabling that first thing. I don't think I will actually start to mess with anything besides maybe some tranny downshift points or other small things until more mods and a wideband. I have read a TON though. Just need experience.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

If your problem is in the key system, turning of VATS will not solve your problem. In fact most of the security system is in the BCM and not the PCM, so turning of VATS will most likely not fix your problem.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pcm is expecting a frequency signal from the bcm. Turning off vats in the pcm will let the pcm provide fuel, spark, and starter functions regardless of the bcm signal.

The only other thing the bcm will do is flash the lights and horn if you have an alarm and it is enabled. (in regard to the resistor in the key)
Old 10-17-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I think something is up with the bcm cause I bypassed and used and a resistor. It worked just like the key in the ignition..... about 75% of the time. So I had to have done it right or wouldn't have worked at all.

But once the pcm has vats disabled I am pretty confident it will start. Fuel was cut off cause I jumped the relay and it turned over fine just no fire.

And no I don't have alarm so no prob there.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by John_D.
The pcm is expecting a frequency signal from the bcm. Turning off vats in the pcm will let the pcm provide fuel, spark, and starter functions regardless of the bcm signal.

The only other thing the bcm will do is flash the lights and horn if you have an alarm and it is enabled. (in regard to the resistor in the key)
Ive had a few cars with the resistor key problem, and turning off vats would not make them start
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious about that. Were they f-bodies? Maybe the bcm is more in the loop in a y-body.

I completely removed the resistor wiring from the column to the bcm, and turned off vats, and mine started.

Well I removed the whole bcm actually...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by John_D.
I'm curious about that. Were they f-bodies? Maybe the bcm is more in the loop in a y-body.

I completely removed the resistor wiring from the column to the bcm, and turned off vats, and mine started.

Well I removed the whole bcm actually...
Yes they were F-Bodies

Quick Reply: hptuners shipping