Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question aftermarket ecu-

search not working

so here goes?

when do u guys feel its in need of a aftermarket ecu-

its it on hp level-injector sizing etc etc?

my combo sould make in my dedicated track car or over 1200+ @ the engine+more later on-

i have been told by a tunner down here in australia that he has had 95 pounders on a 383 cuber-single turbo on the factory ecu and he said it was at it's limit of controlling-????

my build requires a min of 8 #160 pounders+more later if i decide to go the meth only route-

will the factory ecu do it or am i day dreaming again-

Thanks in advance-
Old 12-14-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Resident

anyone-
Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like the best combo for you would be a Big Stuff 3 ECU system. This system can drive up to 16 injectors if needed. Boost control, 2step, trans control if needed.

We carry the BigStuff 3 product line and its components, if you have any questions please let us know.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Sounds like the best combo for you would be a Big Stuff 3 ECU system. This system can drive up to 16 injectors if needed. Boost control, 2step, trans control if needed.

We carry the BigStuff 3 product line and its components, if you have any questions please let us know.
Agree, If you're running anything that requires that large of an injector, the factory ECU's can only support 3 Bar MAPs, which i assume you'll max out with the amount of boost you'll be running (over 30lbs?). The other side of it is Injector control. If you're spending some cash (which i sounds like you are) don't skimp on the Fuel Management system. I'd also go with BigStuff3.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

bs3 will control 24 injectors and run on methanol or gas....if i remember correctly i've seen 8 , 280ish pound injectors so i think you wont run out of injector on bs3 haha...btw with a dedicated track car you may want to look at what all you need to be datalogging to help your decision
Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Question

Originally Posted by shankels94ta
bs3 will control 24 injectors and run on methanol or gas....if i remember correctly i've seen 8 , 280ish pound injectors so i think you wont run out of injector on bs3 haha...btw with a dedicated track car you may want to look at what all you need to be datalogging to help your decision
did some reasearch and i found out that the bs3 can be run with the racpak dashes and dataloogers?

and yes-a freind of mind has told me that he can hook me with with injectors-212 pounders-

i had two different replies- 1 says 16 injectors and u reckon 24 injectors-

is that a option from bs3?

thanks for the replie's fella's

very helpful-
Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by njc.corp
did some reasearch and i found out that the bs3 can be run with the racpak dashes and dataloogers?

and yes-a freind of mind has told me that he can hook me with with injectors-212 pounders-

i had two different replies- 1 says 16 injectors and u reckon 24 injectors-

is that a option from bs3?

thanks for the replie's fella's

very helpful-
Yes, the Bigstuff 3 will run a RacePak Dash. Depending on what you need to data log the bs3 has a bit of inputs that can be used, either the standard options or the DAE package. There is also a DAI package for logging a run without a computer in the car, this is very useful for racetrack situations.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

i don't reckon anything, we have 24 160's on our racecar....bs3 can be configured however you would like from the factory...the way bigstuff is going right now (hint hint) you wont need a racepak....you prolly just need 8 160's and be done with it...
Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

Question

Originally Posted by shankels94ta
i don't reckon anything, we have 24 160's on our racecar....bs3 can be configured however you would like from the factory...the way bigstuff is going right now (hint hint) you wont need a racepak....you prolly just need 8 160's and be done with it...
okay-so if i was to buy a bs3- i would have to tell the seller to make it for example 24 injectors-

okay so bigstuff got something new coming out- so would i be okay to buy the bs3 and just the dash the bs3 supports and forget about the race pak data logger-

thank's guys u have been very informative-
Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by njc.corp
okay-so if i was to buy a bs3- i would have to tell the seller to make it for example 24 injectors-

okay so bigstuff got something new coming out- so would i be okay to buy the bs3 and just the dash the bs3 supports and forget about the race pak data logger-

thank's guys u have been very informative-
The bigstuff 3 can be purchased with the CAN option to run the dash, the dash from racepak is setup to run with this option. There are few options as far as logging information goes.

Currently, the ls1 based computers cannot run the 24 injectors, they are limited to the 16 injectors.