Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp/efi????

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hp/efi????

im trying to find out what system i will need to tune my car with. I'm looking to turbo my ls1 and cant decide what program will work best for me. what is the most user friendly and still do what is needed.
ls1 is stock right now while im working on a 408 build. turbo is going to be an 88mm, backed with a th400 with 4000 stall and tb. probly looking for 85 # injectors (not sure as to this is my first v8 tubo)

i have worked with dsm link,hondata, and crome so i do have a little exp in tunning but cant decide what will work best for me with the stock ecm. or should i jus look something like a fast set up?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With EFIlive you can use a Free custom os5. It will work perfect for your setup. Also you can do segment transfers and make your vehicle any setup you want. So no trans wont be a problem. As for injectors, you will be fine running an inj driver for those bigger ones.
Also have a TPS ve table for big cams, and boost ve and spark correction up to 3 bar.

As for the layout and table setup, it is much much much better than an aftermarket computer.

I have made tons of power with the stock ecm and Efilive. As well as many many other people. 1000+ hp.....
Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either or will do you just fine, our SD custom operating systems also have the TPS ve table for big cams but we also add a boost enrichment table so that you can set your desired AFR while in boost for boosted applications.

Add to that Real Time Tuning available at no extra charge for most of our 1/2/3 bar custom operating systems meaning you can tune ~20 tables within the pcm such as VE, PE, spark, etc all in real time.

We have many customers over the 1000hp barrier as well.

-Bill
Old 03-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Teching In

now with eather one is the v1 for the eflive, or the standard the way i need to go or will i have to get the v2 or pro to be able to do what is needed? im not looking to tune an other car other than my own. thank you for your reply and info.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by suspectz28
now with eather one is the v1 for the eflive, or the standard the way i need to go or will i have to get the v2 or pro to be able to do what is needed? im not looking to tune an other car other than my own. thank you for your reply and info.
I am using EFILive V1 with a custom OS. As long as your car is not a newer interface the V1 will work. Wait4me is great to work with. He knows EFILive.

Bill
Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

The v1 or v2 is perfectly fine. The v1 is definatly the cheaper way to go. But also has Black box logging, and 0-5 volt inputs.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

If it was me, I'd look above and call the company that has a phone number listed and ask my questions.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black02SS
If it was me, I'd look above and call the company that has a phone number listed and ask my questions.
X2

PS, Chad that Vette look aewsome
Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well since both companies offer resellers you can can always call Fraser at speed inc for any pre sales inquiries at 1-866-571-SPEED or feel to email us directly at sales at hptuners.com and we'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions pre sale or at any time you run into a speedbump along the way.

If you purchase through them you'll also get a discount on credits going through Speed inc.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

+1 for EFILive. The fit and finish of the product is amazing and the customer service is top notch! You can download the software and take it for a test drive here: http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

When you're ready to start tuning, give Jess a call and he'll get you fixed up.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by foff667
Well since both companies offer resellers you can can always call Fraser at speed inc for any pre sales inquiries at 1-866-571-SPEED or feel to email us directly at sales at hptuners.com and we'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions pre sale or at any time you run into a speedbump along the way.

If you purchase through them you'll also get a discount on credits going through Speed inc.

What about post sales questions? I am sure they will have those as well. Jesse will take care of you Pre-sale, post sale, anytime. Nothing against Speed but I can't see Fraiser taking the time to help someone on the phone after the sale on how to setup the car in Open Loop if the guy is having trouble (example). Just don't see it sorry.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

As for post sale support I've always been more than willing to help customers even if its over & above what our resellers offer, add to that our user help forum http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php with some 8300 members which is available 24/7 theres almost always someone there to help.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

EFI Live's individual cylinder knock detection is a neat feature, along with the custom OS for some crazy E85 + boost fun. Their fast scanning on the newer gen cars may help calibrators with transitional fueling.

Both are great products, but my 2 cents, EFI Live has the edge right now...
Old 03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suspectz28
im trying to find out what system i will need to tune my car with. I'm looking to turbo my ls1 and cant decide what program will work best for me. what is the most user friendly and still do what is needed.
ls1 is stock right now while im working on a 408 build. turbo is going to be an 88mm, backed with a th400 with 4000 stall and tb. probly looking for 85 # injectors (not sure as to this is my first v8 tubo)

i have worked with dsm link,hondata, and crome so i do have a little exp in tunning but cant decide what will work best for me with the stock ecm. or should i jus look something like a fast set up?

I say this over and over again (but then, this SAME question is asked over and over again as well...); one of my favorite features of HPT is real time tuning with your STOCK PCM.

For your turbo, all you need to tune is HPT and a wideband. You get enough credits in the initial purchase to upgrade to the 2 or 3 bar SD OS that your turbo needs and when you do this, you get real time tuning included for free with your stock PCM. This takes LOTS of time out of the tuning process.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by cast iron
EFI Live's individual cylinder knock detection is a neat feature, along with the custom OS for some crazy E85 + boost fun. Their fast scanning on the newer gen cars may help calibrators with transitional fueling.

Both are great products, but my 2 cents, EFI Live has the edge right now...
We've had individual cyl knock detection for some time now, we offer custom operating systems of which most LS1 calibrations allow for you to tune in real time for free and our scanner can get upwards of 40fps on the newer pcm's.

We offer a premium product at a great price with many features incorporated into our product that nobody else offers.

Last edited by foff667; 03-24-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by foff667
We've had individual cyl knock detection for some time now, we offer custom operating systems of which most LS1 calibrations allow for you to tune in real time for free and our scanner can get upwards of 40fps on the newer pcm's.

We offer a premium product at a great price with many features incorporated into our product that nobody else offers.
Billl,

More info on HPT's ind. knock sensing please, I've been under a rock for some time. Is it in the 2.2.0 release?

I'm familiar with HPT 2 bar/3 bar, just like EFI Live's, "segmented" approach.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Correct 2.2.0

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=MPID

New VCM Scanner MPID support for late model GM ECM's
As ECM's get more powerful and complex the feedback to the tuner needs to adapt. HP Tuners "MPID" (short for Memory PID) technology allows access to advanced tuning parameters to give a more complete picture of what the ECM is up to during engine operation. Almost 50 new MPID's have been added to VCM Scanner for the E40/E38/E67 range of ECM's where applicable.

New MPIDs:
- SPARK (Base, IAT, ECT, EGR, PE/COT, DFCO, CFCO, FlexFuel, CatLightoff, Piston Slap, Launch, Cranking, Per Cylinder advances, TqMgt, Idle Base, Idle Adapt, Variable Cam)
- KNOCK (knock learn factor, per cyl KL Fact, per cyl KR)
- GM Volumetric Efficiency (raw VE value)
- Intake Valve Temp
- Injector Tip Temp
- Manifold Air Temp
- Injector Flow rate (if not already supported)
- Fuel Cut Type (if not already supported)
- MAF Sensor State (if not already supported)
- Air Calc Mode (if not already supported)
- AFR Cmd Hi-Res (if not already supported)
Old 03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Ah, interesting, so its only GenIV PCMs?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes, Gen 3's do not have this capability AFAIK.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

for GenIII owners