Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0102 Code I Checked The Fuse Already

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry P0102 Code, What about the TPS?

I have a similar post in the Drag section but no answers so far. I have a code P0102 P1637 AND A few EGR codes it is removed. My car will not idle at all. When i unloaded my car at the track it was running fine then it just would not idle or run well. I checked the 20amp fuse engine sensor and it looked fine. What next? I see in the posts that P0101 is the Maf code and P0102 is the Low input to the MAF. Where does the low input come from? Another sensor? What about the TPS OR Idle sensors on the Throttle body? I just don't know where to look exactly. It was a hot day about 84, maybe a temp sensor? Any advice would be appreciated. I checked the TPS by doing a relearn sequence and it failed. The car will not even start now. I going to buy one tonight and see if this was my problem all along. Thanks

Last edited by ping2day; 04-21-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: More troubleshooting
Old 04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MAF has to output less than 10 HZ at over 300 rpm to set that code. Eng Sens fuse may be good but that doesn't say the 12V is getting to the MAF. Probe the pink wire for 12V with a DMM and the black wire for a ground. If those are good, look for an open between yellow wire and PCM or a bad MAF.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Ok thanks for the information. I will check those parameters with my DVM. I started the car a a little while ago, still the same after i swapped fuses in pos 19.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same problem with a customer car which ran badly, with HPP I could see that MAF stayed static at 2 gr/s which could not be as engine needs 12gr/s at idle (supercharged 402).

we found that one pin inside the connectors came loose and had just random contact, disassembled connector and resoldered pin and all is fine now.

it did not even set the MIL !
Old 04-20-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

I checked the voltage at the pink wire with the ignition on. There is 11.75 volts which i assume is good and that i will be needing a new MAF. I wonder is SLP will back up their product and replace mine. It is new i just put it on the car in the fall and it sat on the car in my garage until now. I will give them a call tomorrow. I know good luck with that. If they know they are having such problems with the product then why are they selling them?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Could this be my TPS not sending the correct signal? I did watch the throttle position on my scanner and it did not seem correct. Maybe it is sending the wrong signal? I'm going to try and do the relearn sequence.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

I did the TPS relearn sequence. Now the car will not start at all. Does this mean the TPS is definetly bad. I assume so. That would be an easy fix. What do you think?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Problem solved. I took the car to NEW ERA in Rochester today. The plugs were wasted. The car was asking for too much fuel possibly from a faulty o2 sensor. It was just dumping fuel on the left bank on idle. Mike fixed everything for me and the car runs great now.