Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Data Reduction / LS1 Edit Automation Software ->

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Data Reduction / LS1 Edit Automation Software ->

It's something I began working on in an effort to pick up the .NET framework as well as automate some of the things that I seem to do over and over.

Basically the purpose of the software is to anaylze and present your data to you in a manner that should be helpfull in making changing, as well as suggest some simple changes for you. More advanced automatic tuning features are in the works, but there are still plenty of basic details to get out of the way first.

The software will also help automate data entry into ls1 edit for you - instead of having to type in tables by hand you can load a LS1 Edit dump file or a program generated xml file and have it automatically fill in the appropriate tables. You can also send the data you are working on directly to the pcm.

You can generate "dump" files from your pcm that contain data from multiple tables - so people can trade "settings" also.

This is still a very alpha product, but I need some help testing it to nail down configurations I don't have access to. To pass data to LS1 Edit I have to use sendkeys (so you can't do anything else while it is filling in your data table) - and if the Tab order, etc. has changed at all in edit then this will throw off the program and I will have to make specific allowances for that version (which can be done easily). Currently I only have access to version 1.11, so haven't been able to test it out with anything else.

It also currently will not do any axis interpolation for you - you need to make sure the axis scaling for the data you are uploading is the same as your table in your software (e.g. spark tables are sometimes different). It "knows" what the axis is so this will be corrected later on - just haven't got there yet.

Also the log file reader only contains default column headings for the "title only" efi live export files. The definitions are stored in a xml file and there is infact a built in editor for this so you can add your definitions as you go - if people would send me the definitions that work for them I will include them all.

Finally if people will let me know what kind of issues they run into - and there will be issues, many of them

anyway, the software and more information on it is located at

http://automation.slowcar.net

here are some screenshot examples:

And more info on the site.

Let me know what you think! Plenty more features are in the work (intelligent data fitting/interpolation, "smarter" log file analysis, the ability to store multiple runs/files in a database, etc.

Also note - if you use the save to pcm file functions make sure you have a backup of the file (*.ls1) as some portions of the code overwrite that file with the new one.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: New Data Reduction / LS1 Edit Automation Software ->

I am adding ColumnAlias for AutoTap. Do the values need to be in Metric or English?

The program looks good. Thanks for making it available to us.

John
Old 09-17-2003, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

It's something I began working on in an effort to pick up the .NET framework as well as automate some of the things that I seem to do over and over.

Basically the purpose of the software is to anaylze and present your data to you in a manner that should be helpfull in making changing, as well as suggest some simple changes for you. More advanced automatic tuning features are in the works, but there are still plenty of basic details to get out of the way first.

The software will also help automate data entry into ls1 edit for you - instead of having to type in tables by hand you can load a LS1 Edit dump file or a program generated xml file and have it automatically fill in the appropriate tables. You can also send the data you are working on directly to the pcm.

You can generate "dump" files from your pcm that contain data from multiple tables - so people can trade "settings" also.

This is still a very alpha product, but I need some help testing it to nail down configurations I don't have access to. To pass data to LS1 Edit I have to use sendkeys (so you can't do anything else while it is filling in your data table) - and if the Tab order, etc. has changed at all in edit then this will throw off the program and I will have to make specific allowances for that version (which can be done easily). Currently I only have access to version 1.11, so haven't been able to test it out with anything else.

It also currently will not do any axis interpolation for you - you need to make sure the axis scaling for the data you are uploading is the same as your table in your software (e.g. spark tables are sometimes different). It "knows" what the axis is so this will be corrected later on - just haven't got there yet.

Also the log file reader only contains default column headings for the "title only" efi live export files. The definitions are stored in a xml file and there is infact a built in editor for this so you can add your definitions as you go - if people would send me the definitions that work for them I will include them all.

Finally if people will let me know what kind of issues they run into - and there will be issues, many of them

anyway, the software and more information on it is located at

http://automation.slowcar.net

here are some screenshot examples:

And more info on the site.

Let me know what you think! Plenty more features are in the work (intelligent data fitting/interpolation, "smarter" log file analysis, the ability to store multiple runs/files in a database, etc.

Also note - if you use the save to pcm file functions make sure you have a backup of the file (*.ls1) as some portions of the code overwrite that file with the new one.

.....but, Very . TTT....for those thinking of correcting their VE Table via NoGo's method. This looks Awesome! Thanks ChrisB.

joel(Bink)
Old 10-04-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Back to top for the VE Guys
Old 11-13-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by binksz06
Back to top for the VE Guys
^^^^^Up^^^^^^
Old 11-26-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

does this work?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by soslo
does this work?
Holy back from the dead, Batman. A lot has changed in two years. LS1-Edit was the only thing around back then. I tried this utility for awhile, but I don't think there's anything in this utility which HPTuners or EFILive can't cover.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

well...I have Edit/atap...so I was looking for good tools to help A/F & timing tuning without spending even more $ on tuning software.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

error....

tried it with an hptuners export to .csv...
cleaned p extra data so it would just be the columns and none of the non header data that appears at the top of the log...

<ErrorEvent Time="11/26/2005 11:37:20 PM" Type="UnhandledException"><ProductVersion>1.0.1411 .34576</ProductVersion><OSVersion>5.1.2600.0</OSVersion><NETRuntime>v1.1.4322</NETRuntime><Message>Overflow error.</Message><Source>System</Source><StackTrace> at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.Se tValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.PerformAutoUpdate s()
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boole an value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEv entArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message&amp ; m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message&am p; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace></ErrorEvent></EventLog>