Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Deal or No deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Deal or No deal

Now I still cant figure this one out This guy is selling a 02 Ws6 special edition the yellow one with all options type thing heres an email i got he also sent pics cars look flawless but this whole deal cant be right has to be scam

I wrote some additional info about the deal because I received a lot of offers for this car and I want to select my buyer. In case you want to check the carfax report, the vin # is : 2G2FV22G622141744 .

The car is located in Round Rock, Texas but don't worry I will pay shipping to your house. I have to tell you that I recently moved to Birmingham, United Kingdom due to work and family. I lost my job and now the bank knocks at my door to pay the rate for the house I bought so I really need to sell the car fast to solve this issue.

The price is $6,000. As this is a large purchase I suggest using a third party to complete this purchase. For safety reasons I think that the most important thing, when we make a deal over the Internet, is both of us to have 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.

I had the car listed on a couple of websites and I want to finalize the deal through a third party escrow agent that will provide 100% protection for buyer and seller.
We will use Ebay's Secure Payment Center to handle the funds. They will also offer you a 5 days inspection period with money back guarantee. I have a $20,000 insurance policy with them so We will be both refunded in case of something happens. As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of the rest of the things ( shipping of the car along with the title ).

This is how the deal works:

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to Ebay's Payment Center and they will deposit the money into their secure escrow account --> 3. The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to inspect it -->4.The buyer will contact Ebay and will notify them if he is satisfied or not --> 5.Ebay will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or will refund the buyer(in case he is not satisfied).

If you agree with my terms please send me your full name and address so I can open a case with Ebay. Remember that time is an issue for me and I received many emails regarding the car, so please contact me ONLY if you are interested

I will wait your reply.

PS : Don't forget to send me your full name and address.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

something doesn't sound right...
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Teching In

100% scam. Dont do it.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Somebody posted an almost identical letter on here a while back, Its a complete and total scam. Save your money
Old 04-26-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thestaton
100% scam. Dont do it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ebay sent me an email regaurding this type of con exactly. They send you all the info and you pay, then they say never mind, you get your check back, but they get to keep the money somehow because the delay in the overseas transaction. I dont remember exactly how it happend but that is the jist of it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

i've also heard similar letters. i would never ever consider an overseas transaction like that, unless i personally knew the person.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Complete scam. A co-worker of mine almost bought an '83 Dodge Ram through ebay last year that was allegedly in Austrailia (don't ask me why he couldn't find one here in the states). Anyway, the owner was supposedly now living in England, and needed to sell the truck because of ailing health. He requested that the money be wired via Western Union. Luckily, my co-worker had problems with the transaction through Western Union and the deal was never done. The owner said it would be shipped directly to my co-worker's door which is totally bogus. My co-worker is young and isn't too car savvy, so he was believing most of what the scammer was saying. I finally convinced him that nothing was really adding up, and that it was probably a scam. I was giving him obvious clues like the fact that the truck pictured in the auction was still lefthand drive. It's law in Austrailia that all vehicles must be righthand drive.

Funny thing is later he saw the very same truck for sale on another site. It was located in Michigan. My co-worker actually drove up and looked at it in person from the real owners. The real owners were elderly, and they had no idea that someone else was trying to scam their truck. He bought it and had it really delivered to his house. Since we had the scammer's email address (danbens24@hotmail.com), we proceeded to email him at least a dozen times a day Never ever heard a word out of the scammer again.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Teching In

It's not me but if some of you guys get a pm from me its cause i see your looking to buy a trans am and i'm looking to sell mine but cant post a thread yet because of the 50 post rule. if anyones interested write me. thanks mike
Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boone94
It's not me but if some of you guys get a pm from me its cause i see your looking to buy a trans am and i'm looking to sell mine but cant post a thread yet because of the 50 post rule. if anyones interested write me. thanks mike
...as long as no one complains about the unsolicited pm's. Working around the 6months/50 posts rule is frowned upon.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Launching!

yeah it is a pretty common scam. never buy a car from someone who is oversees. you see them on ebay all the time. they will sell you a car for half it's value. to ten percent it's value. but it is here and they will pay for shipping. ask for the guys phone number and stuff so you can talk to him dirrectly and he will never give it to you. they also pull the whole. " have a 68 camaro rs ss z28 convertible blah blah blah i will sell it to you for 6500 and i will pay the shipping on it." i can't smog it in europe thing" or taxes or whatever. they play on naivite. if they can have someone meet you at the car with legal papers for the sale including the title then go ahead. what they normally do is say they are going to use a bogus ebay protection escrowe service which doesn't exist. you send this bogus escrowe company the money who is supposed to hold it for you until you say yeah i got the car but they are a scam too. just don't by from someone out of country. and if it is too good to be true and you don't know the person it's a scam. try emailing him back and i bet you will get the same email he already sent to you.

Quick Reply: Deal or No deal