Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 gto remote locking problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 gto remote locking problem

so it starts off as my alarm going off for nothing around 8am i go to disarm the system the doors unlock and the alarm shuts off. no one was around my car because it sits right next my window every night under a cover. my transmitter will disarm the security system but the locks are not working. it wont activate my alarm but will disarm and unlatch the trunk... even when i push down the lock while im in the car the locks wont work. anyone have this problem? im lookin at fuses as soon as find my test light.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Teching In

no fuses were blown.... it just started working again this morning.....
Old 01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Key fob battery? My 04 was doing some weird crap when mine was going dead. I found a one on ebay for like 50.00 and programmed it myself. It takes like an hour or 2.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

GTO's do strange things when the battery gets low. Since the car sits next to your window, run a wire out and put a battery tender on it. That will keep it charged up. Now the fob battery can not be changed and it needs to be replaced. You can get one from gmpartshouse.com
Old 01-14-2010, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to get me a new key fob because i never used the extra set of keys. when i wanted to start the car with them it would not start. it would not unlock the doors. now as far as the battery in the fob is rechargable but it has to be in the column to charge. i have had me fob since i bought the car 5 yr ago. the dealer told me that if i had swapped the keys out once a week or two weeks that the battery would not run down. but it does take a charge as long as you are driveing the car or just let them set in the ignition. since the new fob i have had no problems as i regulate the use between the two..
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Good to see you got it fixed.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Same problem.

My 04 goat does the same **** but with the driver side door. Since the winter when i go to lock the car my passenger door works but not the driver. There are a few days here an there that it will work all of a sudden. At first i thought maybe some moisture got in the lock mechanism and froze it in the unlock position but then on warm days it still does the same. Have no clue why its doing this, was that similar to the problem you had or was it something totally different.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2004 red gto
My 04 goat does the same **** but with the driver side door. Since the winter when i go to lock the car my passenger door works but not the driver. There are a few days here an there that it will work all of a sudden. At first i thought maybe some moisture got in the lock mechanism and froze it in the unlock position but then on warm days it still does the same. Have no clue why its doing this, was that similar to the problem you had or was it something totally different.

Probably the actuator. I had to replace mine.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mark1si
That problem was a tsb, and was a no questions asked replace item when new.
Find the tsb, there was more to it than just swapping the actuator iirc.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM

My driver side door never locks anymore unless i use the key to do so. And at times it gets stuck and i have to lock then unlock again to free it. I figure im gona have to get a new part to have that fixed but since its not driving me insane yet i figure after the exhaust, tires, rims, etc go on within the next two months ill worry about that after. What is it with GM cars, its like they use such shitty parts that always break and when u replace them there always crappy plastic clips or pieces that will prob break soon after u replace them
Old 11-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Default Help Please - drivers side lock does not work manually or with remote

Originally Posted by Mark1si

Hi - okay my car 2004 Pontiac GTO - passenger door lock works with remote and without - the drivers side lock does not work manually or with remote - is that the actuator?
We checked the fuses and relays and they are all good.
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Leadtoe66
Hi - okay my car 2004 Pontiac GTO - passenger door lock works with remote and without - the drivers side lock does not work manually or with remote - is that the actuator?
We checked the fuses and relays and they are all good.
Thanks for your help.
Yes, it's the actuator. There was a problem with them and GM redesigned the part so make sure it's the new part number (GM Part # 90493702) that you order. Shop for the best price. This is a replacement how-to: http://evtransam.com/gto/

Quick Reply: 04 gto remote locking problem