Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Are there any good forums still for these cars??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Are there any good forums still for these cars??

I've been to ls1gto and GTO forum and they both seem to be sorta dead, is there any other forums related to these cars that has some life? Maybe even GTO clubs with regional based areas for like meets and shows and stuff like that?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really. ls1gto may be mostly dead these days, but there is a lot of info on there worth reading.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1gto dead? If you post a question in the tech section you will receive a response.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

With such a small number of cars left it's not surprising. The busy groups are on Facebook. The kids have gone there where they can repeat bad information without the fear of being called out on it. Another "advantage" there is that there is no way to search for anything and some seem to like that I guess.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EFoxwell
there is a lot of info on there worth reading.
Nearly anything you would want or need to know will be on there. Great site but, to me, Facebook is killing forums.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by svede1212
With such a small number of cars left it's not surprising. The busy groups are on Facebook. The kids have gone there where they can repeat bad information without the fear of being called out on it. Another "advantage" there is that there is no way to search for anything and some seem to like that I guess.
They seem to like it because there is no longer a search button that we can tell them to use.

I don't think Facebook is going to completely kill forums. At least, I hope it doesn't. There is a ton of good information on LS1GTO and it would be a shame if it just went away because the site owners called it quits.

The sites definitely had their heydays years ago, though.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Felix C
LS1gto dead? If you post a question in the tech section you will receive a response.
I said mostly dead. There are still the vultures who know how to tell people to use the search function.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Try gastiresoil.com

If you're looking for activity, ls1gto will have the most. The mods there and a few troubled members have run that place into the ground, but as others have said, there is good info there.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never use Facebook. Prefer forums.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Long before I was booted off of LS1GTO, I tried without luck to join the Aussie Monaro group. Even with the help of an administrator, it never came to fruition. Seems that their computer differentiates between free and paid-for online accounts, and my AOL account is free. The group rules demand a paid-for account. That group rocks and is superior to LS1GTO. And the members are not obnoxious. The advice is awesome and the accent is not too difficult to understand. I do belong to PistonHeads [a British group]. They are also very much polite, but that accent........
Old 01-06-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I lurked on there for a while when I first got my gto, seemed like every thread I clicked the first five posts beyond the op's were just snarky insults and I always had to skim through to get to anything useful.

In just Google search when I need info now.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Teching In

It is great though, to be able to ask a question and get some decent answers. LS1GTO members know their stuff, but that attitude is something else. People hide behind their computer screens and seem to get great joy from being ********.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

I've never had much luck on LS1GTO even when I owned my 04. Over there it seems like if you don't do whatever they think you should to your car than you get a bashing. They do have good information like other is stated that's the only reason I visit the site. They think a post count means everything and if you don't have one then they bast. So for the most part I just lurk there.

I've always had great help and information on this site and come here first if I'm looking for something. I belong to a few sites because obviously I own several vehicles but Corvetteforum and duramaxforum are two of the best sites I've belonged to besides this one LS1GTO is by far the worst because of the people and there useless post.

Unfortunately there arnt that many of these cars left and the demand for new products or tech isnt there. Hopefully the LS community keeps the great tradition going and we always will have a place to find information and keep projects and build going
Old 01-07-2015, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvetteandsilverado
I've never had much luck on LS1GTO even when I owned my 04. Over there it seems like if you don't do whatever they think you should to your car than you get a bashing. They do have good information like other is stated that's the only reason I visit the site. They think a post count means everything and if you don't have one then they bast. So for the most part I just lurk there.

I've always had great help and information on this site and come here first if I'm looking for something. I belong to a few sites because obviously I own several vehicles but Corvetteforum and duramaxforum are two of the best sites I've belonged to besides this one LS1GTO is by far the worst because of the people and there useless post.

Unfortunately there arnt that many of these cars left and the demand for new products or tech isnt there. Hopefully the LS community keeps the great tradition going and we always will have a place to find information and keep projects and build going

I guess I'm several years late to the party for the most part. But that's okay as long as all the detailed articles and postings stay around, like the thread I found there explaining all the unknown things about the GTO that you can do or find, its actually pretty amazing how much technology was packed into a car back in those days for its price.

And speaking of facebook groups, I've found one fan page I wanted to join that seems somewhat promising, with a little over 2k members, its a private group, you have to be added,

its called "New Gen Pontiac GTO Fan Page (2004-2006)"

I've made a few attempts to be added and they won't add me, I do NOT understand it. kinda irritates me, you know, there's really no rhyme or reason for it, but after I click join group a day goes by I check back it says I have to click the "join" button again instead of "pending"....
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Several of us migrated to gastiresoil.com But there not much traffic anymore. We are also on FB at gastiresoil section. Feel free to ask to join, I'll gladly accept you there!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great idea, Tom.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

I used to be very active over on LS1GTO, but as time has gone on, I find my self going there less and less. There were and still are some great people on the forum, I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of them all the way up and down the east coast. I think most of us who really tried to contribute what we learned about these cars from racing and modifying them, have just moved on at this point.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run GasTiresOil.com and it was started as an alternative to LS1GTO and the ridiculous moderation and refusal to allow talk about products not offered by sponsors.

Example: I did a write up on how to DIY your own IAT relocation. Because a sponsor (who was also a moderator) sold an IAT relocation kit, my thread(s) were deleted. I was not trying to sell a competing product. I just posted a how to for those people that felt comfortable assembling the pieces to DIY.

So, GasTiresOil.com was started with the idea that the hobby and the cars come first. We except sponsors, but that does not buy them exclusivity. In fact, I prefer that sponsors send me parts rather than money.

The site traffic has been slow of late, and part of that is my fault because I simply do not have the time to constantly promote the site. I have a wife, two teenagers (one about to go to college), a career, etc. However, the site will continue to exist because I own the server it's hosted on, and it doesn't cost me anything to run it.

We also have a GasTiresOil.com FB page and have been a sponsor of the last several Goatfests in Texas.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BoostedLT5
I used to be very active over on LS1GTO, but as time has gone on, I find my self going there less and less. There were and still are some great people on the forum, I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of them all the way up and down the east coast. I think most of us who really tried to contribute what we learned about these cars from racing and modifying them, have just moved on at this point.
I like this post because I think your right about people moving on. The price of these cars continues to drop because you can get into a LS3 camaro for 23-25k or some other type of LS vehicle. The market has definitely decreased over the last few years for these rides but with that being said.

I just bought my 05 this past summer when I just absolutely had enough of my 01 SLP SS, so I came back to the sites that I havent visited in awhile since owning my 04 GTO and was very surprised to see the advances that have taken place since my first goat.

They have a lot more parts for these cars then back in 05 when I first purchased it, at the same time everything is still very expensive I guess because of demand. I'm used to expensive because of the corvette tax on my Z so no big deal but I am pleased with the advance in the goat over the years.

I have read very good threads on LS1tech and LS1GTO for these cars but I choose not to post much on LS1GTO because of the level of idiot posts (which I never seen before visiting recently) and that also could be because the younger generation can now afford these cars.

I have been daily driving this 05 since the time I bought it and I do enjoy driving it. The 05-06 years are definitely a huge improvement over that damn 04 I owned but at the same time I still get annoyed with the little **** but thats any car. I havent decided if ill keep it or sell it for a G8 or CTS-V but until then I enjoy this forum and reading about peoples cars.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What improvement did you find in the 05-06 over the 04? How long did you own the 04?

Last edited by Felix C; 02-10-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Are there any good forums still for these cars??