Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Picked up 05 goat today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up 05 goat today...

Hey all, been trolling for a few weeks, but now that I finally have my new Goat, I figured I'd officially register. Just picked up my black on black 6 speed today, only 2 hours after it got off the truck. Ok, so I use to own a 98 Mustang GT, hehe, um, yeah, wow. I am still having a hard time completing a sentence. It started raining 5 minutes after I finished the paperwork and has not let up yet, but it still didn't stop me from toolin' around for a couple of hours. I keep getting these, "What the F*&# is that" looks; love it. Well, pictures are better than words, so I'll try to post some. Don't know if I have to have a host to post, but I'll play the newbie here and try anyway......enjoy

Goatster
Attached Thumbnails Picked up 05 goat today...-dscf0012.jpg  

Last edited by Goatster; 01-13-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Ah, you can post multiples. Sorry still playing the newbie...... You'll notice on these a 2004 Acura TL next to the new Goat. I love that TL, but the GTO just tempted me so....
Attached Thumbnails Picked up 05 goat today...-dscf0011.jpg   Picked up 05 goat today...-dscf0010.jpg   Picked up 05 goat today...-dscf0009.jpg  
Old 01-13-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

The new exhaust / rear looks good.

I haven't warmed up to the hood scoops yet.

Congrats on that 400hp factory monster. By the way, nice color choice.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

looks nice man now go get some mods and go kill some rice
Old 01-13-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome, I recognize the dealership there, thats Grayson Pontiac! I work over at West Side Honda. Beautiful car, sure didn't expect to see one this quick in this area. I think you need to bring it by West Side so that I can check it out and make sure everything works like it suppose too. I especially need to check out that LS2, ya know, just to make sure all the ponies are there
By the way, when you went into finance, did you deal with a gentleman by the name of Stanley Ryan? Anyway, congradulations!!

Last edited by GMCVT; 01-13-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Teching In

gratz man...i just bought mine too. i got an 05 impulse blue w/ blue leather a4...man its nice....i traded in my 00 grand am gt and glad i traded it in to.. now its time to go show off my car
Old 01-13-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by killermini
gratz man...i just bought mine too. i got an 05 impulse blue w/ blue leather a4...man its nice....i traded in my 00 grand am gt and glad i traded it in to.. now its time to go show off my car
Your already slacking, wheres the pix so we can Just kidding so we can Congradulations to you too!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks all,
for the first time I can say I'm looking forward to my 30 minute commute to work tomorrow; too bad its a 12 hour shift That's OK, got all weekend to drive around, hopefully it's nice.

GMCVT, right on the money, Grayson it was. My salesman's name was Larry, though, never met a Stanley. You gonna be working/around West Side this Saturday? I'll swing it by, if you're working

equandt,
Was unsure of the scoop myself until seen in person. They're actually pretty subtle. I was hoping it wasn't gonna be anything as bad as the 2001+ Mustang GTs, those are just horrible.

I'm gonna snap some nice mtn. shots this weekend and I'll post next week. Have a great weekend all, I'm not sure what to hunt for my first kill. Hell, I can take just about anything now, heheheeh

'ster
Old 01-13-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Goatster
Thanks all,
for the first time I can say I'm looking forward to my 30 minute commute to work tomorrow; too bad its a 12 hour shift That's OK, got all weekend to drive around, hopefully it's nice.

GMCVT, right on the money, Grayson it was. My salesman's name was Larry, though, never met a Stanley. You gonna be working/around West Side this Saturday? I'll swing it by, if you're working

equandt,
Was unsure of the scoop myself until seen in person. They're actually pretty subtle. I was hoping it wasn't gonna be anything as bad as the 2001+ Mustang GTs, those are just horrible.

I'm gonna snap some nice mtn. shots this weekend and I'll post next week. Have a great weekend all, I'm not sure what to hunt for my first kill. Hell, I can take just about anything now, heheheeh

'ster
Man, I can now honestly say I wish I was working on Saturday, but I'm not. I will be working on one of my boss's exploders. But, I will be next Saturday I work the shop counter for the parts department. If you can come by next sat. let me know, I would really appreciate it!
My name is John Palmer. Now enjoy that 30 min. ride to work and start thinking about a cam and some headers.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Launching!

do u mind me asking.....what u paid OTD for it?.....or any #'s
Old 01-14-2005, 06:01 AM
TECH Resident

equandt,
Yeah, I said warmed up because I know I'll like them in a few months. I remember when I wasn't keen on the '97 to '98 nose change on the Camaros...since then I've owned two of them. I haven't seen one of the '05s in person yet but after I see them in person a few times, I'll warm up to them. The scoops look like they came off of a '68 GTO Judge. Cool retro is in...

Again congrats on a way cool car.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:01 PM

Congrats, you're probably one of the first to take home an '05! Did you go with the six speed or automatic?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

You 400 hp bastid...i'm jealous.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Teching In

GMCVT,
Well I'm actually on for work next Saturday, but I'll be off this monday, Martin Luther Holiday, you around then? I gotta let the ballz drop a bit b4 I start thinking of any mods, but man she's a screamin'. Got my first kill tonight. One of those riced out EVOs. Man those things will move. Had him by third (no higher than 5K through the gears, though, still breakin' her in! ). But a killz a kill, eh? lol! Got nothing but from the guy, he didn't quite know what it was that hit him.

rosm187,
Paid $35,900 for the ol' gal. Had 2 trades: 2004 Acura TL and 2004 Honda VTX1800C. Down with Honda , up with Pontiac.

xp3nd4bl3,
6-speed all the way. Too sick, my friend, too sick

Thanks again all for the props. I'm so happy with the car, how could I not be. I wonder if anyone has figured the coding for the VIN yet, i.e. production number, build date, etc?

More pics to come, I'll get a few more detailed shots of the inside too. Any requests? Have a great weekend all!!!

'ster
Old 01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

GMCVT,
Well I'm actually on for work next Saturday, but I'll be off this monday, Martin Luther Holiday, you around then? I gotta let the ballz drop a bit b4 I start thinking of any mods, but man she's a screamin'. Got my first kill tonight. One of those riced out EVOs. Man those things will move. Had him by third (no higher than 5K through the gears, though, still breakin' her in! ). But a killz a kill, eh? lol! Got nothing but from the guy, he didn't quite know what it was that hit him.

rosm187,
Paid $35,900 for the ol' gal. Had 2 trades: 2004 Acura TL and 2004 Honda VTX1800C. Down with Honda , up with Pontiac.

xp3nd4bl3,
6-speed all the way. Too sick, my friend, too sick

Thanks again all for the props. I'm so happy with the car, how could I not be. I wonder if anyone has figured the coding for the VIN yet, i.e. production number, build date, etc?

More pics to come, I'll get a few more detailed shots of the inside too. Any requests? Have a great weekend all!!!

'ster
Hey now, easy on the Honda's, they pay my check Just kidding. Honda makes a great product, but not an exciting one, well at least in my opinion. I will be working on MLK Day, so if you happen to be out twords west side, swing by. I'm sure a couple more guys from work would like to come drooool. I go to lunch from 11-12. If you think you can get by, just let me know and I'll tell you where to come. Nice kill by the way, glad to see your not wasting any time!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Congrads on getting a 05. i wanted to wait for one, but the 7500 dollars off for a 04 was just too tempting..
Old 01-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Buff
Congrads on getting a 05. i wanted to wait for one, but the 7500 dollars off for a 04 was just too tempting..
I there with ya. I was also very tempted. Save >$100 on car payments or +50 HP, decisions, decisions. I almost broke in, but then the dealer called me and said a blk/blk just arrived.

GMCVT,
Definitely will try to stop by on Monday. Thanks for the congrats, this dam thing is just fast. lol It's like 40 degrees outside, but you know how quicks black gets dirty, must risk it to get 'er clean. lol cya

'ster
Old 01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Never mind...found my answer.

Last edited by Snafu; 01-15-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet car! I have a question though. Are the scoops functional like the WS6's were? Interestingly, Pontiac has not provided any hood open shots. I hope they are not just decorative or can be cut out somehow. Still a sweet ride. BTW, I grew up in a little town just southwest of you by about 70mi. Ever hear of Soddy-Daisy?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:12 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the 05 much better than the 04. The hood and rear are just the right changes. The only thing that could use some work is the wheels. Other than that, it looks great.

Quick Reply: Picked up 05 goat today...