Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Forged LS3 Short Block

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Forged LS3 Short Block

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $4500
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V
Location (State): LA
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I decided to list just the short block separately to make sure I wasn't overwhelming anyone with options for the full long block... and I dropped the price. See listing here for more information - https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...d-options.html

As noted, the short block currently contains the following items, but I can include other parts at an additional cost (installed or separate):

Low Mileage ("seasoned") 6.2L Aluminum Block
Honed, Decked, and Balanced Rotating Assembly
New Cam Bearings
Stock Crank w/58 Tooth Reluctor
Clevite P-Series Main and Rod Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Callies Compstar 6.125” Rods with ARP Bolts
Wiseco -11cc Forged Piston Set (10-K44X7)
New Coolant and Oil Plug Kit

This block is READY FOR BOOST - Right at 9.7:1 with 70cc heads.

I will deliver if a reasonable distance, and I will also entertain shipping at the buyer's expense.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by RacerBill; 02-09-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Launching!

I wanted to put some numbers together so there wasn't any confusion about the price:

Low Mileage ("seasoned") 6.2L Aluminum Block - $???
Honed, Decked, and Balanced Rotating Assembly - $850
New Cam Bearings - $33.99
Stock Crank w/58 Tooth Reluctor - $419.99
Clevite P-Series Main - $88.99
Rod Bearings - $28
ARP Main Studs - $266.38
Callies Compstar 6.125” Rods with ARP Bolts - $667
Wiseco -11cc Forged Piston Set (10-K44X7) - $759
New Coolant and Oil Plug Kit ~$25

Total - $3,138

That means you get the bare block and my assembly labor (making sure everything is within spec, torqued properly, file fit rings, etc) for UNDER $1,500.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:34 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

How much is the block decked?
What does piston to deck measure?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
How much is the block decked?
What does piston to deck measure?
The piston-to-deck measurement as well as the torque values, rod bolt stretch lengths, ring gaps, bearing clearances, etc will be disclosed to the buyer.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerBill
The piston-to-deck measurement as well as the torque values, rod bolt stretch lengths, ring gaps, bearing clearances, etc will be disclosed to the buyer.
They are basic details that would require answers to before purchasing.

No thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Launching!

No thanks.
I've found that most shops won't even supply that information to purchasers. Most people that truly care about those specs are building their own motors. All the buyer needs to know here is that 1) everything is correct (check my personal build - you don't just accidentally get a 4k # car to trap 145mph) 2) this motor is ready for 20psi of boost easily.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Launching!

No thanks.
Oh, and in case you didn't take the time to read my other thread - "If the specifics of the build are requested by the potential buyer, I will share them once a deposit has been made."

If someone can't take the time to read a thread on this large of a purchase then they are obviously a tire-kicker. If you decide to get more serious about purchasing something like this, I recommend you actually read all the information posted in the thread. Not to try to sound like a d!ck, but I get these sorts of questions from people that aren't actually serious about buying anything all of the time. They are just searching for information. The serious buyers actually read and send legitimate messages.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

That is a pretty no brainer thing someone would need to know. If it's .050" in the hole, or out of the hole, it could be a potential problem for said buyer. It's a short block, people want to know if it'll work with their cylinder heads. Has nothing to do with searching for information.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Post the spec sheet so you don't have to answer 20 pm's a day asking about the specs.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WE TODD DID
That is a pretty no brainer thing someone would need to know. If it's .050" in the hole, or out of the hole, it could be a potential problem for said buyer. It's a short block, people want to know if it'll work with their cylinder heads. Has nothing to do with searching for information.
Yes, and I will make sure the buyer knows before installing their heads, or I will even install a set, whether if be the ones I have or theirs. If you look in the other thread, you will also see that I was going to install LS9 headgaskets so that should be a clue to narrow it down.

PS - I don't know anyone building LS motors with anything that extreme (0.050") on a street/track motor. Additionally, if you see my parts list, you will see that there is no way possible it would be .050" in the hole. Anyone that would be inquiring the specifics should probably have a general idea where this one is at. Check factory specs of the blocks and the components I have installed and figure in a CONSERVATIVE deck.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Burken01
Post the spec sheet so you don't have to answer 20 pm's a day asking about the specs.
I'll take my chances. Serious buyers that would even ask will already have an idea. I'm not that worried.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:15 PM
8 Second Club

Not to try to sound like a d!ck
Little late for you to be thinking that.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Little late for you to be thinking that.
If you don't like the ad, then move along. Very simple. Call a few engine building shops and ask them to share all of their build specs without placing some sort of order.

I am a very easy going person and build engines on the side. This is a passion of mine, and I don't just slap something together and call it good. I take my time and offer a list of ALL the measurements taken during a build to people I sell these engines. Honestly, most people just don't care - they want a quality product for their specific build. I deliver... simple as that.

Would I like to sell this short block? Yes. Do I handle tire-kickers well? No. I have sold enough stuff on there and various other avenues to know a tire-kicker when I see one.

Again, all buyers need to know is that this block is built for boost, and it is setup accordingly. There will be no odd parts required.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this Racer Bill guy. I would buy this if I were in the market. I honestly have no problem with the way you're handling this and I totally agree with you. A serious buyer who knows what he's buying will or should ask or know if his heads will work and I'm sure a legit seller will ask a potential buyer what type of heads, etc are you going to run on this block and so goes business. Lastly, not to mention since trader rating around here is the law, he has nothing but good things said about him on his rating which majority of his transactions are from buyers. So, I wouldn't necessarily say because a guy won't disclose his numbers that is a bad deal. He's willing to disclose whatever info that will make a buyer feel comfortable in spending a nice chunk of change. He's just not putting it out there for the world to see and if that's his way of doing business, nobody can fault him for that. Either buy it or move on as he said. GLWS!!

Last edited by 214Chevelle; 02-12-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 214Chevelle
I like this Racer Bill guy. I would buy this if I were in the market. I honestly have no problem with the way you're handling this and I totally agree with you. A serious buyer who knows what he's buying will or should ask or know if his heads will work and I'm sure a legit seller will ask a potential buyer what type of heads, etc are you going to run on this block and so goes business. Lastly, not to mention since trader rating around here is the law, he has nothing but good things said about him on his rating which majority of his transactions are from buyers. So, I wouldn't necessarily say because a guy won't disclose his numbers that is a bad deal. He's willing to disclose whatever info that will make a buyer feel comfortable in spending a nice chunk of change. He's just not putting it out there for the world to see and if that's his way of doing business, nobody can fault him for that. Either buy it or move on as he said. GLWS!!
Thank you for the support! It's really refreshing to see logic applied around these parts. Sadly, it is a dying trait. As you've stated, I've honestly never had any complaints from anyone I that have sold parts to, from engines and heads to spark plug wires. I have even driven 4hrs one way just to sell a motor without even taking a deposit because I knew the buyer was serious and my engine, which was just as I had described, would meet his expectations. Thanks again, 214Chevelle!

Another analogy I thought of last night and a muuuuch lower price point:

Try buying a *custom grind* cam from ANY vendor (and a lot of times "used" from an individual, too) and request they share the full specs before you purchase. Usually they will tell you what application it was spec'd for, and they might provide a rough idea of what to expect for specs in the form of a range. Once a deposit is made, most will tell you the full details, but some will hold out until the full purchase is completed.

Again, I have provided a list of the heads I would install on this motor, choice of head gaskets, SCR, etc. Anyone is knowledgeable enough to process/use the requested information will already know the answer from reading the listing.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for the support! It's really refreshing to see logic applied around these parts. Sadly, it is a dying trait. As you've stated, I've honestly never had any complaints from anyone I that have sold parts to, from engines and heads to spark plug wires. I have even driven 4hrs one way just to sell a motor without even taking a deposit because I knew the buyer was serious and my engine, which was just as I had described, would meet his expectations. Thanks again, 214Chevelle!

Another analogy I thought of last night and a muuuuch lower price point:

Try buying a *custom grind* cam from ANY vendor (and a lot of times "used" from an individual, too) and request they share the full specs before you purchase. Usually they will tell you what application it was spec'd for, and they might provide a rough idea of what to expect for specs in the form of a range. Once a deposit is made, most will tell you the full details, but some will hold out until the full purchase is completed.

Again, I have provided a list of the heads I would install on this motor, choice of head gaskets, SCR, etc. Anyone is knowledgeable enough to process/use the requested information will already know the answer from reading the listing.
Bill, I totally see your logic in this. I can assure you that I cannot call Comp Cam and ask for grind numbers or call MAST or Texas Speed and ask for engine tolerances and expect them to give them to me. Of course both of these companies will entertain me without trying to be rude because they would want me to buy from them and they might, I repeat...MIGHT give me some so-so numbers, but I can guarantee they won't be the exact numbers of what they would make. I mean, who would do that?
Old 02-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Bill, I totally see your logic in this. I can assure you that I cannot call Comp Cam and ask for grind numbers or call MAST or Texas Speed and ask for engine tolerances and expect them to give them to me. Of course both of these companies will entertain me without trying to be rude because they would want me to buy from them and they might, I repeat...MIGHT give me some so-so numbers, but I can guarantee they won't be the exact numbers of what they would make. I mean, who would do that?
As expected, you're right on the mark. Thanks again!

I guess I just get tired of tire-kickers and/or feeling like people want something for nothing. This isn't my career by any means so maybe that's my other downfall.

The short time I had my LLC setup for this side business (and restoring cars), I really enjoyed helping people reach their goals, but after a while, word must have gotten out that I just hand out free information. It turned out just not to be worth the hassle so I closed the LLC and just do this out of a hobby now and only plan to build 4-5 motors a year as well as a couple LS swaps. I have wasted countless hours giving away information and never reaped the benefits. Guess that's just part of the business... not for me at all haha.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

just do this out of a hobby now and only plan to build 4-5 motors a year as well as a couple LS swaps.
Good to hear. I would like to do some business with you. I admit, I don't know you, but first impressions are everything...at least to me they are. That, coupled with the fact of a good trader rating. I will be in the market for a 6.0 LS motor in the near future. I have a brand new 6.0 iron block with stock internals in it right now. I want to remove the stock rods and pistons, so I can run a slightly bigger cam for a bit more power and maybe even want to throw a small supercharger on it possibly. Sort of set it up for boost like you did for this motor. I'm right over from you in Dallas, Tx and could meet like in Lafayette or Shreveports possibly. I will keep you in mind. This motor would be for my 68 C10. PM me a contact number if you will.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Good to hear. I would like to do some business with you. I admit, I don't know you, but first impressions are everything...at least to me they are. That, coupled with the fact of a good trader rating. I will be in the market for a 6.0 LS motor in the near future. I have a brand new 6.0 iron block with stock internals in it right now. I want to remove the stock rods and pistons, so I can run a slightly bigger cam for a bit more power and maybe even want to throw a small supercharger on it possibly. Sort of set it up for boost like you did for this motor. I'm right over from you in Dallas, Tx and could meet like in Lafayette or Shreveports possibly. I will keep you in mind. This motor would be for my 68 C10. PM me a contact number if you will.
Sounds like a plan! I just picked up another Gen3 iron block on Friday to build for another customer. Stock crank, callies rods, wiseco pistons, ARP head studs, ARP main studs, etc. to be boosted by twin Precision 6466s. These iron blocks in stock stroke form seem to be the ticket right now.

Sending you a PM now.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Bump for SERIOUS buyers. Keep in mind that I can build this short block into an engine from intake to oil pan too.

Quick Reply: Forged LS3 Short Block