Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

beat an LS2 GTO!!! but how!?!??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beat an LS2 GTO!!! but how!?!??!?!

long read but good story.

today, on my way home from school, i saw an 05/06 LS2 GTO up ahead in traffic, and decided to see if he wanted to play. so i pulled up along side him, and gave him the thumbs up. he returned it, and i threw it into second and gunned it a little to see if he would take the bait. didn't really go for it. but then as we pull up to a stoplight, he put his turn signal on and starts to get into the left turnlane, when suddenly he changed his mind and got back into the lane next to me. im like oh hell yea, theres only one reason he'd miss his turn. to take down a GT mustang. i looked at him, and gave him the nod, which he returned, and so then he gives an almighty REV and god it sounded beastly. i then returned. then we were both revving. oh god. classic musclecar scene. everyone around us stopped to look at what was about to go down. the light turns green. i get a perfect, and i mean freakin PERFECT holeshot launch. his, was, er, less than perfect haha. but he wasn't goin down that easy. i nailed a PERFECT 1-2 shift, burned the tires longer than usual on this shift, and pulled HARD through 2nd, him still in the same exact position, his front bumper at about my rear wheel. shifted into third, him pulling a tiny bit but almost struggling it seemed. weird. afterwards, we rolled down windows and i said "awesome race man!" and hes like "yea, i got a bad launch" and im like "yea i know lol, i got really lucky, those GTO's are tough as hell to launch" and hes like haha tell me about it. so then we parted ways, and i floored it goin around the corner. the tail kicked out nicely, but then apparently even though i had the TCS off, i felt an electronic nanny cut the throttle to like 20%, then when i got straight it was WOT again. anybody know how to permanently disable this crap? all cars have a testing/diagnostic mode, don't they?

anyway, i think my car is a factory freak. either that, or im a ridiculously good driver. this is the second superior car i've beaten. he should have started pulling on me more than he did. his car was in the full squatted, nose up, ***-down charging forward position, DEFINETLY WOT.

anyway, this sure as hell made my day. im gonna go post it on LS1tech.com hahaha.

kind of ironic, i really wanted a 6.0 goat and still think they're one of the most badass cars out there.

and i don't know what the hell happened. this had to have been a fluke.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Awesome Kill man! I missed your first kill post, what was it?
Old 08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kill man! I'd say your launch was the difference maker IMO I ran my friend's 06 from a roll and I just flat out lost

-J
Old 08-26-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Sounds to me like you've got natural talent. Great kill!

Old 08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3VstangGT

anyway, this sure as hell made my day. im gonna go post it on LS1tech.com hahaha.
? kay
Old 08-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

i take new GTOs all the time in my car. its a hugguh orange transam (custom paint)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zerskijpac
i take new GTOs all the time in my car. its a hugguh orange transam (custom paint)
This guy has to be a joke. This whole hugguh orange thing is gonna kill me. Its like a repeat from last night with the whole viper kill thing.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beasst8
This guy has to be a joke. This whole hugguh orange thing is gonna kill me. Its like a repeat from last night with the whole viper kill thing.
LMFAO!! He's obviously a dumb, gay, annoying taint.... but, I find it humorus when we all make fun of him , so thats probably the only reason God put him on this Earth: to provide amusment to us beings with higher intelligence
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

long read but good story.

today, on my way home from school, i saw an 05/06 LS2 GTO up ahead in traffic, and decided to see if he wanted to play. so i pulled up along side him, and gave him the thumbs up. he returned it, and i threw it into second and gunned it a little to see if he would take the bait. didn't really go for it. but then as we pull up to a stoplight, he put his turn signal on and starts to get into the left turnlane, when suddenly he changed his mind and got back into the lane next to me. im like oh hell yea, theres only one reason he'd miss his turn. to take down a GT mustang. i looked at him, and gave him the nod, which he returned, and so then he gives an almighty REV and god it sounded beastly. i then returned. then we were both revving. oh god. classic musclecar scene. everyone around us stopped to look at what was about to go down. the light turns green. i get a perfect, and i mean freakin PERFECT holeshot launch. his, was, er, less than perfect haha. but he wasn't goin down that easy. i nailed a PERFECT 1-2 shift, burned the tires longer than usual on this shift, and pulled HARD through 2nd, him still in the same exact position, his front bumper at about my rear wheel. shifted into third, him pulling a tiny bit but almost struggling it seemed. weird. afterwards, we rolled down windows and i said "awesome race man!" and hes like "yea, i got a bad launch" and im like "yea i know lol, i got really lucky, those GTO's are tough as hell to launch" and hes like haha tell me about it. so then we parted ways, and i floored it goin around the corner. the tail kicked out nicely, but then apparently even though i had the TCS off, i felt an electronic nanny cut the throttle to like 20%, then when i got straight it was WOT again. anybody know how to permanently disable this crap? all cars have a testing/diagnostic mode, don't they?

anyway, i think my car is a factory freak. either that, or im a ridiculously good driver. this is the second superior car i've beaten. he should have started pulling on me more than he did. his car was in the full squatted, nose up, ***-down charging forward position, DEFINETLY WOT.

kind of ironic, i really wanted a 6.0 goat and still think they're one of the most badass cars out there.

and i don't know what the hell happened. this had to have been a fluke.
nice kill... up to what speed did u get up to?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill, sounds like you just out drove him. Those are the best.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Impossible... LS2>GT>hugguh
Old 08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats right Hugguh orange bitch
Old 08-26-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
Thats right Hugguh orange bitch

Old 08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car is fast because its black its fast by defalt But it dont have **** on Hugguh orange
Old 08-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Old 08-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00firebird
? kay

LOL. thats from when i posted it on mustangforums.

my first kill was an LS1 Camaro (WTF????) but he was auto.

we got up to 95. i know that past that i would have gotten EATEN ALIVE.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:26 AM
GTO
On The Tree

if u ever down in miami...tell me i would like to run you ...
Old 08-27-2006, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

LOL. thats from when i posted it on mustangforums.

my first kill was an LS1 Camaro (WTF????) but he was auto.

we got up to 95. i know that past that i would have gotten EATEN ALIVE.
ok then if u only got up to 95 then it wasn't really a race, and who races from 0-95..
Old 08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

I do. Actually to 80 is best...end of second..

Dan
Old 08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Good kill man. Looks like your driving got you that race. Gotta love that!

ps. could we just ignore the "hugguh orange (custom paint) guy...this is like the 5 thread I have seen where he is a straight-up dumbass and it sucks for the original poster when everyone on ls1tech has to give there 2cents on how gay this guy is instead of what the thread is supposed to be about.
thanks.