Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ford vs Chevy / Traxx Go-Kart Meet - Sat 28th

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford vs Chevy / Traxx Go-Kart Meet - Sat 29th

Sorry for the short notice ...

A few Ford / Cobra folk are meeting up at the Mukilteo Traxx this Saturday. Marc is setting up a track rental at least to obtain our own private session so we're not mixed in with other people.

We need 8 confirmed attendees in order to reserve track time and after that it's game on.

So get your slow, ugly *** Chevy out there and show those Ford guys whats up.

Hope you can make it. PM me if you need my cell.

Originally Posted by Venomous04
Ok here's the deal. We need to make reservations to ensure that it's just us on the track. To book a reservation we need at least 8 people and a credit card (more on that later).

Cost:
  • 1/2 hour of racing (3 x 10 minute races) is 46.65 each after tax EACH.
  • 20 minutes of racing (2 x 10 minute races) is 32.30 each after tax EACH.

If we book for the 20 minutes, those of us who wants to do another race can for about 10$ more and we'll still have the track to ourselves. So I suggest we book for 8 people for the 2x10 minute races and those who want to can do another 10 minute race.

Times available are 5:00pm & 6:00pm this Sat for reservations.

I'll update the list here with those who are confirmed for Sat. If you say you’re in then you are in! In other words if I have to pay for you backing out then you owe me capish! I'm going to be putting this on my credit card for the reservation so please reply if you will for sure be joining us.[/LIST]

Last edited by Tylerb59; 09-28-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Date 'fixt' - Thanks Poik.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They have a bottled beers for sale at the Traxx grill and perhaps we could all head out to Azteca down the road for some grub after the races.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like fun, too bad I'll be working, you guys could really use a good ***-whopping. It's amazing what a 150lb driver can do with those carts . I think you mean the 29th btw.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Sorry for the short notice ...

A few Ford / Cobra folk are meeting up at the Mukilteo Traxx this Saturday. Marc is setting up a track rental at least to obtain our own private session so we're not mixed in with other people.

We need 8 confirmed attendees in order to reserve track time and after that it's game on.

So get your slow, ugly *** Chevy out there and show those Ford guys whats up.

Hope you can make it. PM me if you need my cell.
To bad it is such short notice.

We used to do a Ford vs. Chevy thing every year up until a couple years ago in Auburn at Sykart. 10-12 teams of two people in a 1 hour nonstop enduro with a required at least one stop for driver change. Highest number of laps at the end would win. Carlo Sparacio used to organize it until he went professional.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

I remember the old enduro's, I would go trade paint if you guys gave more notice.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
I remember the old enduro's, I would go trade paint if you guys gave more notice.
Didn't you **** some people off on one of those events? I just remember you looking angry.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

just the course workers when they flagged me and I gave them the finger.. LOL
Old 09-29-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
just the course workers when they flagged me and I gave them the finger.. LOL
I think Pat got the worst of that one!

I would LOVE to go but need more notice. I have a Vette and a Blazer I HAVE to get done this weekend
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I think Pat got the worst of that one!

I would LOVE to go but need more notice. I have a Vette and a Blazer I HAVE to get done this weekend

I remember that one!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 AM
On The Tree

What was the turn out on this; anyone show up?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

8 Ford guys but no one from this forum.

We'll have to set something up further in advance. Marc was planning this several weeks ago on the SVT forum and I put a Ford vs Chevy spin on it to increase attendance.

It's a fun track but they removed the signature hill which was a big feature of the track. The key (for the future) is to rent out the track so everyone in the group is indeed from your group.

We had a few back markers in the field and another guy with a popped collar creating some problems by intentionally overshooting the braking zones to ram. Otherwise there is still some areas through the track for wheel to wheel racing (and a few punches to the shoulder) but the track prioritizes lap times for positioning and also display lap averages. Having back markers / traffic on the track really skew those lap times and minimize ones ability to run a clean lap.

I was able to thread the needle a few times through some turns between two other karts while flipping the bird which made it all worth it.

Last edited by Tylerb59; 09-30-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Ford vs Chevy / Traxx Go-Kart Meet - Sat 28th