Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

SBC 350 3" Dynomax Bullets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBC 350 3" Dynomax Bullets?

Anyone got any opinions on the Dynomax 3" Bullet race mufflers????

I'm thinking of going with 3" pipe from the header, straight into 3" dynomax bullets, and then dumps to the ground about under the seats, so pretty short exhaust system in all.... the idea for me, is to hvae it sound real loud (excessively loud to most people) and deep/powerful sounding...

my question is... I've always has flowmasters, never heard the dynomax bullets, anyone got any opinions on what they'd sound like on a pretty healthy 350???

thanks!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bill9000
Anyone got any opinions on the Dynomax 3" Bullet race mufflers????

I'm thinking of going with 3" pipe from the header, straight into 3" dynomax bullets, and then dumps to the ground about under the seats, so pretty short exhaust system in all.... the idea for me, is to hvae it sound real loud (excessively loud to most people) and deep/powerful sounding...

my question is... I've always has flowmasters, never heard the dynomax bullets, anyone got any opinions on what they'd sound like on a pretty healthy 350???

thanks!
I've run these on almost every car I've owned and continue to do so. It's almost amazing how quiet these things are just idling around town but as soon as you put your foot into it they can get obnoxious (to some).
Old 12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The Big Show
I've run these on almost every car I've owned and continue to do so. It's almost amazing how quiet these things are just idling around town but as soon as you put your foot into it they can get obnoxious (to some).
thank you for the info!!!!

I'm odd, I like to make noise! I'm hoping for a "ground shaker" even at idle.... maybe the 1-chamber flows would be better for my case!?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you for the info!!!!

I'm odd, I like to make noise! I'm hoping for a "ground shaker" even at idle.... maybe the 1-chamber flows would be better for my case!?
I use to run the one chambers and the bullets sound better IMO. One thing I did think about after I made that first post....the volume at idle was a hell of alot louder on my 700hp motor than my 400hp motor

So.....
Old 12-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

I use to run the one chambers and the bullets sound better IMO. One thing I did think about after I made that first post....the volume at idle was a hell of alot louder on my 700hp motor than my 400hp motor

So.....
Cool, when you say "sound better" does better mean deeper, or louder, or????

basically what I'm lookin' for here is a ground pounder, I want it to be as deep as possible and as loud as possible without running open headers... (which has been tempting for me)

my entire exhaust system, I am building this weekend, (I live right next to Summit to buy parts) and what I'm doing is off the 3" collectors on the headers, will be about 2' of 3" pipe, then into the 3" in/out mufflers, then turndowns to the ground.... my intent is to really be able to hear it inside the car, and out... I'm the kind guy who will drive iwth no radio, just to listen to the car. I just love a good sounding exhaust, by good, I mean deep and loud.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, when you say "sound better" does better mean deeper, or louder, or????

basically what I'm lookin' for here is a ground pounder, I want it to be as deep as possible and as loud as possible without running open headers... (which has been tempting for me)

my entire exhaust system, I am building this weekend, (I live right next to Summit to buy parts) and what I'm doing is off the 3" collectors on the headers, will be about 2' of 3" pipe, then into the 3" in/out mufflers, then turndowns to the ground.... my intent is to really be able to hear it inside the car, and out... I'm the kind guy who will drive iwth no radio, just to listen to the car. I just love a good sounding exhaust, by good, I mean deep and loud.
LOL...That is the setup I ran except with no turndowns. The turndowns will make it even louder. If loud is what you want you are building exactly what will make you happy. I know how you feel tho...my car has no radio for a reason

I just personally liked the sound of the bullets better than the one-chamber. Both were/are loud but the dynomax definitely had more depth. Both are suppose to be race mufflers but I noticed flowmaster has now come out with their own bullet race muffler. It's alot more expensive than the dynomax but I've never heard a car with one.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

LOL...That is the setup I ran except with no turndowns. The turndowns will make it even louder. If loud is what you want you are building exactly what will make you happy. I know how you feel tho...my car has no radio for a reason
Thank you very much for the help! I'm not really tryin to do too much other than have it sound loud and real deep, and scare the *&^#^# out of the little honda ricers around town

I appreciate the input!!! Thank you!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:42 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We went from a full 3" system with 40-series delta flows and turn-downs at the axle to bullets and town-outs just past the door on a 72 Nova with a 383 that makes 400 rwhp and runs 10.70s at 122 mph in the 1/4. Saved about 25-30 lbs and it is MUCH louder, almost open header sounding at both idle and wide open. I'm not sure whether some of the blame is having turn-outs as opposed to turn-downs, but the car ran baout a tenth quicker than the previous exhaust system.

Derek
Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Villain281H
We went from a full 3" system with 40-series delta flows and turn-downs at the axle to bullets and town-outs just past the door on a 72 Nova with a 383 that makes 400 rwhp and runs 10.70s at 122 mph in the 1/4. Saved about 25-30 lbs and it is MUCH louder, almost open header sounding at both idle and wide open. I'm not sure whether some of the blame is having turn-outs as opposed to turn-downs, but the car ran baout a tenth quicker than the previous exhaust system.

Derek
very cool, so the short exhaust system definitely increases noise, that's exactly what I'm hopin for!!!! and a tenth quicker than prior setup is good, so going from factory exhaust with cats and mufflers to what I'm doing should make a decent power increase as well I like the nova by the way in your sig.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

i'm thinking of dumping my 2 chamber flows and running the bullets.i have a dual 3 inch h pipe and with the chokemasters on it sounds great,thanks in no part to 11.5 cr 408,259/267 @.050 cam,but bullets is definitely deeper and louder.the interior drone is horrible,i actually think it won't be much louder on the inside with the bullets.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow trap
i'm thinking of dumping my 2 chamber flows and running the bullets.i have a dual 3 inch h pipe and with the chokemasters on it sounds great,thanks in no part to 11.5 cr 408,259/267 @.050 cam,but bullets is definitely deeper and louder.the interior drone is horrible,i actually think it won't be much louder on the inside with the bullets.

hmmm.... interesting... deeper with the bullets????? my whole goal is deep and loud.... the "drone" is just fine with me; actually, louder the better (just my opinion)

dammit, decisions, decisions.... methinks I'll still go with the 1-chambers, cause I have heard them and I know they sound good and are loud.

only reason for me to consider bullets, they are half the price!!!!! literally half.

Last edited by bill9000; 12-22-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

i had bullets on temporarily and definitely louder and some deeper but not alot.it's hard to beat the flows for deepness but the bullets turned down more and the flows i have are turned out so part of the depth could have been from the turndowns.

Quick Reply: SBC 350 3" Dynomax Bullets?