Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Holley Stealth Ram ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Stealth Ram ?

Ok once again this is for my 3rd gen friend since he lacks the net. He has to replace the plenum and base plate on his 350 TPI iroc because they are not working. He wants to go the route of the Holley Stealth Ram from thunderracing but is unsure whether or not to get the normal one or the one for vortec heads. He has a good amount of $$$ to work with since he just got back from Iraq but I dont know what he would need to run the vortec one as oppossed to the normal Stealth Ram or how much and how many more parts he would need. Also what is the difference in power if he stuck with the normal Stealth Ram and heads rather then the Vortec Stealth Ram & vortec heads kit. He intends to buy it today because his car is not running and he needs this replaced.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

It all depends on the heads he wants to use. The parts required are identical, its just that the Vortec HSR has the raised ports necessary for Vortec style heads. If he is doing a set of heads at the same time then pick the manifold that matches the intake ports.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 91Z28
It all depends on the heads he wants to use. The parts required are identical, its just that the Vortec HSR has the raised ports necessary for Vortec style heads. If he is doing a set of heads at the same time then pick the manifold that matches the intake ports.
thats part of the problem Im not a TPI guy and neither is he so I do not know what to recommend for heads he did go ahead and buy the normal HSR not the one for vortec heads
Old 06-10-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by popocamaro2
thats part of the problem Im not a TPI guy and neither is he so I do not know what to recommend for heads he did go ahead and buy the normal HSR not the one for vortec heads
He has a much bigger selection of heads then by going with the standard port. Vortecs are just good for budget builds, since they are so cheap and flow ok.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Veteran

if he gets new heads, he should go with trick flows kenny d's or jus some afr 210's with the standard hsr.. that l98 will in 4 words, wake the **** up. if he jus has a stock l98 hell still pick up a crap load of power and itll make the power curve more like the ls1's. i hve an hsr im trying to get rid of btw
Old 06-11-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
if he gets new heads, he should go with trick flows kenny d's or jus some afr 210's with the standard hsr.. that l98 will in 4 words, wake the **** up. if he jus has a stock l98 hell still pick up a crap load of power and itll make the power curve more like the ls1's. i hve an hsr im trying to get rid of btw
thanks he already paid thunderracing for one and had it rush delivered because his car is in the shop. for right now it is stock but he has this HSR system coming in he is trying to find which headers are the best for the L98 so he can buy them and he already has his eye on a torque conv & exhaust he did have a friend of his recommend. 210 afr`s i will tell him to check those out any idea on power increase with just the HSR , headers & exhaust ?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

thanks he already paid thunderracing for one and had it rush delivered because his car is in the shop. for right now it is stock but he has this HSR system coming in he is trying to find which headers are the best for the L98 so he can buy them and he already has his eye on a torque conv & exhaust he did have a friend of his recommend. 210 afr`s i will tell him to check those out any idea on power increase with just the HSR , headers & exhaust ?
I'd say 300 at the crank.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unless its the new manifold...the 210's won't fit unless you add metal. For a 350, I would say 195s and put a good cam with it.

I say about 260-280rwhp depending on cam choice.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

hsr's are worth a LOT of power. he could gain in the neigborhood of 50hp on the motor with jus the hsr. its a weiand hi ram converted to efi.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

The HSR will give HUGE gains over the stork TPI, although some torque will be lost on the low end.

Andrew
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
How much?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

It comes on a lil slow in the bottom picks up around 2K and goes like hell from there I put together a 383ci with Some Edelbrock E-tec 200's I was purposely trying to kill some low end grunt 'cause it goes into a '65 C-10 (raed as NO weight in the rear) The motor is running 10.5-1 with a Comp Cams XFI Hydraulic roller it is supposed to make 540fwhp @ around 4500rpm and 485fwtq at around 3800rpm. All these numbers are Dyno Sym with really accurate input info. So I figure it'll be relatively accurate.

If you want TQ go with smaller runners keep the Compression over 10-1 and match the converter if your running auto.

Also Wants2go is right it's just a Weiand Tunnel Ram set up for F.I. and all reports are that it's good for at least over 50HP on a unaltered motor with some loss in the bottom for TQ but a HELL of alot more on the top the stock TPI is running out of air @ 4500 rpm and the HSR smokes it and climps farther than any SBC should ever go.

All in all he should be happy

Quick Reply: Holley Stealth Ram ?