Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hunter's Performance Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Hunter's Performance Solutions

On June 20th I bought a 99 Z28 from Chris at HPS and drove 6 hours to Dallas, GA to pick it up. He seemed like a great guy, was very straightforward, and was very helpful.

The problem was, he was waiting on the title to be transferred into his name from a customer, who was thye previous owner of the car. I told him no problem, I wasn't against waiting a few weeks or so for the title, not realizing it would be over two months or potentially more. He gave me a photocopy of the title that he had signed and mailed off to be transferred into his name and a bill of sale.

I trailered the car back to Milton, FL and parked it in the garage to wait for the title. I have spoke to Chris on and off throughout this period of time, but it seems he never answers his phone (the shop phone number (678)551-8422 which is a cell), doesn't reply to text messages, doesn't return phone calls, and his message box is always full. He finally answered Friday the 24th (last week) and told me he had mailed the title at the beginning of the month certified mail. I have not received anything yet and I have checked with the post office several times. I asked Chris to give me a call/text when he mails it or figures out what the status is with no response.

I am not saying Chris is a bad guy, but to be honest his communication has been terrible after I paid for the car. I hate jumping to conclusions and it is my understanding he just expanded to a bigger shop and has been very busy, but how hard is it to mail out the title to a car you have already been paid for? If someone knows a better way to get in contact with him please let me know. It's not cool having a car in the garage that can't be driven or used whatsoever that you bought over two months ago. I have tried calling him on more than several occasions this week to figure out what's going on with no answer and a full voicemail box.

I appreciate any help,
Ben

Last edited by b0pric01; 10-02-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Shop # is 770-445-9994

Might be why you cant get anyone.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hunter is no longer a sponsor so I moved your thread to the southern section where he sometimes visits.

Good luck.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the responses, I will give him a call at that number tomorrow. I am not out to bash him or anything like that; he seemed like a nice guy and seemed very honest. I just want the title to the car I bought and it's just been a little rough to get in contact with him.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really, you have called me several times this week with no answere and a full box??? What about when I talked to you 3 different times on Friday?? I missed your call on Friday and then returned your call a hour later. Then your phone cut off, and I called you back but no answere. Then you called back and I answered and talked with you for a few minutes before your phone cutting out again. Once again I called you back before your phone cutting out once again. As far as the title go's, when you picked up the car you knew the situation with the title was totally cool with it. You told me you were going to fix a few things on the car and so on so it was no big deal.
Now all of a sudden things have changed?

The SHOP# is 770-445-9994
My CELL# is 678-551-8422

Chris
Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Really, you have called me several times this week with no answere and a full box??? What about when I talked to you 3 different times on Friday?? I missed your call on Friday and then returned your call a hour later. Then your phone cut off, and I called you back but no answere. Then you called back and I answered and talked with you for a few minutes before your phone cutting out again. Once again I called you back before your phone cutting out once again. As far as the title go's, when you picked up the car you knew the situation with the title was totally cool with it. You told me you were going to fix a few things on the car and so on so it was no big deal.
Now all of a sudden things have changed?

The SHOP# is 770-445-9994
My CELL# is 678-551-8422

Chris
Chris,

I have tried to contact you many times with either no answer on your cell and a full message box, or a busy tone at your shop. You did return my call Friday and I appreciate it, but I was in the grocery and my phone was dropping calls. When I got out I tried calling you back with no answer.

I am not trying to argue with you man, I just want the title to the car. I'm not sure if you took my post as attacking you but it wasn't meant that way, I was just looking for another way to contact you. When I looked on here, the only username I saw was Chris@HPS that hadn't been logged on for a while. I have tried to call you several times this morning at the shop and your cell with either a busy tone or a full message box.

Any chance you could just call me? That would be great.

Thanks,
Ben
(502) 714-9560
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

So what's the latest on this??? You get your title?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS

Its in the works. He is aware of what is going on with it.

Chris
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

I have Chris' mom's #.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS

Yeah, sorry for no update, been busy with school. Chris contacted me and the title should be on it's way.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

I texted his cell phone yesterday at 1:00 PM, called both numbers at 2:00 PM, and left a message at the shop. No answer and no answers at either number just now.

I got a reply from him after I posted in here last time, let's see how it goes this time.

Edit: Apparently I misunderstood his text message a few weeks ago and the title is still being transferred into his name and will then be mailed to me. I still have not talked to him, but realized it today at the DMV when they told me the car was still in the previous owner's name and had not been transferred yet. Hopefully it will get transferred and sent my way within the next couple weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by b0pric01; 09-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

Don't buy anything without a title. Ever.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Dp..,.......
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by david068513
Don't buy anything without a title. Ever.
I agree now, definitely learned a lesson. Got the title Saturday. I should be able to get to the DMV tomorrow afternoon, I'll post up when it's actually in my name.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

I just tried calling his cell and shop, along with texting his cell phone.

The problem this time is that he never actually transferred the title into his name. I took it to the DMV to see if they could do anything, but they said I have to mail it back to him and he has to get it put into his name first.

Also, on closer inspection, the title he sent me is exactly the same as the title he gave me a photocopy of on June 20th... Why did it take over three months to get me a piece of paper he had before I purchased the car? This is turning out to be a VERY frustrating lesson.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded for a Vette with a title issue that is now fixed and I to am waiting on the title to come back so I can sell the car.

State's are in NO hurry at all to get your title to you.

Be patient, burning Hunter's phone up aint gonna hurry it up any.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

DOR/ Motor Vehicle Division
1200 Tradeport Boulevard
Hapeville, GA 30354
(404) 675-4947

He can get the title tranferred in about 30 minutes to an hour.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

hello to all
i had been thankfull to camaro 5 forum becouse they that told me that dont mess around our sponsor
plz read my story & reply me your
i had paid for turbo kit to hps ( hunter performance solution )to the owner my chris
i had paid him before 6 mounth ago & waiting to get my turbo kit
anyone cam help me to catch chris of hunter performance solution
plz call me on 6313530515
camaro 5 forum help the people who rob money form coustomer becouse the vender on there forum are there silver sponsor
i am talking about hps hunterperformance solution
www.huntersperformancesolutions.com plz be aware about them
Thank you
Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by azim_alware51272625
hello to all
i had been thankfull to camaro 5 forum becouse they that told me that dont mess around our sponsor
i had paid for turbo kit to hps ( hunter performance solution )to the owner my chris
camaro 5 forum help the people who rob money form coustomer becouse the vender on there forum are there silver sponsor
Thank you

Now that's some classic ****.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by azim_alware51272625
hello to all
Thank you
Hunter is a sponsor over on MCE and a very active member there. If you need to get in touch with him that site will be a better bet than this one...

http://www.musclecar-evolution.com/forums/

Quick Reply: Hunter's Performance Solutions