Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hunter's Performance Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012 | 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

No title. He texted me a week or so ago and said he would have it in 7-10 days and then it would be on its way. He texted me a picture of the receipt for the title that has his name on it, so hopefully he is done dragging his feet on all of this.

Edit: And Shadow, that is the same car that's sitting in my garage LOL. It seems like the previous owner tried to cheap out on a lot of stuff. I'm thinking I might have to replace the trans and possibly the heads, but even with all that considered I won't have too much invested in the car. I don't plan on putting a 200 shot on the car or anything dumb; it's just going to be my ride to work and back in nice weather.
Old 11-29-2012 | 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by b0pric01
No title. He texted me a week or so ago and said he would have it in 7-10 days and then it would be on its way. He texted me a picture of the receipt for the title that has his name on it, so hopefully he is done dragging his feet on all of this.

Edit: And Shadow, that is the same car that's sitting in my garage LOL. It seems like the previous owner tried to cheap out on a lot of stuff. I'm thinking I might have to replace the trans and possibly the heads, but even with all that considered I won't have too much invested in the car. I don't plan on putting a 200 shot on the car or anything dumb; it's just going to be my ride to work and back in nice weather.
I hear you, i just figured id show you the thread, i have always been one that if i sell something to be straight up about it so if you didnt know i wanted you to know cause i hate finding out alot after its all said and done. Anyway hope it all works out for you soon
Old 11-30-2012 | 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shadow_WS6
I hear you, i just figured id show you the thread, i have always been one that if i sell something to be straight up about it so if you didnt know i wanted you to know cause i hate finding out alot after its all said and done. Anyway hope it all works out for you soon
Thanks for the heads up. I knew none of this until I started messing with the car, then I had a few ideas but nothing concrete.
Old 12-01-2012 | 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Glad I saw this thread. Was thinking about getting a turbo setup and tune from him.
Old 12-02-2012 | 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 85Iroc
Glad I saw this thread. Was thinking about getting a turbo setup and tune from him.
Honestly I would avoid him completely. Since posting a thread here and on MCE I have had numerous people PM me to tell me their trouble with him as well. I am just glad I didn't have too much money involved as some of them do.

He texted me Friday and said he was mailing me the title, but then he texted me this afternoon and said he was mailing it today. I guess he figured it has been over 5 months, what's another two days for me to wait?

Edit: I asked him why he didn't mail it Friday and his response was that he forgot it at home when he drove to work. It's good to know this isn't very high on his list of priorities.

Last edited by b0pric01; 12-02-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2012 | 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

^ I'll never give HPS any business after reading this. If you haven't received the title by the time flight school is over, I'd be talking to a lawyer. Or just come to atlanta and kick some ***
Old 12-04-2012 | 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rio95cobra
^ I'll never give HPS any business after reading this. If you haven't received the title by the time flight school is over, I'd be talking to a lawyer. Or just come to atlanta and kick some ***
LOL I don't plan on ruining my career over this, but I should have the title by tomorrow or at least the end of the week.

The funny thing is, he is very aware of this thread but won't post any explanation because he knows there isn't one. He asked me to remove this thread once I receive the title, which I refuse to do. I guess it should be swept under the rug since he got me the title in just under 6 months, only after threatening him with a lawyer and posting on one of his main forums.

I just want any future customers of his to know what kind of person they would possibly be getting into business with. His work may be good enough to justify his lack of communication and tardiness, but from the PM's I have received I really, really doubt that.

I might even post up screenshots of the texts between the two of us, if anyone doubts the complete lack of communication skills he showed only AFTER he got my money, but I doubt that will be necessary.
Old 12-05-2012 | 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Got the title today and got it transferred into my name at the DMV today. I should have a physical copy in my name in 7-10 days. 5 months and 15 days since I paid for and picked up the car. I learned a big lesson through all of this: never buy a car without a title in hand no matter how legitimate the seller seems to be.
Old 12-06-2012 | 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

NEVER

Lots of bad info been posted lately of this, bad tunes, blown motors, etc...all from his shop
Old 12-06-2012 | 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Got the title today and got it transferred into my name at the DMV today. I should have a physical copy in my name in 7-10 days. 5 months and 15 days since I paid for and picked up the car. I learned a big lesson through all of this: never buy a car without a title in hand no matter how legitimate the seller seems to be.
Glad to hear you got everything straight finally.
Originally Posted by david068513
NEVER

Lots of bad info been posted lately of this, bad tunes, blown motors, etc...all from his shop
Yeah my buddies car had a tune from him that spit and sputtered broke up up top no power down low, and when he called to have him look at it was going to charge full price to fix his own tune. So he scraped the hunters sticker off took it somewhere else and made more power on motor with a nitrous tune than his did on a full motor tune
Old 12-10-2012 | 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Glad you got your title and you can finally put some rubber to the ground....legally... ive been through that same **** and its not something i want do to again lol
Old 07-19-2013 | 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that Chris' conduct in this incident and comments in this thread alone regarding the situation have completely turned me off to his business. I will spread the word to any potential customers as well. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 07-19-2013 | 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast
10 Year Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1615254-fs-ls1-shortblock.html

here is a thread where i bought an ls1 shortblock from chris hunter. im never buying anything from him again. idc if it saves me $1000

long story short. i waited 5 weeks to get the engine, yes it shipped from GA to CLE, Oh. but shipping only took a week. when i got it it came missing parts. also i paid him an extra $40 for shipping.
Old 07-28-2013 | 08:10 AM
9 Second Club

He's out of business now
Old 08-24-2014 | 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say I'm very glad to hear he is out of business and very sorry to hear others have had to put up with him. Hopefully he doesn't find any other rich old women to put him back in business.
Old 10-13-2014 | 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say I'm very glad to hear he is out of business and very sorry to hear others have had to put up with him. Hopefully he doesn't find any other rich old women to put him back in business.
This sounds like juicy gossip that you should most certainly share on the internet
Old 11-01-2014 | 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by autogeek23
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1615254

here is a thread where i bought an ls1 shortblock from chris hunter. im never buying anything from him again. idc if it saves me $1000

long story short. i waited 5 weeks to get the engine, yes it shipped from GA to CLE, Oh. but shipping only took a week. when i got it it came missing parts. also i paid him an extra $40 for shipping.
That's some crazy ****! 2 years later I find out where my motor went,this was my motor at 18 years old I was suppose to be building forged internals for boost,while I was out of state for a few months,after giving him money for the progress when I returned to see my update the motor was gone and was out a few thousand

Quick Reply: Hunter's Performance Solutions