Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Benefit show in Vicksburg, MS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Benefit show in Vicksburg, MS

*EVENT UPDATE* Due to the forecast of thunderstorms in Vicksburg for the 22 & 23 this event is being rescheduled for April 6th.

Good afternoon everyone! I would like to gauge interest in a benefit showing of cars for an event I am having in a few weeks. I am the area manager for some H&R Block franchises and every March we hold a small benefit festival to gather donations to a local charity or non-profit. We usually have a radio station appearance, police/firetrucks, food,activities for children and a raffle. I would like to see if anyone would be interested in bringing their car out to show it off during this time. I will have space for approximately 6-10 vehicles and the greater the diversity the better. Unfortunately there will be no prizes or awards given for the show as this is all to gather funds to donate to the Vicksburg CAP Center. Please let me know if you would like to participate in this event. It will be held March 23rd from 10am-1pm. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Last edited by Decadence75; 03-21-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Reschedule of event
Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Where is this being held at? I live in vicksburg
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
Where is this being held at? I live in vicksburg
It is going to be at 3046 Indiana Ave in the parking lot of Corner Market right next to I-20. Let me know if you have any other questions or want to bring your car out. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish my 98 SS was ready for a little show, but to many "flaws" right now like that good ole GM Clearcoat peel haha
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by theCure
I wish my 98 SS was ready for a little show, but to many "flaws" right now like that good ole GM Clearcoat peel haha
The car doesn't actually need to be show quality to participate. Mine has several scratches in it, one of them pretty bad and a little issue with some of the clear where the side moulding used to be. So far mine is the only car that is confirmed to be there although we will have about a dozen or so motorcycles and some old tractors for folks to look at. It isn't going to be a large showing, just a small event that we hold each year to raise funds for a charity. The cars/motorcycles/antique tractors are more of something for the children to look at and to attract folks over to the event. You are more than welcome to come if you want
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

If only my Trans am were ready.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mesterious
If only my Trans am were ready.
There is always next year! Hope your bird is back running in time to take advantage of the upcoming warm weather.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 95% sure I am going to be there since my wife has to have her van at Home Depot at 10:30 for hail damage assessment that morning.... Like I said its ugly and not anywhere nice enough for show but Ill bring it anyways. Never hurts to meet new folks with love for these cars. Haha
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by theCure
I am 95% sure I am going to be there since my wife has to have her van at Home Depot at 10:30 for hail damage assessment that morning.... Like I said its ugly and not anywhere nice enough for show but Ill bring it anyways. Never hurts to meet new folks with love for these cars. Haha
Sounds great, I look forward to meeting you! Mine isn't the prettiest either when you get up close but the sound she puts out generally makes people forget about the dings and scratches

Sorry to hear about the van damage. Luckily I was at work in madison during the storm so the car avoided any damage but the house wasn't so fortunate. I had 3 windows blown out, gutters are all beat to hell, the fireplace cap got bent to a 45* angle and a good portion of the roof shingles are broken.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Due to the forecast of thunderstorms for the area this weekend, this event is being rescheduled for Saturday April 6th 10am - 1pm.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Decadence75
There is always next year! Hope your bird is back running in time to take advantage of the upcoming warm weather.
For sure. I plan to crank and drive it in the coming weeks. SOOO ready.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mesterious
For sure. I plan to crank and drive it in the coming weeks. SOOO ready.
Well the event was delayed due to weather so if you have it running by April 6th I would love to have you there.

Quick Reply: Benefit show in Vicksburg, MS