Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Possible Georgia move...Braselton

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Possible Georgia move...Braselton

Well... talks of moving company north, seem like it may actually happen. Originally an OHIO dude...living in South Florida now for years(I grew up here). I will admit....a little apprehensive to move outside the state(of Florida) and away from the Ocean but...I guess the older I get, the more I don't mind (35 yrs old). I do like the ability to do whatever just about, at almost all hours of the day and night...meaning a lot of stuff available to do...weather shop...or go out to a bar....whatever here in Florida, Boca Raton. Also, I'm near a college now so...lots of a variety here in women.

My question is, what's it like in that area? It SEEMS like we might be in the middle of Road Atlanta and the dragstrip.... hows the local car scene there? Night life? Anything to do worth while? I haven't been to Georgia since I was a kid...and I have not visited this specific area. Places to avoid..not avoid..etc..would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing definite but...it's looking that way.

Thanks, in advance.

J
Old 08-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of things to do in Atlanta but i hate it there. Also road Atlanta is in South Atlanta and the Atlanta drag strip isn't in Atlanta at all lol. Its in Commerce Ga which is like an hour away. So lucky you you'll be able to drag race a lot. I know on the weekends in Atlanta there is a huge car scene can't remember where but street racing is big
Old 08-14-2014, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Lots of things to do in Atlanta but i hate it there. Also road Atlanta is in South Atlanta and the Atlanta drag strip isn't in Atlanta at all lol. Its in Commerce Ga which is like an hour away. So lucky you you'll be able to drag race a lot. I know on the weekends in Atlanta there is a huge car scene can't remember where but street racing is big
Nice. I went to Atlanta years ago...wasn't a big fan but, I wasn't an adult then so...who knows how/what it's like now. if you hate it there...lol...doesn't sound to great to me, dammit. Thanks for the info man...I appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Banned

lol you're welcome! i just think its the ghetto and i hate the traffic, im more of a country guy my self.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Braselton is no where near Atlanta or traffic. Although the traffic is getting close. Hamilton mill is one exit south. I've worked in Braselton for 15 years. Buildings are cheap and we are north of Atlanta. Road A is 5 miles away, AMP is about 45 minutes away, and commerce (Atlanta dragway) is 15 minutes north. There's also Tanger outlets in commerce for shopping. 15 minutes south is mall of Georgia, tons of crap to do there. Athens is also 45 minutes away if you want to go college bar hopping. I retract my first statement, Atlanta is 45 minutes south. Vengeance is in cumming, which is an hour north toward TN. There's also a sweet new 100yd indoor range about 12 miles down the road
Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol you're welcome! i just think its the ghetto and i hate the traffic, im more of a country guy my self.
Originally Posted by Jenson
Braselton is no where near Atlanta or traffic. Although the traffic is getting close. Hamilton mill is one exit south. I've worked in Braselton for 15 years. Buildings are cheap and we are north of Atlanta. Road A is 5 miles away, AMP is about 45 minutes away, and commerce (Atlanta dragway) is 15 minutes north. There's also Tanger outlets in commerce for shopping. 15 minutes south is mall of Georgia, tons of crap to do there. Athens is also 45 minutes away if you want to go college bar hopping. I retract my first statement, Atlanta is 45 minutes south. Vengeance is in cumming, which is an hour north toward TN. There's also a sweet new 100yd indoor range about 12 miles down the road

After living in a small town(beachtown) then moved a little here and there..I have dealt with WICKED TRAFFIC...everyday. I know people deal with worse but for me,...it was the main cause of stress in my life. I moved 5 minutes from work now...I honestly ride a bike to work quicker then I can drive to work..it's that close. So, the stress relief has been awesome. I would REALLY like to avoid any traffic...not wanting to kill people everyday is pretty awesome.

Jenson, awesome info, thank you. The 100 yard range sounds awesome. Braselton doesn't sound so bad. I grew up surfing...never did any of the white water rafting stuff at all but always looked like fun. You guys have that kind of stuff up that ways? Or nearby? The Georgia half mile...heavens gate or something? Is that close? I need to start looking a little more. I dunno time frame but these guys are looking serious...I rent now so, I can get up and go anywhere tomorrow...they know that. So, it may happen soon.

Thanks for the info guys, I do appreciate it. It'll be weird leaving everyone I know but...being a ninja, I can handle it.

The 100yard range,..all types of rounds/caliber?
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Banned

Honestly being that close to Atlanta you wanna find as much land for the cheapest amount as possible and live there. You will at least double your profit later on. Assuming that is the place you will live until you retire
Old 08-15-2014, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

The range is called the Georgia gun club, lots of pictures on their website. Yea any caliber as far as I know. Both times I've been they didn't even ask what I was shooting, where as the one by my house always asks. I assume the GGC has a really nice trap.

There's an outdoor 100 yard range about 45 minutes north of Braselton too, and instead of $35 it's only $3.

There are some class 5 rapids in blue ridge, which is about 3 hours away. They have slower stuff too.

heaven's landing is in Clayton, a little over an hour. That race is coming up soon, I can't wait!!

I live 40 miles north of Braselton, but grew up 5 miles away in Dacula. There's no such thing as traffic on my route, ever, unless there's some sort of catastrophic wreck
Old 08-15-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Honestly being that close to Atlanta you wanna find as much land for the cheapest amount as possible and live there. You will at least double your profit later on. Assuming that is the place you will live until you retire
Good advice...I honestly don't know what I am doing lol. I would be a first time home buyer more then likely up there just not sure how soon it will happen. I wouldn't mind some property...

The range is called the Georgia gun club, lots of pictures on their website. Yea any caliber as far as I know. Both times I've been they didn't even ask what I was shooting, where as the one by my house always asks. I assume the GGC has a really nice trap.

There's an outdoor 100 yard range about 45 minutes north of Braselton too, and instead of $35 it's only $3.

There are some class 5 rapids in blue ridge, which is about 3 hours away. They have slower stuff too.

heaven's landing is in Clayton, a little over an hour. That race is coming up soon, I can't wait!!

I live 40 miles north of Braselton, but grew up 5 miles away in Dacula. There's no such thing as traffic on my route, ever, unless there's some sort of catastrophic wreck

Awesome to hear dude. Sounds kinda not so bad. I drive 1.5 hours every weekend just about to work on my car or projects so a slight drive...no traffic....don't sound bad at all. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I have been wanting to go to a runway event for a while now in my own car...it's getting closer to being finished...so..who knows..if I make it to Georgia..I will enter that event for sure.

We'll see what happens. Any more info...keep it coming. Much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Banned

Hell yea im moving to 18 acres of land and on the back 12 acres we are turning the perimeter into a track thats gonna be 10ft wide. That way we have a little square track to race the dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, trucks etc...
Old 08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

I'd definitely buy some land and build if I was in your shoes. Somewhere in the Jefferson area. Or if you don't mind an hour drive to work then buy some property on lake Hartwell
Old 08-18-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hell yea im moving to 18 acres of land and on the back 12 acres we are turning the perimeter into a track thats gonna be 10ft wide. That way we have a little square track to race the dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, trucks etc...

Now that is cool. I grew up surfing, and riding dirt bikes on friends private tracks in Florida at there house. That was pretty sweet.

I'd definitely buy some land and build if I was in your shoes. Somewhere in the Jefferson area. Or if you don't mind an hour drive to work then buy some property on lake Hartwell

I'll look into it for sure. The water would be awesome...I bought a kayak but, since moved from that water front property, and havent used it. Been wanting to for 6 months now. Will look into that for sure.

Driving an hour?...I dunno..depends on the drive I guess. How are the highway patrol? Does your state allow radar detectors? I remember as a kid that one of the states we drove through didn't allow them.... but, it's been years. I kinda have a speeding problem., so I honestly avoid long drives cause it's a liability for me lol. Fortunately the truck keeps me somewhat docile as my daily increasing maturity level.

Again, thanks for the insight fellas.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Radar detectors allowed. But when you're in those rural areas their only source of revenue are speeders. You can do 85-90 through downtown ATL unnoticed but as soon as you get out of town you can get nailed for 80 in a 65.
Braselton traffic should be a joke compared to south florida (I lived in Miami for a year while commuting to Ft. Laudy)
Great car culture in the Braselton area. Year One is located there and the previously mentioned tracks are nearby. The only "Atlanta" track that's not close is Atlanta Motor Speedway, but honestly you're not missin much there. The nearby tracks are where it's at.
Property values compared to SoFla should be a huge relief--along with taxes and property insurance (what are hurricanes?)
Old 08-18-2014, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Radar detectors allowed. But when you're in those rural areas their only source of revenue are speeders. You can do 85-90 through downtown ATL unnoticed but as soon as you get out of town you can get nailed for 80 in a 65.
Braselton traffic should be a joke compared to south florida (I lived in Miami for a year while commuting to Ft. Laudy)
Great car culture in the Braselton area. Year One is located there and the previously mentioned tracks are nearby. The only "Atlanta" track that's not close is Atlanta Motor Speedway, but honestly you're not missin much there. The nearby tracks are where it's at.
Property values compared to SoFla should be a huge relief--along with taxes and property insurance (what are hurricanes?)
Allowed? Sweet. Kinda sucks but makes sense about radar traps...can't seem to avoid those babies. Cool beans on the traffic, or lack of. Like I said....stresses me out...would live to avoid. Looking into buying a house now here for a while...flood this, flood that...insurance here or there...I have indeed learned a lot about that kinda stuff....but it will be a nice change and a new learning curve I am sure when it comes to real-estate(which I am a rookie on) in Georgia.

Love hearing that it's a car(motorsports) community...as it's the only thing I know. Still waiting to hear/see how things play out with the possible move....will keep posted.

I appreciate the info, again, thanks.

J
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

aint **** in braselton but road atlanta
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DietCoke
aint **** in braselton but road atlanta
Like ain't ****, as in literal poop....?

Kidding.

What's nearby? For example....I had a kickass lunch(nice bar type place) the other day...right by my house...good looking women everywhere...from college aged to middle aged... it's like that every sunday...and a few times during the week. Anything like that? Any good restaurants?
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

The speed traps from my house to Braselton are in 2 places. You learn where they are real quick. I know quite a lot of police, most of the "speed traps" on my drive are for drugs, they could care less if your doing 80+. Highway Patrol really cracked down on 85 from the Mall of GA to 285 recently though. Do not speed through there.

There are quite a 2 tilted kilts around Mall of Georgia/Suwannee area. There is a Jeffery's in Braselton, havent been in a while but there used to be a lot of hot women in there. Theres plenty of little places to eat lunch nearby (within 3 minutes). Hamilton Mill area has more places to eat and is one exit south.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

The speed traps from my house to Braselton are in 2 places. You learn where they are real quick. I know quite a lot of police, most of the "speed traps" on my drive are for drugs, they could care less if your doing 80+. Highway Patrol really cracked down on 85 from the Mall of GA to 285 recently though. Do not speed through there.

There are quite a 2 tilted kilts around Mall of Georgia/Suwannee area. There is a Jeffery's in Braselton, havent been in a while but there used to be a lot of hot women in there. Theres plenty of little places to eat lunch nearby (within 3 minutes). Hamilton Mill area has more places to eat and is one exit south.

Good heads up.

What I live to right now...I can walk here(in the video),,, lots of resturants, bars, movies theaters, club(if you wanna call it that)..and some over priced store fronts... anything like this? (disregard dude and commentary in video...just the first vid I found of where I live).

I understand Georgia isn't Florida, and vice versa....all I mean is...it's nice to have places nearby to go grab a drink.....or even people watch..anything like THAT?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Not boutique setup like that, but the mall of Georgia has it all. And it has everything in walking distance. There's a tin lizzies in the boardwalk there now, they do live music on the weekends. Lots of eye there too. Then right across from it is the cheese cake factory lol. There's a pavilion in the middle that they use for local bands too. There's A Taco Mac over on the other side too. If you wanna go bar hoping then Athens or Atlanta you must go.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not boutique setup like that, but the mall of Georgia has it all. And it has everything in walking distance. There's a tin lizzies in the boardwalk there now, they do live music on the weekends. Lots of eye there too. Then right across from it is the cheese cake factory lol. There's a pavilion in the middle that they use for local bands too. There's A Taco Mac over on the other side too. If you wanna go bar hoping then Athens or Atlanta you must go.
10-4

Good info to know. I don't wanna go to a desolate place...sounds like it has some potential? dietcoke is not a fan lol. Elaborate!

Quick Reply: Possible Georgia move...Braselton