Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

thinkin of moving to south carolina

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinkin of moving to south carolina

like it says thinking of moving ,shop to south carolinia lots of tracks down south any one on here ,from there, thnx bob
Old 06-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Banned

Hey where in sc ?? I live in greenville and there is 3to4 1/8 tracks here and there are a couple 1/4 might take an hour or 2 depending what part of sc your moving to. If you want me and a bunch of friends are regulars at the tracks down here and will gladly meet up with you when your are willing to do some running .
Old 06-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Banned

Do you have a link of your shop ? There isnt hardly any performance shops down here in sc and i think it would do some major coin in right location with that being only one place to go and it is for imports
Old 06-18-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2001z
Hey where in sc ?? I live in greenville and there is 3to4 1/8 tracks here and there are a couple 1/4 might take an hour or 2 depending what part of sc your moving to. If you want me and a bunch of friends are regulars at the tracks down here and will gladly meet up with you when your are willing to do some running .
we were thinking of going to the Aikens, area,as some of our faster car customers,do there testing at Carolinia dragway, bob
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

If you are moving to the Aiken/North Augusta area then you'll be right up the road (15-20 mins depending) from Carolina Dragway which is in Jackson, SC and arguably one of the best 1/4 mile tracks in the south. My family from both sides lives and came from the Augusta/North Augusta area and we love it there. Land is cheap, not too many people on the SC side, right by Clark Hill Lake (aka Strom Thurmond Lake) and a big muscle car scene. Hope to see you around if you head out this way!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

well when you guys decide to come down if you do send me a pm for i can come and check everything out
Old 06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Out1aw
If you are moving to the Aiken/North Augusta area then you'll be right up the road (15-20 mins depending) from Carolina Dragway which is in Jackson, SC and arguably one of the best 1/4 mile tracks in the south. My family from both sides lives and came from the Augusta/North Augusta area and we love it there. Land is cheap, not too many people on the SC side, right by Clark Hill Lake (aka Strom Thurmond Lake) and a big muscle car scene. Hope to see you around if you head out this way!

weve been down there 2 times in the last few months trying to find some land... as of right now were looking into a couple pieces that might work for us and just trying to figure out various cost associated with the move, since its basically a pick up and moved deal for 2 families(my father and mother, and me /my girl and her daughter) we've looked mainly in the jackson area and in area's in a 5-10 minute radius of the city of akien.....

we'll be intouch for sure if we do get this done...we'll need to know where the hangouts are

jay
Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Launching!

I bought my last 2 trans ams in aiken. Its about an hour from my families house. If oyu do make the move be sure to let me know and I'll come check it out.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool.
check out FastGM.com... thats our local SC board... theres really just two groups of us... the lowcountry crew, based mostly around Charleston... and the Upstate peeps, almost all of them around that area you're talking about... stop in, say hi.. if you're going to have a shop here, you'll meet most of these guys anyway..
Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

btw, prepare for a culture shock compared to new york. LOL!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
we were thinking of going to the Aikens, area,as some of our faster car customers,do there testing at Carolinia dragway, bob

Here is the deal also. The City of Augusta is going through the process of getting bids on an entire drag racing complex in South Augusta. They are looking at trying to get a major event (IHRA or even NHRA) to come down there. Alot of talk going on and the board actually approved the contract bidding to begin. Look for that in the future.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:40 AM
12 Second Club

I live in Aiken. It is a great place to live. Its expanding at a pretty rapid rate, and there currently aren't any major performance minded shops in town. It is a 15 min ride from Carolina Dragway, and a 30-40min ride to Augusta. Town is great. Not too crowded, but not some small hick town.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

we just got back this week have a bid on house and land right by track for shop , which we also went to see builder on the shop, 5000 square feet ,not to bad, ,we will see what happens ,
now if we could just get them to mooovvvee a little faaasssttteeer,LOL ,bob
heres some picts of my sons car we are/he is building, 315,radial tire with room for a 390,

25.2 stock suspended car,
heres a pict of my streeter [25.5 also stock suspended car]

hope to be there soon, bob

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 08-16-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Default property,

heres what we just bought,

to put the shop, maybe now i can run my cars, bob

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 08-24-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Default nobody lives in SC

nobody lives in SC ???bob
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I live in Aiken... Moved here from Baltimore about 12 yrs ago.. Just bought a 2002 SS 6 speed 35th Ann... Summer humidity is a little extreme, and no snow for the most part in the winter.... I think your business will do great here... Everyone is right, not anyone around that I know of capable of doing good / trust-worthy work on my car.. Are you planning on putting a Dyno in your shop? I would kill for a good dyno-tune, among some other things...

You going to be in town anytime soon?

Tom
Old 08-24-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tom Burns
I live in Aiken... Moved here from Baltimore about 12 yrs ago.. Just bought a 2002 SS 6 speed 35th Ann... Summer humidity is a little extreme, and no snow for the most part in the winter.... I think your business will do great here... Everyone is right, not anyone around that I know of capable of doing good / trust-worthy work on my car.. Are you planning on putting a Dyno in your shop? I would kill for a good dyno-tune, among some other things...

You going to be in town anytime soon?

Tom
what part,ive been down there so much this year,im getting to know it
i will probably be down in a few weeks for closing on house and property,as we have a few money cars to bring down to test,so trying to kill 2-3 birds with one stone,so to speak, bob
Old 08-25-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

im in SC... charleston. to be exact.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
what part,ive been down there so much this year,im getting to know it
i will probably be down in a few weeks for closing on house and property,as we have a few money cars to bring down to test,so trying to kill 2-3 birds with one stone,so to speak, bob
I live in a subdivision named Gatewood. It is close to Wiskey Road. That is the road the Aiken Mall, Walmart , Lowes, Home Depot and a bunch of other stores are on. I'm about 25 mins from Jackson Dragway. Have not been there yet with my new car, because I need a better clutch..

Hope to see you soon...
Tom
Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tom Burns
I live in a subdivision named Gatewood. It is close to Wiskey Road. That is the road the Aiken Mall, Walmart , Lowes, Home Depot and a bunch of other stores are on. I'm about 25 mins from Jackson Dragway. Have not been there yet with my new car, because I need a better clutch..

Hope to see you soon...
Tom
yea i know whiskey road[19], we stay at the holiday inn, up from the mall, been through most of the subdivisions up there in the last 6 months i know aiken better than my own town now, bob

Quick Reply: thinkin of moving to south carolina