Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

NC members ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NC members ?

hi guys, my company just told me that my job is being relocated to Asheville NC. I have lived in the mountains of central PA all my life hunting,fishing,camping and shooting.can you guys give me a little insight on what to expect in NC ? how is NC on gun laws? Emission laws,ect. I know I wont have to shovel much snow

-chris
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Join this NC base web-site (http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/).The guys here can tell you anything you want to know from the mountain to the coast.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chris2000ss
hi guys, my company just told me that my job is being relocated to Asheville NC. I have lived in the mountains of central PA all my life hunting,fishing,camping and shooting.can you guys give me a little insight on what to expect in NC ? how is NC on gun laws? Emission laws,ect. I know I wont have to shovel much snow

-chris
Hi Chris, I live in NC east of your location (Burlington) - moved here about three years ago from south FL. If you are single, you may not have a good time in Ashville as it is more of a family town. If you have a family, i think you will like it quite a bit.

Beautiful country, guns laws are pretty lax (this is the south afterall), good fishing and tons of areas to go camping and hunting if that is your bag.

Emission laws are present here, they are not allowed to place a probe in your tail pipe; however, they will scan you computer for a code then the result is sent to the state DMV.

Some solid performance shops here (this is NASCAR country) two I recommend are Tick Performance and Carolina AutoMasters (CAM).

Good luck with the move!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have family in ashville, its nice as hell driving up there.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Hey chris, I moved here from PA (Scranton) and there is not much difference. If your an out doors guy you should have no problems - just less snow and warmer weather
Old 05-11-2008, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replys. I have been through NC many times and it looked like a pretty state just never thought I would have to live there LOL.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

i'm moving near harrisburg at the end of the year from CT, got alot of things to work out, have to find a good career there, i've got plenty of race experience and automotive. worked for a vintage formula 1 team for a couple years. www.leechapmanracing.com i have a back injury so i can't so much do the physical labor. Think i would still be able to do something else in the field ? its my passion and i had to quit that job because of a slipped disc.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i can tell you the fastest gto in the states lives in asheville.

depending on where you're moving from in pa, you'll have plenty of snow to shovel in asheville, probably more mountains, maybe even a little bigger than what you may be expecting, and plenty of woods to hunt in. really it's a hunters paradise hear, gun season starts in sept. i think.

Quick Reply: NC members ?