Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

What shocks did blackbirds get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What shocks did blackbirds get?

Search didn't bring up anything and all gmmgs site says is eibach lowering springs. I would assume that they used something like konis but Id really like to hear from an owner if they still have the factory decarbons installed.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old Black Bird had the stock WS6 shocks (because it was a real WS6 packaged car). To my understanding Matt just kept the stock one's on there. Some Black Birds were not originally WS6 cars so I'm not sure what he did with those. I know he offered 1LE upgrades and optional shocks. But I believe the base BB had the original shocks.

Last edited by wake00; 03-24-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Blackbird is a WS6 car with the stock shocks also.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always read on here that lowering springs on stock shocks resulted in a bad ride. Thats the primary reason I bought my konis when I lowered the car. So if you have eibach lowering springs on your blackbird, how does it ride?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

I just bought my car and it came with a set of eibach pro kit lowering springs that were never used so if you decide you want the springs i will sell them for $175
Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Berry2122
I just bought my car and it came with a set of eibach pro kit lowering springs that were never used so if you decide you want the springs i will sell them for $175
Check my sig
Old 03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
I've always read on here that lowering springs on stock shocks resulted in a bad ride. Thats the primary reason I bought my konis when I lowered the car. So if you have eibach lowering springs on your blackbird, how does it ride?
It rides Okay. I have owned a lot of lowered cars and none of them ride great, but I will be changing the shocks eventually and maybe that will help. But its not bad enough for me to run out and get them now, If that helps.?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Im guessing you are just looking for a better ride while being lowered? Honestly you may want to ditch the SFC's if possible, I have yet to see someone with them claim the ride hasn't gotten worse with them. Tires can also make a big difference. And you could look into the front shock "upper mount mod" which will increase front suspension travel, and possibly getting "on-shock" bump stops in the rear and removing the stock ones for more travel there.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Launching!

you can run stock shocks with the 1LE springs. Think about it, that's the way the 1LE cars came from the factory. The drop isn't that much with the 1LE springs. There's also another brand that doesn't drop it that much that you can run stock shocks with, I'm thinking either BMR or Hotchkis...want to say it's Hotchkis

Quick Reply: What shocks did blackbirds get?