Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

$%#@, I've been robbed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $%#@, I've been robbed!!!

Ok. I am definitely PO'ed! someone broke into my SS last night and stole my GPS, Ipod and Zen Mp3 player. SO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!! Out of all the things that were nice laying out. They took the things hidden in the glove box and middle consol. my fiance drove it to work this morning and noticed the hatch was open becasuse the interior lights wouldn't go off. I didn't think anything of it until late tonight when I wanted to go out for a bit. The glove box was open and my stuff was everywhere. I asked her why that was like that and she said that it was like that this morning. Then I realized something was wrong. The gps was missing. WTF! She said maybe I took it in. I knew I didn't do that but who knows I do forget a lot. So we went to her place to get her car and she was on the phone so the radio was off. BUT!! here is the kicker! Driving back to the apartment, I was alone and turned on good ol FM christmas music. Then I was like yeah pretty gay so I hit the button for the Ipod to turn on. It kept going to the Navigation. I didn't understand. I opened the consol and realized that my cable was missing the actual Ipod. Now I am pissed. I called the cops and reported it but they don't do crap. Then I go in the apartment and look around seeing if I did take it in but thats not likely considering it just stays in the car, then I remembered something else, the Ipod is my fiances. The ZEN mp3 is mine so where the heck was that. Well it was in the car as well with the cables and everything. THIS FREAKING SUCKS!!!!!!!! I am going to call my insurance tomorrow and see if they will cover this. I hope so. Thats 800 dollars worth of stuff if not more with the cables and cases and whatnot. What a jolly way to celebrate not being able to pay bills this month because of stinking college and no job!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, Amazing they got in through the hatch though.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

I KNOW!!!! I am so baffled. I can't sleep because I have all of these thoughts running through my head as to why, how, etc. I am gonna call the dealership tomorrow, which is next door to me practically and has the tendency to always screw me over, to see if anyone stole my vin and tried to get keys made and came up with some crazy excuse for the them to actually make them for the thieves. I'm glad I didn't leave the glock in the car.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VeitSSki8701
I KNOW!!!! I am so baffled. I can't sleep because I have all of these thoughts running through my head as to why, how, etc. I am gonna call the dealership tomorrow, which is next door to me practically and has the tendency to always screw me over, to see if anyone stole my vin and tried to get keys made and came up with some crazy excuse for the them to actually make them for the thieves. I'm glad I didn't leave the glock in the car.
Won't work ever. You must present the title when you get a new key cut for an f-body, from the dealer.

I don't think you can get a key anywhere else.

Sorry to hear that man
Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

well at least thats a relief
Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about that!!!! I absolutely hate to hear about that kind of stuff happening to someone that is working their *** off trying to better themselves and plan for the future, then some ******* steals your stuff that you worked hard to for.
Good luck with your car and keep your chin up!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Yesterday was a day for it, I guess. My '00 Civic SI got broken into yesterday. Stole my sunroof (yes, stole - not broke) and tried to steal the car by hammering a key into the switch. They failed and I still have my car, but there's lots of damage. I had to finish "stealing" it to even be able to drive it home since the switch was all screwed up.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Damn, I gotta watch out for my stuff. If you ever go to a junkyard those hatch releases never open. That's why I'm shocked. Did you lose a set of keys by chance?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

This was the day i finalized my double din avic d3 install. The trim I was still bondoing and molding, still need to paint btw. But I had taken in tools and boxes and the old radio and such and thinking to myself that i might have left the hatch open or a door open but I cannot recall to save my life. I do know that in Lynchburg city and the surrounding counties have had a rash of break ins according to my cop friend and he said they are mostly teenagers and gang related, nothing pro. so its probably my own dumb *** fault. Here is the thing though, THEY DIDN'T TAKE THE RADIO!! i would have stolen that if not anything else. all i know now is that nothing gets left in the car. double check the alarm, etc. I suggest everyone do that if they already don't. I though i was being good about double checking the doors and alarm. I must have gotten distracted. The insurance is covering all the costs and writing me a check so its all good. keep checking my posts with in the next day or so, maybe tonight. Ill have the install for the avic up.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lucky you get your money back. my dd got stolen a couple months ago and they took ALL the audio **** i had, subs, HU, etc. surprisingly the car was found 3 weeks later they only jacked up the ignition and stole all the audio. They left everything else. But my insurance company said tough luck and I am still trying to build up what I have. To top that off the day after i got the DD back i was at best buy looking at 2 way alarms (since i just got my dd back) and while i was inside someone punched out both keyholes on my camaro and jacked up the fiberglass on both doors. only reason i took it was because my dd was all taken apart in my garage being fixed. again insurance company didnt cover that either being just PLPD(they want $5000 a year for full coverage). so i had to hurry up and fix the dd just because i had holes in both doors of my camaro. i mean i am only 19 with a 2 year old and have to pay all this money just to keep rebuying my own ****. i feel for you man. ****** theives need to get the chair if they are caught.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i ******* hate **** like this. especially when it doesn't work out. bull ****
Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Wow $5000 a year is crazy. I am 21 and mine is like $1000 if that. I live in a small town so I guess that's why.

check out my cardomain site in my siggy and this post on my install thus far.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post10539013
Old 11-24-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear man, it sucks we have so many scumbags in the world, but I'm also afraid that as the economy gets even worse, and more and more jobs are lost, we're going to be seeing more and more burglary, theft and fraud. A cop friend told me that.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont leave expensive **** in your car, i learned that lesson also, they pried open the rear sliding window of my truck and made off with a bunch of ****, i dont leave anything expensive in my truck now. But the other night i was driving and there was some dirty in my rear windows and when the light hit it i noticed a bunch of finger streaks and looked like they had tried to pry it open again. ******* thieves man.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

That really sucks.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

i cant wait to catch someone breaking into my **** again. the first/only time i had a car broken into i felt raped up the ***. i was steaming for days.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

OK come check out my new thread entitled JUSTICE SERVED!