Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Component speakers in a TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Component speakers in a TA

So I've been reconsidering my system build since I just got a TA instead of a Camaro, and I've noticed the TA has a different speaker 'pod' than the camaro that has a directional port that looks like it would fit a tweet perfectly in, my question to you guys, how have any of you gone about mounting tweeters in this location?

And just as an FYI, I am going to completely rewire the car so no worries about signal issues.

Last edited by Fosnot; 04-08-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump?
Com'on guys, I know theres someone out there that knows what I'm talking about
Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Teching In

You can fit a 1" tweeter in that section. I assume it looks like the panel on the passenger side here?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, that speaker pod has a port upward towards the ears, but as far as I've seen, it doesn't do anything 'stock', just there. But I know I've seen tweeters mounted in there before somewhere on here, I just can't find that thread. Hoping someone could link me to a a how to or copy-pasta the method they've seen/used for theirs?
Thank you in advance!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i recently switched speakers and my TA there was a tweet already in there so it had mounting stuff there already but if you buy components I THINK the tweets come with mounting equipment...like a locking ring and a long U brace and nut because that is what mine came with the hifonics zues
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

All Trans Ams with a Monsoon system have tweeters in those door pods. You can leave the stock tweeter or replace it with one of your choice.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh.. I've never seen them stock, the car I have now has some crap JVC speakers in now...

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
All Trans Ams with a Monsoon system have tweeters in those door pods. You can leave the stock tweeter or replace it with one of your choice.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

You have to be careful when removing the factory tweeters if you want to use the mount. There are 3 metal pieces that hold the mount in place that are difficult to remove without breaking the plastic they are attached to. You can use a screwdriver to pry them off gently. You want to pry the middle of it and not the edges until you can slide it off. Then just remove the old tweeter from the bracket which you can then screw to the pod supplied with the new tweeter. You will just reuse the metal clips to mount the tweeter.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a set of cdt components with the upstage and must say it sounds great. So basically I have four tweets one pair in the pods the other pair on the pillars.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
You have to be careful when removing the factory tweeters if you want to use the mount. There are 3 metal pieces that hold the mount in place that are difficult to remove without breaking the plastic they are attached to. You can use a screwdriver to pry them off gently. You want to pry the middle of it and not the edges until you can slide it off. Then just remove the old tweeter from the bracket which you can then screw to the pod supplied with the new tweeter. You will just reuse the metal clips to mount the tweeter.
That'd be handy if I was the one that got into the system to begin with...