Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I want some serious bass with my monsoon, what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want some serious bass with my monsoon, what should I do?

I'm pretty satisfied with the overall volume coming from my monsoon system but Im looking for more Bass. Would adding a single 12" sub by the ttop holders suffice? Or should I go with a double sub and put it behing the rear seats? Would I be able to wire them up to the stock system? I'm an electronics noob and dont know a thing when it comes to stereo systems...

Also I noticed the previous owner replaced the front door speakers with infiniti speakers and there is a set of red and black wires that werent hooked up. Is this limiting the speakers at all?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AgentLS1Z
I'm pretty satisfied with the overall volume coming from my monsoon system but Im looking for more Bass. Would adding a single 12" sub by the ttop holders suffice? Or should I go with a double sub and put it behing the rear seats? Would I be able to wire them up to the stock system? I'm an electronics noob and dont know a thing when it comes to stereo systems...
Depends how much thump you really want, one 12" is plenty for some, others want two 12's. You can't wire a sub to the stock system, you will need to run a power wire to an amp to power the sub(s). I suggest finding a friend who knows what he's doing to help or do some research on how to properly set up a system.

Also I noticed the previous owner replaced the front door speakers with infiniti speakers and there is a set of red and black wires that werent hooked up. Is this limiting the speakers at all?
The wires are probably for tweeters. Monsoon speakers up front have four wires per speaker, one set for the tweeter and the other for the speaker. You can wire a set of tweeters off of them and place them where you would like. Lots of examples can be found in this section.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

okay, Is it bad to put two right by the hatch glass? Is it gonna rattle the crap out of it? Also, is it better to have tweeters?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

okay, Is it bad to put two right by the hatch glass? Is it gonna rattle the crap out of it? Also, is it better to have tweeters?
You can put two 12's in the hatch area as most do and it's fine. Look around for different boxes used by members on here and see what box you may want. And you can always put down some deadener if it rattles too much for you.
And I would hook the tweeters up and place them either in the door, or 6LE Designs makes some to place them right above the door at the dash. Check out there site, they're a sponsor on here.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went ahead and put 2 kicker L7 12's in the back of my car. They hit hard and sound good but I had these in a different car and the stock head unit is definetly holding them back as I have to use a Line output converter from the stock headunit. But at the time I didnt want to install a new headunit but im definetly lookin to do this now. Box is from www.NOT-A-SPONSOR.com.org.gov.net and allows me to still put my T-tops in.

Last edited by CRAGER; 10-13-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can go 2 12" subs and be pretty loud. Use quality stuff and you will be really loud.
I ran 2 12" CDT QES-1220's before finally selling my T/A a few months ago. Super loud with great sound quality.
There are several subs that can be used for less money though that would do well also.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by N20zuki
I went ahead and put 2 kicker L7 12's in the back of my car. They hit hard and sound good but I had these in a different car and the stock head unit is definetly holding them back as I have to use a Line output converter from the stock headunit. But at the time I didnt want to install a new headunit but im definetly lookin to do this now. Box is from www.NOT-A-SPONSOR.com.org.gov.net and allows me to still put my T-tops in.

Its pretty cool that you can still put the ttops in the compartment. That link doesnt work though,do you have the working link?

Do I have to replace the monsoon amp? Or do I hook up another new amp?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that box is sweet!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

I hooked up another amp, Its a Subthump box. The site wont let me post a link bc there not a site sponsor...