Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trans am Audio install

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 03:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trans am Audio install

I always wanted a powerful system to hit and sound good too. So after my deployment I went on a search and found my dream system. I have now in my car,

2- JL Audio 10w7's
2- Kicker 750.1 Amp
1- Pioneer MVH-P8200BT head unit
1- 3.0 Capacitor
1- Sub Thumb T-Top box (reenforced box)
1- Self made amp rack
4- Alpine Type-R front and rear Speaker.

The way I have it wired and set up. I have pretty much clear and clean sound. I do plan on putting in a another amp to run my highs and mids for the Alpines. I ran all the cords myself and set up everything on my own. It was not easy for me to run a 0 gauge power cord through my fire wall. But I did it and it turned out really good. I was able to run all the cords under the carpet and paneling. The install looks really clean. I took my time and did not rush this at all. So here are a few pictures of the whole thing. There will be more later but I wanted to show it off tonight.

Alpine Type R

Old radio Bye Bye!

Pioneer MVH-P8200BT

The 2 10w7's

The 2 Kicker 750's

Thank you Sub Thump! ( www.subthump.com )

My equipment

I grounded it the amps to the seat belt. Great spot!

Amp rack getting ready to be put in

Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 AM
On The Tree

Old 03-04-2012, 06:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hell yeah! I wish I could finally get around to putting something like this in my TA
Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really well.. Post a video on how it all sounds
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very clean. How do you like the subthump box?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

nice job looks great.just the HU looks out of place.would look better with T/A HU mount.again nice job.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
nice job looks great.just the HU looks out of place.would look better with T/A HU mount.again nice job.
Funny thing you say that! I order one a wile back. It got sent to my house and I had it forwarded to me out in California where I am right now. SOME HOW my package magically vanished when it hit receiving at the military installation. Not saying they took it but yea they took it! Because I tracked it all the way here and asked asked asked! They where like yea we dont scan packages and plus you put the wrong address. If I put the wrong address then how come I get mail and other packages through this one. So I will be ordering another one. It pisses me off but I gave away like 80 bucks to someone I never met.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

http://youtu.be/9prje7bTOjw
I did this video yesterday and I did a dubstep one too. I knew people would want to see it in action. So heres the video and link
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Guitar
Very clean. How do you like the subthump box?
I love the box man. Its a perfect fit. It looks great and does EVERYTHING I need it too.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Looks bad ***!!! Great work
Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Looks good, only thing I dont like is the amp rack. I think it looks better mounted flat on that hump instead up at an angle like you have it. And the rattle can paint makes it look cheap imo, Id have it wrapped in carpet or vinyl to match the box. But overall nice setup, i bet it sounds killer.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Adam1982
Looks good, only thing I dont like is the amp rack. I think it looks better mounted flat on that hump instead up at an angle like you have it. And the rattle can paint makes it look cheap imo, Id have it wrapped in carpet or vinyl to match the box. But overall nice setup, i bet it sounds killer.
It will be wrapped in vinyl later. Im just do what I can with what I got for now. It will have the same look as the box. But ur right, its cheap. But its a quick fix for what I want. The sound is amazing!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow that's really lucky that the subthump is almost the JL 10w7 reccomended size...I love the 10W7, it's my favorite sub, hits so tight and so hard like nothing else i've come across.

Install looks great! really clean, even down to the wires. Nice job man and thank you for your service!

Did you upgrade your battery? If not I'd go with a deep cycle no doubt to support that 1500w RMS of Bass, and a big alternator will reduce your amp's distortion significantly. as far as batteries go I like the Optima Yellow top and Kinetik car audio batteries.

BTW...everything car audio is about to go on clearance to make room for all the new 2012 gear...its a perfect time to pick up a 4ch amp...best buy carries Kicker now and if you can pick up a 4ch that's open box, you can usually bargain with a manager and get the stuff cheap. heres a link to find what best buy has open box or on clearance http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/D...at254400050000
Old 03-04-2012, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V8ImpSS
wow that's really lucky that the subthump is almost the JL 10w7 reccomended size...I love the 10W7, it's my favorite sub, hits so tight and so hard like nothing else i've come across.

Install looks great! really clean, even down to the wires. Nice job man and thank you for your service!

Did you upgrade your battery? If not I'd go with a deep cycle no doubt to support that 1500w RMS of Bass, and a big alternator will reduce your amp's distortion significantly. as far as batteries go I like the Optima Yellow top and Kinetik car audio batteries.

BTW...everything car audio is about to go on clearance to make room for all the new 2012 gear...its a perfect time to pick up a 4ch amp...best buy carries Kicker now and if you can pick up a 4ch that's open box, you can usually bargain with a manager and get the stuff cheap. heres a link to find what best buy has open box or on clearance http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/D...at254400050000
To be honest i didnt upgrade anything. But about a week before this got put in I put a new alternator in. So dont know if that has anything to do with it not draining the battery or making it dim. Like if my lights dim at all its because I have them up really high. But I cant keep them up long because it really does a number on my ears. I have it step up so i can show it off or just listen to it on a normal lvl. Either way later when I start stripping the car to put the ray mat in Im gonna up grade the batteries
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Yo my 500watt type-r already hurts my head at full blast. I can't imagine this ****. Gives me ideas for when I upgrade mine though. Great job on the install.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^put 1000w rns on that type r...it can take it
Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Launching!

You say the subthump box is reinforced, did subthump do that or did you? And what exactly was reinforced? Just curious, ive had 4 different subthump enclosures and have loved all of them.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use to be big into car audio, now i just make my car really loud, i will say these cars are great for bass with the hatch, i had 1 18 in my 92 z28 conv and it did nothing but rattle everything,looks good bud
Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Will subthump port their boxes? for the ones on the side does any1 know, and post the dubstep one on
Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Adam1982
You say the subthump box is reinforced, did subthump do that or did you? And what exactly was reinforced? Just curious, ive had 4 different subthump enclosures and have loved all of them.
Im not real sure what the reinforced on it. He said something about putting in extra screws and more sealant. But if you were to write them Im pretty sure they would explain it. But I do love my box! It really holds up on what i want!

Quick Reply: Trans am Audio install