Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

electrical problem ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default electrical problem ls1

long story short, my gauges are going crazy and my dash is constantly turning on and off. for example, ill put the key into the ignition without turning and everything goes crazy. i checked the fuse boxes and everything looks fine. the car wont start and i have no idea what the problem could be. comments and Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not heard of that before, the only thing I've seen happen is when a battery is dead or dieing the gauges will do a full sweep (go up to there maximums and drop back down) and the trip OD resets when you crank the car. you might have a bad cluster, can you get a video of it and post it here?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Ill post a vid after I come home from class
Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
not heard of that before, the only thing I've seen happen is when a battery is dead or dieing the gauges will do a full sweep (go up to there maximums and drop back down) and the trip OD resets when you crank the car. you might have a bad cluster, can you get a video of it and post it here?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:58 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

You might want to move this to the maintenance and repair section.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Teching In

it was the battery, thanks!!
The following users liked this post:
jmilz28 (04-23-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Default Having a problem like this

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
ay bro I’m having a problem like this but it didn’t do it before I start the car and when it’s in park it’s fine until I put it in drive and the battery starts going crazy and all my gauges go up and down but will stay going crazy until I put it in park again
Old 04-08-2024, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

It sounds like the alternator is working without load but once a load is applied it stops, no longer putting out amps. Would need to put a meter on it to see what the Amperage is when idling in park and when it is in drive (under load). Will it do this in park with the AC on and internal fans on high?
Old 04-10-2024, 08:43 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 327 Likes on 299 Posts

Please start a new thread with your new individual problem. The OP's issue was an old battery. You can check the age of yours by the date code sticker on it.

These low voltage electrical problems can be caused by many different items. If you start a new thread, people can focus on your specific car and history.

Quick Reply: electrical problem ls1