Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo randomly won't play music anymore from Iphone

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo randomly won't play music anymore from Iphone

So I got my Camaro a little while back. It has an aftermarket head unit. I always use a USB to play music through my iphone 4s. Has been working fine until this afternoon. When I plugged it in it said "reading" for about 30 seconds then said "cannot play ipod/iphone". And now this all it will do. The phone charges but won't play music. If I play something it plays through the phones speaker as if it doesn't detect that it's plugged into the stereo. I updated to IOS7 a little over a week ago and it still worked fine until today so I don't think thats the problem. The cable I'm using is not damaged either. Can anyone help? Im going to try it in my Formula tomorrow to see if it's any different (worked fine in that car too for almost a year with the same phone). Being able to listen to my music while driving is a big deal to me so quick help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried searching google and apple forums and found tons of people with the same issue but no good solutions. So I'm hoping someone here can maybe help me out.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

No one responded but I'll go ahead and update anyways. So this morning I was messing around with the phone in the car trying to get it to play. It suddenly froze up on me. After a few minutes of being pissed and holding the power button and tapping the hell out of it trying to get it to turn off or unfreeze, it turned off. Then it wouldnt turn back on... Finally decided to turn back on after about 10 mins. Plugged it into the stereo and it worked fine. So idk what the hell was up with it but hopefully it stays fixed.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

A) Iphones suck
B) this is LS1tech not some uber stereo thread, you didn't even give a model number for your headunit and which iphone you have, kinda hard to even search other places for answers to issues with those specific parts.
C) if you really complained about an issue with your phone without having tried the NUMBER 1 works for most stange issues of rebooting the phone, well then
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
A) Iphones suck
B) this is LS1tech not some uber stereo thread, you didn't even give a model number for your headunit and which iphone you have, kinda hard to even search other places for answers to issues with those specific parts.
C) if you really complained about an issue with your phone without having tried the NUMBER 1 works for most stange issues of rebooting the phone, well then
A) I don't know the model name or model number because it was in there when I got the car. I also did state in the post that I have a 4S.
B) I tried rebooting, didn't work. Forgot to add that to the post. It wasn't until it froze up on me that it starting working once I got it turned back on.
C) No need to try and be a smartass.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
A) I don't know the model name or model number because it was in there when I got the car. I also did state in the post that I have a 4S.
B) I tried rebooting, didn't work. Forgot to add that to the post. It wasn't until it froze up on me that it starting working once I got it turned back on.
C) No need to try and be a smartass.
most every aftermarket headunit I have ever seen say both the brand and model number somewhere on the face, so it wouldn't matter if someone else installed and don't complain because I told you to do something you did but failed to mention.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With it being an iPhone, I'd bet my money that it's an issue with the phone.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same problem with mine. It was the update to IOS7. All you had to do is reset the radio and it works with the new operating system. I just hit the reset on my radio and it now works flawlessly again with my iPhone. Not sure why it did it but that is what worked on 2 of my cars.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
A) Iphones suck
You have been for a little more than a year and yet talk like you know everything about the site. Guy posted a thread where it should have been done inside the site. Typical smartass noob. I see a good flaming thread about you in the future. Ill be sure to bring lots of
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Gentlemen, let's keep it civil. While I agree that the post in question was a bit over the line, the response ten days later was not necessary either - it would have been better to just let it die.

Any further snipes will be awarded an infraction and deleted.

Quick Reply: Stereo randomly won't play music anymore from Iphone