Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon or ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon or ?

I have had my car for over a year now and thought the monsoon system was crap and found out this past weekend why. I installed new shocks and had to remove the rear seat side panels and much to my surprise, there are no speakers at all behind the panel! Looking for opinions on speakers to put in there. Should I find some OE monsoon GM speakers or are there better aftermarket ones available? I also considered putting 6-3/4” subwoofers in. Thoughts?
Old 06-29-2016, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by trailshredder
I have had my car for over a year now and thought the monsoon system was crap and found out this past weekend why. I installed new shocks and had to remove the rear seat side panels and much to my surprise, there are no speakers at all behind the panel! Looking for opinions on speakers to put in there. Should I find some OE monsoon GM speakers or are there better aftermarket ones available? I also considered putting 6-3/4” subwoofers in. Thoughts?
check out Keeaudio.

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Are you sure the Monsoon system is still there? If the sail panel subs are missing, it's entirely possible that the system was modified by a previous owner and the Monsoon amp has been eliminated. If that is the case then all of the signal filtering for different speaker locations will be gone as well and installing subs in the sail panels might not work well.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Appears everything is still there. ordered the cdt subs. Next question , the plug that is where the subs go has 4 wires, which two wires do use for the subs?
Old 07-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

So you see the amp by the spare tire?

Old 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Yes, the amp is behind the spare tire.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by trailshredder
Appears everything is still there. ordered the cdt subs. Next question , the plug that is where the subs go has 4 wires, which two wires do use for the subs?
If the subs you bought are not 4-ohm dual voice coil (4 terminals) then you bought the wrong ones. If you got 2-ohm single voice coil (2 terminals) then you really bought the wrong ones and should not plug them in unless you want to risk frying the amp.

Quick Reply: Monsoon or ?