Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Aftermarket Direct replacement for speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Aftermarket Direct replacement for speakers?

Hi guys, i found these speakers that are supposed to be a direct replacement for the F-bodies. Anyone use these or know of any other better sounding speakers than our monsoon system that wouldn't require any altering?

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
Old 12-09-2016, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Many many many many people on this site have gone threw them including myself. I replaced all my speakers years ago although I did not order a package deal from them I did get my sail panel speakers from them. Went with the bazookas and like them a lot.

Punch in kee audio up top in the search bar or go to Google and punch in kee audio and put ls1 after it and you will get thread after thread of happy customers
Old 12-09-2016, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Many many many many people on this site have gone threw them including myself. I replaced all my speakers years ago although I did not order a package deal from them I did get my sail panel speakers from them. Went with the bazookas and like them a lot.

Punch in kee audio up top in the search bar or go to Google and punch in kee audio and put ls1 after it and you will get thread after thread of happy customers
thanks brother. your T/A heavily modified? Wondering if i'll be able to hear the music well when cruising
Old 12-09-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Defined1983
thanks brother. your T/A heavily modified? Wondering if i'll be able to hear the music well when cruising
Not heavily modded.....converter, Lt's, Ory, electric cutout, 3.73's.

Like I said I replaced all my speakers and it is definitely a big improvement over stock. Next will be a Double din deck which should help a bit more also.

When I'm bashing on my car around town I don't usually have music cranking unless I'm just putzing around.

If you are wondering if you will be able to hear over motor/exhaust imo I don't see it being a issue.
I will have my cutout open pulling 3,000 rpm's going down the freeway with the t-tops off and have no issues hearing the tunes I'm listening to.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Not heavily modded.....converter, Lt's, Ory, electric cutout, 3.73's.

Like I said I replaced all my speakers and it is definitely a big improvement over stock. Next will be a Double din deck which should help a bit more also.

When I'm bashing on my car around town I don't usually have music cranking unless I'm just putzing around.

If you are wondering if you will be able to hear over motor/exhaust imo I don't see it being a issue.
I will have my cutout open pulling 3,000 rpm's going down the freeway with the t-tops off and have no issues hearing the tunes I'm listening to.
sounds great. thank you!
Old 12-11-2016, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

"Best" is hard to say. Every speaker sounds different, and every listener perceives sound differently. What is a "Direct" replacement depends upon which F-body you have (Camaro or Firebird/TA) and what level sound you have (Base or Monsoon)

The speakers themselves are 6.5", which is the most common size. Hit up a car audio shop and take a listen to some of their speakers, that'll give you an idea of what kind of sound you're looking for.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by HappySalesman
The speakers themselves are 6.5", which is the most common size. Hit up a car audio shop and take a listen to some of their speakers, that'll give you an idea of what kind of sound you're looking for.
Except bear in mind that the Monsoon system has signal filtering from the amp so full range speakers won't work well in all of the mounting locations (e.g. sail panels have mid-bass "subs"). Most audio shops won't have a clue about those distinctions.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the KEE audio stock replacements if I have the base system(Non Monsoon)
Old 12-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew2000
Will the KEE audio stock replacements if I have the base system(Non Monsoon)
Not really. The Kee systems are designed for Monsoon systems. They have more speakers than you would use (hatch area) and they are designed to match the signal filtering of the Monsoon amp (components in the doors and subs in the sail panels).

You can use almost any quality 6.5" speakers in all four positions of the base audio system.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Direct replacement for speakers?