Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Horn

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Horn

Well, the factory horn I have on my car was damaged by being submitted to many many soakings during hurricane season and high water. I am looking to replace it with another one, but I want the loudest most annoying horn I can find. People go about 15 down my road which is a 35 zone, and it annoys the hell out of me because i have to traverse this stretch of hell asphalt every day a few times. I want something to let people know that the speed limit is indeed 35.

So, what are my options for horns that would scare someone from 2 miles away, or maybe PA systems with hidden mics that also act as horns so I could yell at them as well?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Get the one from the general lee
Old 12-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

You want something that they can hear from 2 miles away, go to www.hornblasters.com. I would love to get one of them but the tank would take up too much space.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

I hooked up a 100watt PA system to my car... it was fun until i got chased and the cops made me rip it all out...

the hydrocanon was also fun, until I shot a 20 foot stream of water at a lady through the window and got chased... the cops also made me take that out.

maybe you should just get a nice quiet horn and stick to flashing your headlights
Old 12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Tell me more explain in detail and give me links!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Two words...TRAIN HORNS
Old 12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Hahah those look awesome, I just wish I had $150 to spend on it. $75 maybe, $150 is out of the range for the small joy I would get out of it
Old 12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Ok just found this on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-CAR-BOAT-TRU...QQcmdZViewItem

Is 135db really any louder than our standard horns? And does this seem legit to you guys?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think I'd call those train horns. Probably just loud air horns.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

i think jeg's carries some pretty loud horns.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude get a OOGA horn my friend put one on his lincoln town car and it scared the **** out of people it was so loud
Old 12-13-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaroz
dude get a OOGA horn my friend put one on his lincoln town car and it scared the **** out of people it was so loud
Got a link?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

I made both of those devices myself.. i got an amp form radio shack and hacked it into peices and stuffed everything i needed into my glovebox, i then took the original faceplate from the amp with all hte twisty ***** and what not and did some fabbing and made my glove box fit it so i could adjust everything in there... then i took an old CB radio mic and spliced it into a 1/4 connector to my amp so that i could have the cool CB mic instead of a normal microphone.. i was at a stop sign and the dude to my right took too long to decide if he was going to go or not, so then i decided to just go, but he also decided the same thing ya know what i mean? so we are both heading to the middle of the intersection (im turning left, hes going straight, both of us are going on the same road) but i got there before him and said into my PA "MY TURN!" as i cut him off... needless to say a chase ensued and i got to test out my suspension mods (sways SFCs, tires shocks springs) by losing a ginormous f250 going about 50 weaving left and right through a neighborhood...

the hydrocannon was my invention, i rewired the washer fluid reservoir to be controlled with my headlight **** (the foglight switch armed the reservoir, and if i turned the headlight **** to parking lights, the water would fire out.) i rerouted the fluid hose from the wipers to a little jet i made that exited from my driver side wheel well directly to my left and was window height on any stock vehicle...

i was able to acheive about 20foot blasts after some tweaking.. and if i turned on the foglight switch when i left the car, i could fire water by pressing unlock (because hte foglights flash, the water would spray) so i could remotely shoot people walking by my car at starbucks or blockbuster... SO much fun. until one day.....

some idiot flies by and the passenger screams at me like a dumbass, then the light turns red for us and they have to stop, so i roll up and they stop like 20 feet before the light because they want me to go past them because its awkward when you scream at someone and then have to sit next to them at a red light.. but i was ecstatic because i knew that vengeance would be mine...

i slow down and line up with their car, then the passenger sees me look at him and he begins to roll his window up, but not before i fire my 4 second Hydro-Blast of dihydrogen oxide through the window soaking both the passenger and the soon to be enraged driver with slime infested washer fluid.
once again, a chase ensued and nearly caused me to get into a wreck twice, these people began chasing me like ive never been chased before, they slid out of control after i tried to lose them by getting into a turnlane after placing a pickup between them and me, but somehow they managed to evade my trick and ended up spining out infront of me, coming to a stop with their headlights shining in my face, so i went back onto the road i was going to turn from and nearly got wiped out by a semi, after regaining control of myself and my vehicle i ditched them into a neighbor hood once again and pulled into a driveway and shut off my car immediately... after about 5 minutes i crept out onto the street again and about 20 minutes later, when i was at mcdonalds with a bunch of my buddies telling them the story, my dad calls me up and asks if i just shot someone with my canon. i said "how the hell do you know that" and he said that there were two officers waiting for me at the station and that i was to go and have a little chit chat with them. I was charged with assaulting a vehicle with an unknown liquid. so yeah long story short i had to take both of those things off of my car.. now i cry when someone does something to me and i cant get them back...
Old 12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

I hope you're not looking for sympathy...moron
Old 12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Get an Italian air horn from Griots
Old 12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Hey GetGone, sympathy? PSSHH yeah right, and MORON? HAH!! your just jealous of all of the cool stuff I made arent you! I dont know if you werent paying attention or what but I mentioned the PA and the Water gun earlier and someone requested that I explain in detail, so thats what I did. so shut-it.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GETGONE
I hope you're not looking for sympathy...moron
I found it ****** halarious
Old 12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilbadz
Got a link?
No sorry I know he bought it online though he doesnt have the car anymore he totalled the car in a highway accident
Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by darkecho
Hey GetGone, sympathy? PSSHH yeah right, and MORON? HAH!! your just jealous of all of the cool stuff I made arent you! I dont know if you werent paying attention or what but I mentioned the PA and the Water gun earlier and someone requested that I explain in detail, so thats what I did. so shut-it.
Jealous of an immature kid who starts fights then drives away wrecklessly in his car hiding from the person he started stuff with? WHATEVER! I'll be looking for you on future Darwin Award lists.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaroz
I found it ****** halarious
lmfao, ditto...
i can just imagine the people's faces