Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Campus Police Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Campus Police Dodge Charger

Ok, so this is kinda a different kind of kill story, but should be entertaining none the less. As you guys know I just bought a 06 GTO on Monday. Well, all my friends thinks it's awesome and want to go for a ride. So I've used almost two tanks of gas this week throwing my friends back in the seat of my new muscle car.

So last night we are watching Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, (lol I know) and two of my friends are like lets go for a ride in your GTO. So we hop in the car and head of down the road. I am turning around in a parking lot across from a local college and my friend says, "do a burnout". So like usual, I can never resist the opportunity to roast the rear tires, so I oblige. Well out of now where this campus cop rolls up with his head lights off. It seemed sketchy at best and I figured he wasn't going to say nice burnout, so I decided to leave hoping he wouldn't follow and proceed down a back road across from the parking lot. My buddies were like, "dude he following you". And I reply, "well he is not going to be able to catch me." and take off. Well, he flipped on the blue lights and we're off. It took me a couple of miles flying down a curvy back road to out run him but eventually the blue light special was over. I don't know if he could have wrote me a valid ticket or not but the moral of the story is his HEMI didn't even come close to keeping up.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Hey Luke, way to outrun Rosco! If this story is for real I'm guessing you'll be hearing a knock on your door pretty soon. Even campus police can write down a license plate.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Launching!

If he's got paper tags on it he might have a chance that he couldn't get a plate number. Until he see's your car the next time.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Teching In

It's an '06 model though. Maybe if it was new but even then it's just a matter of time...
Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Paper tags or plates OP???
Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Teching In

This thread might be interesting.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-gen...evo-story.html
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Lol I started reading that without looking at the post date and I thought it was a story about this kid in the GTO...

I was also thinking if the campus police/local pd in that area know how to use a computer they could stumble on this thread with the right search, lol.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

What would be funny is if this guy didn't post for a few days because the campus rent a cops found him and put him in the rent a jail!! LOL Freaking campus cops have bigger heads than real cops and some of them get paid more.. How does that work?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Chances of them finding this thread are slim. I didn't stick around long enough for him to write down my tags. It was a dark parking lot and I watched him drive up and I was moving before he could have thought about writing my tags down. I'll keep you posted, but I would think I would have heard something by now if anything was going to happen.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

i dono which college youre at, but police at usc have the same authority as any other cop over students in any part of the state. cool story either way.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by odarabla
What would be funny is if this guy didn't post for a few days because the campus rent a cops found him and put him in the rent a jail!! LOL Freaking campus cops have bigger heads than real cops and some of them get paid more.. How does that work?
Yea most of those campus cops are freaking cocky, most of the time they just want to blow smoke up your ****.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DownSouthWS6
i dono which college youre at, but police at usc have the same authority as any other cop over students in any part of the state. cool story either way.
Good thing I'm not a student

I don't think they can get me for anything at this point, once the cop looses sight of me he can't prove it was me. Wouldn't hold up in court, any decent lawyer could get me out of it.

Last edited by rockerjoe2008; 02-28-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rockerjoe2008
Good thing I'm not a student

I don't think they can get me for anything at this point, once the cop looses sight of me he can't prove it was me. Wouldn't hold up in court, any decent lawyer could get me out of it.
Yeah they can, but attorneys don't work for free.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

You say they can, how?

I just say, "It wasn't me" and unless he has a picture or video (which they don't), there is no way for him to prove I was ever there.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DownSouthWS6
The campus cops at Tulane had all the same authority as the real cops to. Even had a little jail on campus and the freaking parking tickets where outrageous!! One of the St. Charles Parish cops I was friends with lost his job and went to work on Tulane’s campus as a cop. He is the one who told me he was making more money there then working the beat for St. Charles!! !
Old 02-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Running from the Cops or an Officer of any type is not racing him. It is dangerous and this is a terrible story. Grow up. Guys, don't act like this.