Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

the race i've been waiting for

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the race i've been waiting for

well i was coming back from "fat class" as i call it. weight watchers, pftt laugh it up but i lost 120lbs there. anyway back to the story, i was about 10 minutes from home and i notice a silver TBSS, by the way i am in my TBSS, mines black, every vehicle i own and have owned is usually black, ok well, i give him a little honk as i go by because there are only 3 TBSS's in a 60 mile radius of me, so im driving along keeping an eye on him in my mirrors because i have never got a run with another TBSS since i bought this truck. well he slowly pulls up along side of me and i was slowing down to try to get in a nice 2nd gear range anticipating a race, i look over at him and he points down the road, so i start honking it off and he just punches it. im like WTF, so i nail it already a full car to car and a half back, and to my surprise i pull right back up beside him and right on by, by the time i round 120 or so im a good 2 car lead and let off.
he pulls back up as were slowing down for the light up ahead and he yells "nitrous or blower" wow, my head was almost too big to fit in the truck anymore. i told him nope neither. he said "bullshit pull over" i pulled over and he looked under the hood, just a cold air intake, catback, and tune. just like i told him. but mines 2wd and he is stock 4wd. i dont know what he expected out of a stoock truck, but that made my day.
i know its long but i had to tell y'all
Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill. Sounds about right. I'm not sure why he thinks it takes a blower or nitrous for another truck to put 3-4 cars on him. Maybe he's not aware that the AWD isn't as good from a roll.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Launching!

i noticed a big difference in the TBSS once i took out the TM and firmed up the shifts, she snaps real nice on shifts. that alone would have made it bad for him, plus the extra weight.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Losing 120lbs is sort of a driver mod. Good for your health and makes your car faster too. Congrats man. That couldn't have been easy. Ooops...chinese food is here BRB!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i noticed a big difference in the TBSS once i took out the TM and firmed up the shifts, she snaps real nice on shifts. that alone would have made it bad for him, plus the extra weight.
TM=torque management? Mine is bone stock.. it pulls nice from first and down low in 2nd, but once you hit around 60-70 it's a bit of a dog. Hopefully a CAI, tune, and e-fan kit will fix that. I don't want anything crazy, but i'd like it to be competitive with stock/light mod f-bodies, SRT-8 cars, STi/Evo, WRX, Stangs, etc.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
TM=torque management? Mine is bone stock.. it pulls nice from first and down low in 2nd, but once you hit around 60-70 it's a bit of a dog. Hopefully a CAI, tune, and e-fan kit will fix that. I don't want anything crazy, but i'd like it to be competitive with stock/light mod f-bodies, SRT-8 cars, STi/Evo, WRX, Stangs, etc.
yeah TM is torque management, but some people say taking it out can hurt the tranny, i don't care, I'll just get it built if it does go out. but i felt a difference once it was gone, gear hit harder, and my tbss doesn't stop pulling till it smacks hard into the 135 or so speed limiter. it slows slightly once it hits 3rd at about 80 or so. i had a run a couple days ago with a new new stang, i know someone's gonna call BS but it was a gt and we hit it at 55-60 and were dead even, like exactly dead even to 120. i was surprised because i run 13.30's and they should run 13.0's i think. so get to moddin that thing.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Launching!

nevermind they dont run 13.0's, they are high 13's so maybe he had some mods.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steiner
Losing 120lbs is sort of a driver mod. Good for your health and makes your car faster too. Congrats man. That couldn't have been easy. Ooops...chinese food is here BRB!
lulz...

Nice kill OP
Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

nice job! i really like those tbss's but i have not seen very many around the north texas area. and congrats on the weight loss. i have lost about 100 pounds and im healthier now. keep up the good work!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Deliverance2001
nice job! i really like those tbss's but i have not seen very many around the north texas area. and congrats on the weight loss. i have lost about 100 pounds and im healthier now. keep up the good work!
There's not a ton of them around.. of course I saw one at the gas station the day I got mine. The average person doesn't think much of them.. just another dime a dozen Trailblazer.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

I raced a stocker once and it was ugly as well, lol. What kinda numbers did yours put down?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Launching!

yeah but even though i beat this guy he said he only paid 18k for it. i was like "damn, i paid 37k for mine" that sucks, i mean mine is loaded and i think his had cloth seats but i should have waited a few months and not bought brand new, i tool a huge hit.