Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple fun runs today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple fun runs today.

Out cruising in in my 2002 Z28 with PSM. My car is a cam only car making 400 rwhp and I just put a 100 shot on it.

First run was against a stock 2005 Saleen. It turned out to be the NA version (rated 325 hp and 340 tq), but I didn't know until after the races. I wasn't going to spray until I tried him NA, and ended up not needing to. I got next to him at abut 60 mph and he gave me the "lets run 'em" grin. I dropped it into 3rd and he punched it without warning, getting a solid 1-1.5 car jump. I hit it and reeled him in. We took it to the top of 4th and I had about a 3-4 car lead. PSM was behind me and also passed him, making it a double kill, lol. We spun around and went for one more, but from a slower speed. I dropped it into 2nd and he hit it again without warning, getting a 1 car jump. I hit it and reeled him in, pulling 3-4 cars before letting off part way through 4th gear. He seemed like a cool guy, and the car was beautiful, dark tan/bronze color. Very sharp looking and pulled good for a stock NA Saleen.

Later PSM and I lined up from a dig. I didn't spray. I had one passenger and he was alone. The first run I bogged and he jumped out. Once we got going he pulled steadily, probably taking the win by 2.5-3 cars by the marked 1/4. We went again a second time and I got a better launch, staying with him for a bit, before he started pulling away, taking the win by about 2 cars in the 1/4. Very fun runs.

After that I had the chance to have two very good races, but the other drivers were retards. The first was a newer GTS Viper. I don't know if it was the 500 or the 600 hp version. I opened the bottle, which was up to a perfect 1050 psi, and was set for a good run. I figured pre 08 and I'd take it, 08+ and he'd pull me. He clearly was looking at me in his side view mirror. We got onto the highway and he immediately nails it with me still behind him. I wasn't gonna waste the nitrous without a clean run. I tried to get next to him, but he just kept weaving through traffic at about 90 mph like an ***, so I gave up.

The second potential was a Dodge Stealth. He got next to me and just punched it without any warning. What the hell is with that? Can no one run a clean race without trying to jump? The car moved out well and I was debating using the nitrous or not. I think it would have been very close without it, with me possibly losing. I followed him to the highway where he proceeded to drive like an *** at 90 mph weaving through traffic. I stayed back and he finally slowed. I got next to him and asked if he wanted to run them and he very enthusiastically said yes. There was too much traffic so we were waiting and he finally gets next to me again and says he had to drop his friend off. We asked him how far so we could follow him off the highway and get a run in after, if it wasn't too far. He just says, "never mind I don't want to race," and then cuts over and takes the next exit.

What's up with people? Why can no one line up for a friendly even race? Everyone has to punch it from behind you or hit it before you can get next to them, etc.

Fun day other than the idiots.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, happens very often..I cant believe that some plp are still doing this kind of thing instead of doing a clean run.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wanted to do the double kill thing. It was pretty funny. That was a sharp Saleen. I'd go so far as to say that it was the nicest looking Mustang I've seen in a VERY long time, maybe my favorite. The color was perfect.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

nice kills, and deaths. I wouldve raced around with you guys had i been out there, Sucks about that stealth and the viper. what a bunch of ricers. Nice job!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Yeah really. I have no problem if someone doesn't want to race, but to try and race unfairly is retarded. Great looking Firehawk btw!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks! it put down 502RWHP on a 100 shot, we had to shut it down early cuz it went lean on a dry shot. but hasnt been shot with a 150 wet yet on the dyno. and without even seeing it i can say nice G8!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Launching!

I think I missed the sarcasm in the sentence about you being worried about a stealth...

And yeah it's rare to get a clean run against the normal people on the road that don't read ls1tech or svtp everyday
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Just an FYI, the Viper was an SRT-10. The last GTS was '02 (?) I'm pretty sure. Nice runs fellas
do you guys go hang out every day and go look for races or some ****?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM

LOL, we might have been out looking for trouble I though all SRT-10's were convertible? This one was a hard top, but was the newer style (2004-2009) but I never saw the front end so I'm not sure exactly which year. Even if I had I might not be able to tell if it was 2008+ or pre 2008, but it was definitely a 2004+ hardtop (I'm not sure what year the hard tops came back).

TheTugBoat, this Stealth definitely moved out. I'm pretty confident that I would have beat him on the nitrous, but we'll never know as I never got a run with him. I know it's definitely rare, but there are fast ones out there. PSM raced a 400 rwhp 3000GT from a roll and it was dead even. I think the car was on low boost or something too. This car had a large intercooler with piping that was very visible in the front bumper, and cranked out when he stomped on it. I'll be keeping my eye open for it and let you guys know if I get to run it.

SPLATT, thanks! I haven't gotten my 2002 Z28 on the dyno or track yet with the nitrous, but it made 400 rwhp and has run 11.9 @ 117 mph on motor. I have the HSW kit set for a 100 shot for now. I might up it to 125 or 150 to try and get a 10 second pass, but first I want to do some fuel system upgrades. I'm also looking into the NANO kit as I like the idea of not needing to heat the bottle, and I like the idea of using every drop without wasting it when the bottle gets low and pressure won't come up.

I just sold my 1994 Z28 to my other brother, so that should free up some funds for mods (also want to get started on the G8), and give us one more person to cruise with
Old 04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Launching!

I'm not quite down there in et with you and psm yet but when I take out the goat everyone wants to play. We should try some bait and switch.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 PM

How's your G8 fair against your GTO?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
LOL, we might have been out looking for trouble I though all SRT-10's were convertible? This one was a hard top, but was the newer style (2004-2009) but I never saw the front end so I'm not sure exactly which year. Even if I had I might not be able to tell if it was 2008+ or pre 2008, but it was definitely a 2004+ hardtop (I'm not sure what year the hard tops came back).

TheTugBoat, this Stealth definitely moved out. I'm pretty confident that I would have beat him on the nitrous, but we'll never know as I never got a run with him. I know it's definitely rare, but there are fast ones out there. PSM raced a 400 rwhp 3000GT from a roll and it was dead even. I think the car was on low boost or something too. This car had a large intercooler with piping that was very visible in the front bumper, and cranked out when he stomped on it. I'll be keeping my eye open for it and let you guys know if I get to run it.
The hardtop came back in '06 I believe.....all the Vipers after '02 are the SRT-10's with the 500hp 8.3L. The '08s have the 600hp 8.4.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM

In that case it was a 2006 or newer SRT-10 hardtop. Not sure if it was the 500 or 600 hp version. Either way it would have been fun
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Nice runs fellas
do you guys go hang out every day and go look for races or some ****?
Thanks. We've been known to cruise looking for trouble from time to time.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
T.A.WS6

lol great kill!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Oh man I totally had you confused for blackbird that has the g8 and ta.

Have never lined em up. Gto's been getting the knife the last couple times I was back home. It'll happen soon though
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Out cruising in in my 2002 Z28 with PSM. My car is a cam only car making 400 rwhp and I just put a 100 shot on it.

First run was against a stock 2005 Saleen. It turned out to be the NA version (rated 325 hp and 340 tq), but I didn't know until after the races. I wasn't going to spray until I tried him NA, and ended up not needing to. I got next to him at abut 60 mph and he gave me the "lets run 'em" grin. I dropped it into 3rd and he punched it without warning, getting a solid 1-1.5 car jump. I hit it and reeled him in. We took it to the top of 4th and I had about a 3-4 car lead. PSM was behind me and also passed him, making it a double kill, lol. We spun around and went for one more, but from a slower speed. I dropped it into 2nd and he hit it again without warning, getting a 1 car jump. I hit it and reeled him in, pulling 3-4 cars before letting off part way through 4th gear. He seemed like a cool guy, and the car was beautiful, dark tan/bronze color. Very sharp looking and pulled good for a stock NA Saleen.

Later PSM and I lined up from a dig. I didn't spray. I had one passenger and he was alone. The first run I bogged and he jumped out. Once we got going he pulled steadily, probably taking the win by 2.5-3 cars by the marked 1/4. We went again a second time and I got a better launch, staying with him for a bit, before he started pulling away, taking the win by about 2 cars in the 1/4. Very fun runs.

After that I had the chance to have two very good races, but the other drivers were retards. The first was a newer GTS Viper. I don't know if it was the 500 or the 600 hp version. I opened the bottle, which was up to a perfect 1050 psi, and was set for a good run. I figured pre 08 and I'd take it, 08+ and he'd pull me. He clearly was looking at me in his side view mirror. We got onto the highway and he immediately nails it with me still behind him. I wasn't gonna waste the nitrous without a clean run. I tried to get next to him, but he just kept weaving through traffic at about 90 mph like an ***, so I gave up.

The second potential was a Dodge Stealth. He got next to me and just punched it without any warning. What the hell is with that? Can no one run a clean race without trying to jump? The car moved out well and I was debating using the nitrous or not. I think it would have been very close without it, with me possibly losing. I followed him to the highway where he proceeded to drive like an *** at 90 mph weaving through traffic. I stayed back and he finally slowed. I got next to him and asked if he wanted to run them and he very enthusiastically said yes. There was too much traffic so we were waiting and he finally gets next to me again and says he had to drop his friend off. We asked him how far so we could follow him off the highway and get a run in after, if it wasn't too far. He just says, "never mind I don't want to race," and then cuts over and takes the next exit.

What's up with people? Why can no one line up for a friendly even race? Everyone has to punch it from behind you or hit it before you can get next to them, etc.

Fun day other than the idiots.
I have ran into several dumb asses that have done the exact same thing ,the best thing to do is don't run them.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Yeah, I always just back off. If they slow and I get next to them then great. If not then I'll let them drive like ******** and then run to their regular forum and post up their "kill" like. Kind of like that guy did with the Cavalier vs the Camry in here

Anything good going into the GTO for parts?