Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple kills in the past week

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple kills in the past week

Cliffys- Killed a black 370z, a stereotypical c5 vette owner, and a talked up 97 cobra

First kill, I was leaving the hospital, my sister was admitted for galbladder problems, going to get something to eat since hospital food is nasty. As soon, as I hit the on ramp I see a really clean Black 370z. Was Curious what it had so I pulled to the rear of his bumper. I already had my gear preset just in case he took off, which he did so I pull off the clutch and hammer it. At about 100 I was a fender ahead. The guy and the hot *** bitch he had with him were really cool. They both waved as we seperated ways.

Second kill, Was Going to the hospital for her surgery, I was driving down the interstate when a pewter c5 auto vette merges on. I kinda edge up next to him, he rolls down his window and asks if I thought my mustang could take his vette. I nod, he just laughs and rolls up the window. So I ease it in 3rd, slowly letting off the clutch so he doesnt jump me. Once I was in 3rd I kinda slightly romp. I here the auto downshift once, twice, and it was a perfect timing. I was kinda low in rpms so he hung with me for a sec at about 90 I had pulled him by a car or so. A couple secs later, he passed me with a look like he just got kicked in the nuts. I lol'd and went on to the hospital.

Third kill, Is a local 97 cobra with the most hidious body kit, ive been wanting to run this one for a while. The previous owner talked so much about the car and how it was so fast. I saw the new owner at the car wash so I pulled in and asked him which way he was headed for a lil fun run. I followed him for a while and we finally slowed to about 40, I rev-matched 2nd, honk, honk, honk I instantly pull and by 100 have a good 2 cars on him. The first thing he said is how much nitrous are you spraying, I replied empty bottle. I lol'd to myself about this one, and drove off. This car is suppose to have a built 4v with full bolt-ons, All I could tell was Cai, tune, gears, and exhaust. Ran like it had that too.

Last edited by 06MUSTANGGT24V; 05-01-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

nice kills op.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Cliffys- Killed a black 370z, a stereotypical c5 vette owner, and a talked up 97 cobra

First kill, I was leaving the hospital, my sister was admitted for galbladder problems, going to get something to eat since hospital food is nasty. As soon, as I hit the on ramp I see a really clean Black 370z. Was Curious what it had so I pulled to the rear of his bumper. I already had my gear preset just in case he took off, which he did so I pull off the clutch and hammer it. At about 100 I was a fender ahead. The guy and the hot *** bitch he had with him were really cool. They both waved as we seperated ways.

Second kill, Was Going to the hospital for her surgery, I was driving down the interstate when a pewter c5 auto vette merges on. I kinda edge up next to him, he rolls down his window and asks if I thought my mustang could take his vette. I nod, he just laughs and rolls up the window. So I ease it in 3rd, slowly letting off the clutch so he doesnt jump me. Once I was in 3rd I kinda slightly romp. I here the auto downshift once, twice, and it was a perfect timing. I was kinda low in rpms so he hung with me for a sec at about 90 I had pulled him by a car or so. A couple secs later, he passed me with a look like he just got kicked in the nuts. I lol'd and went on to the hospital.

Third kill, Is a local 97 cobra with the most hidious body kit, ive been wanting to run this one for a while. The previous owner talked so much about the car and how it was so fast. I saw the new owner at the car wash so I pulled in and asked him which way he was headed for a lil fun run. I followed him for a while and we finally slowed to about 40, I rev-matched 2nd, honk, honk, honk I instantly pull and by 100 have a good 2 cars on him. The first thing he said is how much nitrous are you spraying, I replied empty bottle. I lol'd to myself about this one, and drove off. This car is suppose to have a built 4v with full bolt-ons, All I could tell was Cai, tune, gears, and exhaust. Ran like it had that too.
Nice kills! you got the OR X pipe on now and the TB spacer right?

And what more bolt-ons could he have had? I'm not a huge ford guy but i'd say he is at least near full-bolt on's.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Nice kills! you got the OR X pipe on now and the TB spacer right?

And what more bolt-ons could he have had? I'm not a huge ford guy but i'd say he is at least near full-bolt on's.
Actually I only have the o/r x now. I found out the tb spacer did more harm than good. So I took that mother off.

Yea, Its almost full bolt-on. I dont think it had headers. I was just saying more than likely the Internals where never touched.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Actually I only have the o/r x now. I found out the tb spacer did more harm than good. So I took that mother off.

Yea, Its almost full bolt-on. I dont think it had headers. I was just saying more than likely the Internals where never touched.
Yea i've been under the impression the T/B spacers really dont help on newer vehicles.

Well yea if its no headers then its def not full bolt-ons.

I was just more fuggin with ya
Old 05-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Launching!

06mustanggt24v <------------ loser!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Keep posting your kills over here, bro. Good thing you have thick skin lol.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Keep posting your kills over here, bro. Good thing you have thick skin lol.
Is that a fat joke.....lol

Od, you are gay....

That is all
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

**** I thought this was my thread...why are you copying me?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 AM

that vette must have been bone stock an im still suprised you beat him. Are you sure he knew he was racing you? haha
Old 05-04-2009, 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

A bolton GT beating an LS1 vette? Probably had a V6 swapped in or something.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by letsrunem
A bolton GT beating an LS1 vette? Probably had a V6 swapped in or something.
that's the truth! I've beat bolt on gt's by several cars, and completely humiliated a 97 cobra.

Last edited by ricky02c5; 05-04-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ricky02c5
that's the truth! I've beat bolt on gt's by several cars, and completely humiliated a 97 cobra.
I made sure he was going to go before I floored it. I have been around a bunch auto f-bodys and vettes, so I knew how much throttle I had to use when it first downshifted, then I heard it start to downshift again and I floored it at the same time. Yes it was a stock c5 too, Ive always tried to get video but never have the camera when I do!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
***Repost Police***

OP's car runs very strong for what's done to it, and I'm sure if you guys with stock LS1s check your timeslips, your 1000' ets and trapspeeds are gonna be very similar to his. Good kills OP
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

I made sure he was going to go before I floored it. I have been around a bunch auto f-bodys and vettes, so I knew how much throttle I had to use when it first downshifted, then I heard it start to downshift again and I floored it at the same time. Yes it was a stock c5 too, Ive always tried to get video but never have the camera when I do!
Get some gear behind her man, she'll really move then!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
OP's car runs very strong for what's done to it, and I'm sure if you guys with stock LS1s check your timeslips, your 1000' ets and trapspeeds are gonna be very similar to his. Good kills OP
i ran a 10.640 1000ft time. only thing done being a $50.00 K&N cone filter, cat delete and x-pipe. No tune. 1.996 60ft.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
***Repost Police***

The fact that you're running 12.65 @ 113mph shows that those mods, however small you think they might be, definitely improved the way your car runs. So if you were stock, you'd be very close to the OP.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

I also cut a 2.103 60' this was just the loaded 93 tune, bbk cai, and bassani axle-back. Now my car has a O/R X and I have adjusted the tune a lil bit! Good times Ricky, Sweet C5
Old 05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a noob question here, i'm really curious about your car 06mustang24v, i just bought an ls1, and reason i chose it over 2006+ mustang GT was because simply ls1 has more hp.

now my question is,
is 06+ GT underrated like ls1? it's rated 315 hp right?
how did you beat a car that has 350hp stock(the vette) with less weight?
given your mods any idea what you put down on the wheels?

i believe the OP just curious
i've seen top gear did low 13 with the GT stock so it's a stout car, reason i went with ls1 instead was just because i wanted a mod friendlier engine, which is IMO the LS1
Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raysadude
i have a noob question here, i'm really curious about your car 06mustang24v, i just bought an ls1, and reason i chose it over 2006+ mustang GT was because simply ls1 has more hp.

now my question is,
is 06+ GT underrated like ls1? it's rated 315 hp right?
how did you beat a car that has 350hp stock(the vette) with less weight?
given your mods any idea what you put down on the wheels?

i believe the OP just curious
i've seen top gear did low 13 with the GT stock so it's a stout car, reason i went with ls1 instead was just because i wanted a mod friendlier engine, which is IMO the LS1
I almost bought a 02 camaro ss slp with 32k miles, but decided I wanted to waste some money and buy a slower car...lol I bought my car bc I wanted warranty. The thing about my car is that well, it is stout! Stock manual Gt's make 265-275rwhp and are rated at 300hp! My car dyno'd at 291rwhp and 317rwtq. The dyno was spitting out low horsepower numbers all day, with 317rwtq I should but down about 305rwhp! My car also has the 3.55 option and a bad *** driver mod lol jk!